Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 8:13:51 AM | IP Logged

Ok, if they let us keep designing and maybe make it so you can play a rated and ranked game on a custom course?

I know I would like that! Wake up Axe. lol  

don pollard
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1968 (55)

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:40:25 AM | IP Logged

My only concerns are do we have to download special software, will those with slower internet speeds be affected greatly, and will they offer a premium service with a one time fee, like you would get buying a disc. I have no problem paying for something if it is an improvement. we havent seen anything new in a long time cept for the great custom courses here. ive been a memeber here for 6 years now and have seen this site do wonderful things. ive owned every series going back to pga championship golf, the people here always make something work. I think it would be great if ea just allowed the designers here to upload the courses for them, seems logical, they dont have to put out the time or effort to make them (ea). Just sign up to be a beta tester and see what you think then. I have had some of my most fun gaming online with others from around the world, been doing it for years, just not on golf. I can adapt, i think most can. Lets just get the game, play, and have fun like always. Peace 

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 12:27:36 PM | IP Logged

I don't think EA adopts the user made courses, coz it's gonna be too much hassle with quality control.

If many designers here remain making courses for 08, I have to consider buying 08 on eBay. LOL

I was expecting that 10's graphics came to the level of CRYSIS.
But the reality is the level of TW04. So shabby. TAT

Is it so proud to stream a 04 level game on web-browsers, EA?

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 12:44:28 PM | IP Logged

Goro said:
"I don't think EA adopts the user made courses, coz it's gonna be too much hassle with quality control.

If many designers here remain making courses for 08, I have to consider buying 08 on eBay. LOL

I was expecting that 10's graphics came to the level of CRYSIS.
But the reality is the level of TW04. So shabby. TAT

Is it so proud to stream a 04 level game on web-browsers, EA?
"

So much speculation...too bad most of it is off the mark.

Can't comment on the user made courses as that is limited by NDA.

Not sure why you would expect TW Online graphics to be like Crysis...did you expect EA to limit their users to the .1% of users with the highest end PC's completely ignoring laptops?

TW Online's graphics are NOT the level of TW04....you have not played the beta, so I don't know where you get your speculation from. I HAVE played the beta and it is head and shoulders ABOVE TW04 and in many cases TW08.

You see anyone else streaming fully dynamic 3D environments through a web browser? Please enlighten us if you have....

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 2:05:56 PM | IP Logged

axe360 said:
"Ok, if they let us keep designing and maybe make it so you can play a rated and ranked game on a custom course?

I know I would like that! Wake up Axe. lol"

EASO will be gone,so there may not be rated or ranked games or any of the other weirdness from EASO. 

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 3:34:37 PM | IP Logged

Hi, DivotMaker, nice to converse with you.
To me, user-made custom courses are the TW series itself.
It's too late to cry when they have gone.
Speculation? It's betteer than becoming too late.
NDA is your escapeway or something?

I personaly can't find the merit of playing a golf game on a web-browser, exchanging high quality graphics.
I was expecting high quality graphics of TW10 for PC, not of a browser.
And the Crysis is now a mid-range class of graphic. Any laptops can handle it if it's not more than two years old.

After all, EA is facing to majority, not to PC-gamers, aka minority.LOL
In my country, we have online-crap-golfgames. All the players are very casual users. They never bother how the courses are ugly or too easy, although they bother which costume they should buy next.

I saw the screen shot on IGN. They were jaggy, and I could never tell which maker's club the player was holding.
Streaming fully dynamic 3D environments through a web browser, is it so proud?
I want a quality game, not a show-off of new technologies.

xxxxwhiz
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 4:01:27 PM | IP Logged

The screen shots do not do this game any justice, the graphics are at or very close and in some instances better than TW08, sign up for the beta, and be part of the solution, EA wants our input, saying on a Forum over and over how bad a Picture looks will not help the future of PC golfing.  

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/19/1971 (52)

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 4:12:37 PM | IP Logged

Goro,

I'm really beginning to think NOTHING is going to make you happy. You refuse to even give this game a chance. You continue to speculate about something that you know absolutely NOTHING about. Who said user made courses are gone? EA has not said a word about what their strategy is for courses in this new game. Divotmaker and others are under an NDA which means they are not allowed to say certain things about the game that they are testing. You can call it an 'escapeway' if you want to, but it is a legal agreement that he and others have agreed to.

You may not believe that the graphics are going to be high quality because they are in a browser. You would be SADLY mistaken. Just because you have seen low resolution screenshots on IGN doesn't mean you have truly seen what this game looks like. So continue to gripe and moan if you want. But I can tell you this, when this game is released it is going to surprise a lot of people. I know you won't though because you and others have already given up on it before it is even released. 

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 4:39:10 PM | IP Logged

The screenshots of it look better than 08 if ya ask me. Looking forward to playing it! 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

don pollard
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 4:46:47 PM | IP Logged

Very well spoken JsJarvis, I concur,cant wait. Peace 

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 5:07:16 PM | IP Logged

Goro said:
"Hi, DivotMaker, nice to converse with you.
To me, user-made custom courses are the TW series itself.
It's too late to cry when they have gone.
Speculation? It's betteer than becoming too late.
NDA is your escapeway or something?"

NDA is non-disclosure agreement. It is a LEGALLY BINDING agreement between myself and EA which states that I cannot reveal or discuss features of a game that have not been released by EA publicly. You will excuse me if I take a legally binding agreement VERY seriously.

Goro said:
"I personaly can't find the merit of playing a golf game on a web-browser, exchanging high quality graphics.
I was expecting high quality graphics of TW10 for PC, not of a browser.
And the Crysis is now a mid-range class of graphic. Any laptops can handle it if it's not more than two years old."

Have you played TW Online? If not, then your opinions are not valid because you have not played the game and I have. What I have seen and played in VERY early form is better in many respects than what you are playing right now...TW08. The graphics streamed to my PC's has been phenomenal. Unless you have seen it firsthand, then your comments are just that, comments.

As far as Crysis running on "any" laptops? Are you kidding me? That is the biggest load of crap I have seen posted in some time. I have a Centrino C2D 2.4 Ghz/4 GB DDR6400 RAM/nVidia 9600GT with 512 MB VRAM running Windows 7 RC1 and Crysis will not run at anything above 1024x768 in single digit framerates. Please spare me with such comparisons. Absolute nonsense.

Goro said:
"After all, EA is facing to majority, not to PC-gamers, aka minority.LOL
In my country, we have online-crap-golfgames. All the players are very casual users. They never bother how the courses are ugly or too easy, although they bother which costume they should buy next."

Not sure where you are from, but you are in for one helluva surprise.

Goro said:
"I saw the screen shot on IGN. They were jaggy, and I could never tell which maker's club the player was holding.
Streaming fully dynamic 3D environments through a web browser, is it so proud?
I want a quality game, not a show-off of new technologies.
"

Gee, you think the screenshots were jaggy? No kidding...what do you think compression technologies do to screenshots? I have seen the game running at 60+ fps at 1920x1200 WITH AA and AF and it is stunning. But since you have already crucified EA and the game, I guess you won't be playing it. Sorry you feel that way.... 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

don pollard
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 5:18:26 PM | IP Logged

uhhh, very WELL SPOKEN AGAIN. I am anxious now listening to divotmaker. You have gotten me very excited about this game and I can only hope that I am chosen to be a beta tester. As many years as I have been playing this series, I believe I can give an honest unbiased opinion on the game. Cant wait till you can give us some more info. Thank you for what you have been allowed to share so far and keep it coming as you can. Peace, Don 

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 6:40:45 PM | IP Logged

You got it Don...glad to be here. If you signed up for the beta, chances are excellent that you will get an invitation. When you do, play the game and tell EA what you think about it, good and not so good. It is the only way they can improve the game for us, the buying public. 

DivotMaker Signature

Squirrely
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 11/30/1969 (54)

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 7:06:41 PM | IP Logged

I signed up for the Beta because I think it's the only way I will have a voice with what EA is doing. Not sure if I get chosen, but I feel confident that most of the users here will give EA the feedback they need to bring us a good product.
Cough.......
Cough............
Custom Courses Pleaseee
We'll call it the CCCCP cause........... :P

I'm a new puppy with TW community(only 4 months or so), and there have been people here for many many years that deserve to do the Beta than myself, but if I do get chosen. I'll take any suggestions from the TW community to send EA's way without question. They been playing TW much longer than myself, and know the game inside & out.

Question:
I've watched my favorite show LOST on ABC.com before, and ABC's video launcher HD feed was incredible looking. Was shocked they could send that much info through the Internet at the quality & speed.
Doesn't that mean EA can steam a killer graphical TW game across the web now too since they send HD feeds across the inter like they do now ?
Not the best with computer knowledge so this is why I ask, and I would think people with slower Internet service will suffer the most, and not what kind hardware your PC has under the hood. Seems EA would be able to still let the user decide on how much graphics they want to receive on their end.
Is this correct thinking?

Squirrely

don pollard
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 7:27:04 PM | IP Logged

I would think so squirrley, i play online games and get fabulous connections. HD content, which can be huge, can be streamed to pc's and look fabulous. With what divotmaker has said, I anticipate a product that will be top notch. Im sure we will get more courses, just don;t know how yet, but I find myself checking email hourly almost to see if I am approved for beta testing. I am an avid golfer, but I stink, and TW is my rainy day fix. Can't wait for our first product in almost 2 years. Think about that, 2 years, how much have pc's evolved in that time, and what can we do now. The possibilities are almost endless. Peace,Don 

UserRob9542
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 8:40:46 PM | IP Logged

JSJarvis said:
"Goro,

I'm really beginning to think NOTHING is going to make you happy. You refuse to even give this game a chance. You continue to speculate about something that you know absolutely NOTHING about. Who said user made courses are gone? EA has not said a word about what their strategy is for courses in this new game. Divotmaker and others are under an NDA which means they are not allowed to say certain things about the game that they are testing. You can call it an 'escapeway' if you want to, but it is a legal agreement that he and others have agreed to.

You may not believe that the graphics are going to be high quality because they are in a browser. You would be SADLY mistaken. Just because you have seen low resolution screenshots on IGN doesn't mean you have truly seen what this game looks like. So continue to gripe and moan if you want. But I can tell you this, when this game is released it is going to surprise a lot of people. I know you won't though because you and others have already given up on it before it is even released."

Thank you, Jeff. I couldn't agree more. 

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 8:43:43 PM | IP Logged

the next beta may be several weeks away,dont expect to hear from EA about the beta for a while. 

Otto Kriete
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/1/1953 (70)

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:27:54 PM | IP Logged

Goro said:
"
And the Crysis is now a mid-range class of graphic. Any laptops can handle it if it's not more than two years old.
"

You forgot to say....... "with very low resolution and no AA or AF turned on........" 

UserDBaran
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/18/1963 (61)

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 11:54:06 PM | IP Logged

Squirrely said:
"

I'm a new puppy with TW community(only 4 months or so), and there have been people here for many many years that deserve to do the Beta than myself ...

"

... longevity in the community will hopefully have little (if any) weighting when it comes to being selected for the Beta ... as long as you are passionate about the game (which it sounds like you are) and committed to helping EA make it all that it should be (through constructive input), then you might very well be the ideal Beta tester ... 

slippery1
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/19/1959 (64)

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 1:17:19 AM | IP Logged

I'm gonna play the bad guy here, I have broad shoulders and am willing to take the wrath of anyone that disagrees. Here goes.....some of you people have not been listening!! Alot of what you are spouting here is pure speculation. Now for some reason you are trying to argue with the one person (DivotMaker) that has done some hands on things with this game. He has agreed to an NDA, which as he himself has said, is a legally binding agreement. I've had some experience with NDA's myself and know that they are not to be taken lightly. Divot has told us what he feels comfortable with, and maybe has said more than what he should. Divot....thank you for supplying the info that you have. It is greatly appreciated by most and some of us appreciate the fact that you have taken time out of your life to do this. To the rest of the folks that would rather sit around and speculate, knock it off!! Its not doing any good to anyone. We are all entitled to our opinions, but an opinion should onlt be formed AFTER all the information has been gathered. 

Page of 9
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 0 active members online

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - What's this? Is it TW10 for PC? - Page 3 Loaded in 0.711 seconds
Sunday, May 5, 2024 @ 8:00:55 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.