Author  Message

suthrnbelle0
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/22/1944 (80)

Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 7:08:47 PM | IP Logged

edited by: suthrnbelle0 on Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 7:09:00 PM

I realize servers are not free and if pgax needs donations for server, count me in! 

Topic Locked

Hill1945
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at 12:08:08 PM | IP Logged

I to am dissatisfied with TWO and when I complained I was told I was misinformed and spreading poison. The complaints I maid were the same as everybody else. I to find it to be way to much money and I don't like being railroaded to join Ea by shutting down their servers. I love this game (TW08)and most likely addicted to it. I am average golf player and paying 60 a year and buying points would most likely cost me 100 a year. TW0 is not worth that amount of money. I am not even willing to pay 60 

Topic Locked

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at 9:06:22 PM | IP Logged

Hill1945 said:
"I to am dissatisfied with TWO and when I complained I was told I was misinformed and spreading poison. The complaints I maid were the same as everybody else. I to find it to be way to much money and I don't like being railroaded to join Ea by shutting down their servers. I love this game (TW08)and most likely addicted to it. I am average golf player and paying 60 a year and buying points would most likely cost me 100 a year. TW0 is not worth that amount of money. I am not even willing to pay 60"

thats because you were misinformed and spreading nonsense in the chatbox.  

Topic Locked

ZB
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 2/7/1963 (61)

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 3:03:45 AM | IP Logged

I have until now, chosen not to view my own opinions on TWO, however now that we are closing in on the shutdown date for the easo tw08 server, I am inclined to post my own thoughts.

I have tried TWO and found it to be, as many have already stated, an unfinished project. This is reason alone in my books for not investing my cash into it. You wouldn't go and buy a car that had no wheels would you? Well I wouldn't and I also wouldn't wish to pay the mechanic for his time to fit those missing wheels, so with TWO, I will not be supporting EA with investment for future development either.

The game-play still remains very immature almost childlike and has the feeling I am playing an arcade game. