What's this? Is it TW10 for PC?
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

brandyyy67
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:25:58 AM | IP Logged

I honestly dont see what all the fuss is about theres 2 options here..1 if game any good and reasonably priced .. play it 2.... if game not better than 08 and unreasnably priced.. don,t play it...keep playing 08 making new courses playing online and such and when theres no big demand for 2010 EA will have a rethink and launch 2011  

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:37:19 AM | IP Logged

OK, I was moaning over the same thing. Sorry about that. This is the last time.

If I knew the whole world would be destroyed tomorrow, I can't inform of it.
And the day after, I could say I was under the NDA.

EA is facing towards casual web users now. (That'll be a big business)
And almost all of casual users don't know even the existence of custom courses.
They will get satisfied with one per month new courses that EA makes.

If EA adopts user-made courses, then I will apologize to the site's mates.

Kanga
General Member
No User Image
Australia

B-Day: 2/3/1963 (61)

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 4:42:14 AM | IP Logged

Goro said:
"

And the day after, I could say I was under the NDA.
"

And you would say it to who and where exactly? ;) Sorry, that was too hard to resist.

Just hold your horses and wait til you see what they've got. No point in arguing over speculation is there?

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/19/1971 (52)

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 7:03:51 AM | IP Logged

Goro said:
"If I knew the whole world would be destroyed tomorrow, I cant inform of it.
And the day after, I could say I was under the NDA."

What an ignorant statement! Divot being under an NDA over a GAME (let me repeat that...A GAME!!!!!) is nothing like what you stated. This is not a life or death thing for you do know this instant every little thing about this game. You are just going to have to wait for more information to come out. It is obvious that you have no interest in actually signing up for the beta and seeing for yourself what the game is really like. 

Squirrely
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 11/30/1969 (54)

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 7:53:21 AM | IP Logged

I'm a pretty mellow fellow, and usually keep my tongue tied in most situations until I know more about things, but I can't believe that DivotMaker is catching smack for holding to a legal obligation of this NDA agreement. It's most likely killing him/her not to be able to talk about it more than us wanting to know about things. I know it would be eating me up not being able to talk about things, but the rules is something I understand & respect. Guess it's going to take a hand coming out of the computer monitor then smacking someone upside the head before some understand this, It's really simple when ya think about it, but it today's world when morals are the last thing some check, I'm not to shocked..............

Don't worry about things Divotmaker, others & I appreciate what you are trying to tell us with the Ball & Chains you have around your legs. Hopefully all works out for everybody with the new TW, but EA won't hear the silent. So I'm going to try to do my part, but if EA doesn't listen, bad EA, bad EA !!!!!!!!!

Now back to my morning coffee.........
Yummy...... :P

Squirrely

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 9:20:46 AM | IP Logged

Goro said:
"OK, I was moaning over the same thing. Sorry about that. This is the last time.

And the day after, I could say I was under the NDA."

It is painfully obvious that you are unaware of what NDA's are and what they mean. I suggest you go and educate yourself on what they are before you make any more misinformed statements. And just to be clear....if EA has not stated what their entire strategy is for TW Online, what makes you think it is okay for me to? If EA is not ready to divulge their full intentions, there MUST be a reason for it. I can assure you this...if I did tell you anything that EA has not approved or released publicly, I would be facing a very serious lawsuit. For what? A VIDEO GAME?

Goro said:
"EA is facing towards casual web users now. (That'll be a big business)
And almost all of casual users don't know even the existence of custom courses.
They will get satisfied with one per month new courses that EA makes."

I have two suggestions for you. A number of users here have already seen the first beta and have told you that you are dead wrong about the game being streamed through a browser.

1) Sign up for the next beta and see for yourself.

2) Don't sign up for any of the betas and wait for the game to be released before making any further misinformed comments.

If you continue with your current attitude towards the game, be prepared to be either ignored or people telling you to take a hike as the vast majority here have a "wait and see" point of view which is most appropriate since the game is not going to be released until the Fall.

