General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 10:56:13 AM | IP Logged

playaut316 said:
"
CarnoustieTW said:
"the only thing we know for sure is that its an online based game,EA has not released any info about the number of stock courses on startup nothing about custom courses nothing about cost,I understand players being op`ed about online only but that is the way most PC games are going to be in the future."

http://kotaku.com/5270042/tiger-woods-pc-and-mac-will-no-longer-come-on-a-disc

Six courses. Please Ea let us use custom courses. Cause six just won't do. And don't dare charge us for those extra courses."

this is not info from EA,there is another site saying the game will go online with just three courses. 

UserRob9542
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 12:29:20 PM | IP Logged

Every year threads are started and endless replies posted speculating on the next year's version of TW. There are always folks who complain about what EA does or doesn't plan to release, including those who will never be happy with any version of the game. I was very disappointed when a PC version of TW09 was not developed. I will be happy with a PC version of TW10 - period. Instead of moaning and groaning about what might be, can't we all just be content knowing that a PC version of TW10 is going to be released? Try to be patient, folks. We'll have the official realease information from EA soon. :)

playaut316
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 7/5/1985 (38)

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 12:40:22 PM | IP Logged

I'm not speculating on anything. The kotaku article said six courses.

And this article has Electronic Arts COO John Pleasants saying that the online version would rely heavily on online transactions for funding.

http://www.gamecyte.com/ea-prepping-free-to-play-tiger-woods-this-year

Where is the speculating in that? If anything, I speculated that no one should worry about the gameplay. I assumed it would be fun. 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 12:40:35 PM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 12:41:00 PM

Instead of moaning and groaning about what might be, cant we all just be content knowing that a PC version of TW10 is going to be released?

The game is online-only. So lets say EA had announced TW10 would not have online capability, and would be an offline-only game? Are you saying youd be content knowing an offline-only game was being released?

playaut316
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 7/5/1985 (38)

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 12:42:29 PM | IP Logged

bangus said:
""Instead of moaning and groaning about what might be, can't we all just be content knowing that a PC version of TW10 is going to be released?"

The game in online-only. So, let's say EA announced TW10 would not have online capability, and would be an offline-only game? Are you saying you'd be content knowing an offline-only game was being released?

"

I agree. Even through all of my complaining, I'm totally stoked that there is a new game for us. I find the pc gameplay more rewarding than the console counterpart. 

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 1:25:37 PM | IP Logged

playaut316 said:
"I'm not speculating on anything. The kotaku article said six courses.

And this article has Electronic Arts COO John Pleasants saying that the online version would rely heavily on online transactions for funding.

http://www.gamecyte.com/ea-prepping-free-to-play-tiger-woods-this-year

Where is the speculating in that? If anything, I speculated that no one should worry about the gameplay. I assumed it would be fun."

You are speculating on a number of topics. Yes, 6 courses is the target for release of the game. Do you really think EA can release a game with only 6 courses and have the product be successful in the long term? They know better. EA has yet to reveal ALL of their course strategy, so when you complain about 6 courses and you won't pay for any more, how do you know what the released product will cost? How do you know what additional courses and other content will cost? You don't. And neither do I, but I do know the current course strategy for the game and you are setting yourself up for disappointment without having all the facts. As EA gets further into development and the Beta program expands in the near future, they will get INVALUABLE feedback from the Beta community and the rest of the TW PC community before they release more information. This game is being built with the long term in mind and the PC community is and will continue to heavily shape the game that we end up playing and paying for.

At the end of the day, you can speculate all you like, but you would be best served by not trying to read between the lines and make assumptions as to what EA will be delivering. What I have heard and seen was jaw-dropping to me personally and I can't help but think that the vast majority of TW PC users will feel the same way once EA has released the information I have seen so far and delivered on the strategy they have for this game and the TW PC Community..... 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

R0Bkh
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 9/26/1959 (64)

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 1:25:37 PM | IP Logged

Until more details are released from EA about the pc game for 2010 I feel it best to hold back on what really are speculations for now, I am confident that a product of the quality we have come to expect will be the end result and look forward to it. 

R0Bkh Signature

Thanks for visiting CourseDownloads.com

rwilk
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/16/1934 (89)

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 4:40:44 PM | IP Logged

I am with Bangus. I do not play on line.I do not mind the fact there will be no disc, but at least let people like us download the game to our hard drive for a fee.I am not sure but isn't this what Custom Play golf does?Just curious,how many would pay 10 dollars monthly plus for extras to play this game online?Does anyone think EA will offer this game for 5 dollars or less monthly? 

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 6:46:31 PM | IP Logged

I think it will be less,much less. 

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 11:51:45 AM | IP Logged

I have been on a mini trip over the weekend to a hot spring on a high mountain.
I bathed a lot, and enjoyed the TW06 and the Oblivion on my laptop computer.
I could not access to the net under the circumstances.

To me, what the most attractive point of the Oblivion is the thousands numbers of user made MODs.
Likewise, that of TW's is the thousands numbers of user made courses.
They must be the privilege of the PC gamers.

Now, how does EA combine this charm and the online charges?
How about copyright of the course designers?
How does EA act if thousands of crap courses were uploaded?

Personally, I do not play stock courses after playing the first time round.
If EA is hearing the voice of PC gamers, they should address about the above points before addressing c*ap information, shouldn't they?

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 12:08:22 PM | IP Logged

Ok, I'll take the bait. Personally I think EA has been trying to stop us designers from making courses for a couple of years now.

First the water, then the pano's etc:

So I will say goodbye if we can't design anymore, as I only play occasionally.

I am going to check out the new Red Faction Guerrilla, first person shooter game, and hopefully I will be able to finish my first and maybe last Real course design.

I hope TW's stays the same, at least if we can still design that would be cool.

If not, I hope the new version will be so awesome, maybe I will stick around. I have loved designing and like to play online when I feel like it. But we will see.

Anyway, it has been a blast being part of this community and I hope to stay in touch with everyone.

Axe.......... 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 7:04:24 PM | IP Logged

I agree Larry, I enjoy playing, but for me the course designing is the biggie. It looks like EA has decided to close that avenue. Despite the fact that course designers have probably sold more copies of the game for EA in the last 2 years than they would have otherwise, they seem to be deemed as irrelevant. I for one wont be spending any hard earned dosh to get me a nice new EA hat to wear.

Neil 

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 at 9:49:21 AM | IP Logged

Munroco said:
"I agree Larry, I enjoy playing, but for me the course designing is the biggie. It looks like EA has decided to close that avenue. Despite the fact that course designers have probably sold more copies of the game for EA in the last 2 years than they would have otherwise, they seem to be deemed as irrelevant. I for one wont be spending any hard earned dosh to get me a nice new EA hat to wear.

Neil"

You can speculate all you like and I understand that comes with the limited information released. When EA reveals their ENTIRE strategy for TW Online, then all this speculation is just what it is. Having knowledge of what their plans are, I would not jump to any conclusions about the game until those details are released. 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 at 10:46:44 AM | IP Logged

"You can speculate all you like and I understand that comes with the limited information released. When EA reveals their ENTIRE strategy for TW Online, then all this speculation is just what it is. Having knowledge of what their plans are, I would not jump to any conclusions about the game until those details are released."

Hummm, could course design contests be part of their strategy? 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 at 12:13:53 PM | IP Logged

bangus said:
"
Hummm, could course design contests be part of their strategy?"

I think the fact that it seems likely EA will be selling new courses as addons probably makes this unlikely.

Neil 

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 at 1:44:55 PM | IP Logged

Even if EA's addon courses were jaw-dropping quality, they can't always win over hundreds of crazy designers' crazy-quality courses.

I've been loving those crazy courses. And I'LL BE MISSING THEM FOREVER.

don pollard
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1968 (55)

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 at 9:48:01 PM | IP Logged

I, for one, dont care what it is yet, because some is better than nothing. I signed up to test it, and hopefully get picked. I dont play golf online very often, but I do play ut3 and ut 2k4 online and love it. I know this will be different, but I would like to think that with all the flak ea took in the past, they went back to the drawing board and came up with something wonderful.. And lets be honest, how much could this really cost? A first time venture online? To make sure it is successful, I see it being reasonably priced. Heck, I would pay $60 one time if it does all I want. On all the post that I have read, the ea guy Tim says he thinks people are really gunna like what they get, I am willing to wait and find out. 50% of somethin is still somethin, we were left with 100% of nothin last year, which is still nothin. Lets just see what they have in store, then make our comments. Peace 

vexxxboy
General Member
No User Image
New Zealand

B-Day: 2/25/1964 (60)

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 at 10:10:49 PM | IP Logged

heres a thought , maybe EA know who make the best courses and that is the community, they have been watching and ,i would think, playing the custom courses, and wouldnt it make sense to let the best people make the courses and then the money they would charge to play TW online would be money well spent, plus it is way cheaper to get the courses done for free than paying people to do it. sounds plausible , i think so so im prepared to wait and see what is planned. 

BillSaunders
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 4/11/1955 (69)

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 at 11:17:18 PM | IP Logged

Why cant EA. come up with one disc that would do all concils and pcs. I think that would be better. That way if you got a play-station and pc. then you can use the one disc. 

jmeier
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/1/1964 (59)

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 2:01:48 AM | IP Logged

Because consoles and pcs do not use the same operating systems. Just like pcs and macs are different. Even the 3 major consoles do not share the same games. 

jmeier Signature

Tour Manager and Design Manager of the CGX Tour, the best place online for PGA Style tournament play on custom courses. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Page of 9
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
jonbuk, raylloyd7,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - What's this? Is it TW10 for PC? - Page 2 Loaded in 0.281 seconds
Wednesday, April 24, 2024 @ 5:44:18 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.