Goro said:
"If EA adopts user-made courses, then I will apologize to the site's mates.
"

Whether they do this or not, I think you will find that your fears and comments about the game are misinformed at best. All will be revealed in due time.... 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 11:51:31 AM | IP Logged

metaphor......................................................I give up.

don pollard
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1968 (55)

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 12:01:43 PM | IP Logged

Well said Goro 

rwilk
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/16/1934 (89)

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 4:36:15 PM | IP Logged

Divot Maker this post is not meant to be argumentive.You posted that is some ways this new game is better than 2008.Would one surmise that in some ways it is the same or inferior to 2008.

To many it just appears that playing through a browser graphics could not match that of playing off a hard drive with a top Nvidia or ATI card.Would the quality of graphis be affected by the number of players logged onto the server?

I do not know if this is true but there was a post somewhere stating the game would be free if you just wanted to play single player.If this is true what kind of quality could one expect from a free game on the internet?

I only play single player. No career mode.Graphics are the most important to me.I would think this new game offers more to on line players.

I understand EA runs a business but if they were really listening to people they would have produced a disc game with a course architect.What EA needs to understand we would not be at the point of TW 2010 without what the custom course designers have provided to this series.

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 6:16:31 PM | IP Logged

In many respects the beta is better than 08 graphically, but the game is very early and far from complete. But at this early stage, I am more than impressed with what EA is delivering. I can't be any more specific than that at this time, sorry.

To many who think the game can't possibly match playing off a hard drive with a top nV or ATI card would be DEAD WRONG. I have played in on my ATI 4870X2 and my 9600 GT with 512 MB on my laptop and the graphics are fluid and stunning. I don't know what else you want me to say. Others who were in the initial beta have said similar things.

The game will cater to the casual and hardcore user. I don't have any specifics to share other than it is unfortunate that this game will be only accessible if you are online.

That is an unfair statment, IMO. EA has lost money on the very format you describe. This is the main reason they did not put out an 09 version. The numbers do not lie:

http://itsinthegame.ea.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.27/PC.jpg

EA understands fully what the PC Community is all about and when they announce their ENTIRE strategy for TW Online publicly, you will see that your last statement is unnecessary.  

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

BladeRunnerZ
General Member
No User Image
South Africa

B-Day: 9/18/1964 (59)

Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 7:04:42 PM | IP Logged

The whole face of computing and the internet will change if the implementation of the superfast internet 'THE GRID' ever becomes a reality.

In the near future there will probably be no software of any kind distributed or sold on disk, everything will be streamed to your PC (NO MORE PIRACY). Operating systems will become eeprom based with superfast flash updates via the internet. Solid state storage is slowly getting bigger and cheaper, imagine a hard drive that does not crash.

Just think how far advanced TW will be then by taking the initiative now.  

BladeRunnerZ Signature

Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 7:46:48 AM | IP Logged

"That is an unfair statment, IMO. EA has lost money on the very format you describe. This is the main reason they did not put out an 09 version. The numbers do not lie."

Goro is making a point that some appear to be ignoring. Is this new online format a move on EA's part to finally ditch the course designer altogether? That's the question.

Over the years, EA has systematically eliminated custom course options, while allowing the functionality of the CA to deteriorate to the point where designers and gamers became so frustrated, they walked away from the game. All of which directly contributed to TW's declining sales.

I've said for years now, ever since the Links series shut down, that all of this was an orchestrated move on EA's part. No, they haven't been listening to the community. It's been their intention all along to eliminate the course design tools completely, and switch to business model where EA-created courses would be packaged and sold ala the old Microsoft course packs. I'll be interested to see if that's what's going to happen with TW 10.  

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 8:07:25 AM | IP Logged

Can't answer those questions right now Bangus. All in due time though....and I can assure you EA has been listening to the PC Community. You will see for yourselves when they reveal the entire strategy.... 

DivotMaker Signature

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 8:08:48 AM | IP Logged

A good article about TW Online written by one of the Beta testers.....

http://backnineblog.net/2009/06/04/tiger-woods-pga-tour-online-initial-beta-impressions/ 

DivotMaker Signature

Squirrely
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 11/30/1969 (54)

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 8:29:03 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Squirrely on Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 8:32:00 AM

All that happening wouldnt surprise me one bit with the more I learn how bad piracy is happening with things in the PC world. These companies have to do something to protect themselves, and with them losing all that money. The losses gotta get pushed to the honest customer to makeup for some of the money they lose. I doubt some of these big companies will give relief to the honest customers after seeing people will pay the price for game, movies, & software now, but piracy gotta effect the overall price of products, I would think. Plus some of these smaller developer cant take the hit piracy brings to the table.

I have a Steam account & have bought 1/2 my games from there since I started playing PC games 2 or so years ago. Love the HL2 story & game-play, and cant wait for HL2 ep3 & the mod Black Mesa(;original HL game made over) to come out one day, but the reason I bring up Steam is. Couldnt EA just do what Steam does to stop piracy by just making TW a downloadable game from a EA site like Steams ?
Or have people found out a way to rip off games from Steam like sites too now ?

Well, I guess a browser like game would be so much easier to access than what you have to do to get Steam working before you get to the games themselves, but I dont mind having to do this. The question is would the casual gamer do all that? Seems like EA is going for a much broader TW audience with these moves that will bring in more casual players than a hardcore tour player looking for a real like golf experience. Dont know for sure, and hopefully EA can hit the mark for both crowds while getting feedback form the Beta testing. Learning that games get rushed out the door to quick now rather than getting things right at release, and at least its promising that EA is taking the time to test things out while moving in this new direction with TW game.

If the new TW has custom courses I will be a happy camper for the TW community & myself. Have a separate part of the site that just deals with custom courses uploads, and the possibilities are endless with everything the more I think about things, but I couldnt the help thinking about this yesterday. What will happen to this great site with all this going down with the new TW browser game?
It really bothers me to think that this site that has given so much to the TW game/community might take the biggest hit out of everyone with what EA is doing now. Maybe EA can use this site for the custom course thing Im talking about, and it be like a brother to EA TW browser game site. Just have a custom course link box on the front page on the TW browser game site that takes you here.This way this site gets the love it deserves, and EA loves the TW community back big time. EA will score major points in the process and, it seems like this would be good for everyone if its possible to do with the technologies. I dont have a clue how this could happen, but if its possible, this would be great thing in my eyes.

A little more upbeat with things the more I find out, but still worried for this TW community
Squirrely 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 9:50:20 AM | IP Logged

I appreciate your reply, Divotmaker. Thanks. 

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 12:59:14 PM | IP Logged

Hi Tim, are you paid?
If not, I sympathize with you. Take care of yourself.

Goro
General Member
No User Image
Japan

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 2:18:19 PM | IP Logged

If, only If, EA's new business model succeeded,
they hires a few persons who made great courses in the past few years.

Their courses will be very high quality for sure, but we lose a fun of seeking unique courses.
And this is the best situation that I can imagine.
Don't you wanna play crazy-crazy-crazy courses, ah?

don pollard
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1968 (55)

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 4:33:24 PM | IP Logged

Actually, I tend to only download the real courses. Call it personal preference. I am sure I am missing out on some wonderful designs, but its just me. I for one can't wait for a new version to come out, I am sure there will be some way of getting new courses. Will we have to pay for it? Maybe. Do I care? No. Everything game wise for pc's and consoles have gotten more expensive in the last 10 years, so if we dont get free courses and have to pay a small fee, I will still buy them. I am just hoping, as said before, that there is a one time premium pay that will allow a user to get everything as long as that is the most recent game. That would be similar to buying a disc and installing it, in my eyes. If not, well guess what, I will still buy and pay. Thats life, companies have to make money and we are the buyers. Lets just hope it will be reasonable and fun, that is all I ask. Peace 

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 5:54:56 PM | IP Logged

Goro said:
"Hi Tim, are you paid?
If not, I sympathize with you. Take care of yourself.
"

No, I am not compensated by EA. I have a passion for the game, especially the PC version and I spend what little free time I have either playing the game or moderating the EA Tiger forums or participating here and PGAX....thank you for your concern though... 

DivotMaker Signature

Page of 9
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
Aurelius, dancamp,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - What's this? Is it TW10 for PC? - Page 4 Loaded in 0.672 seconds
Saturday, May 18, 2024 @ 3:00:45 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.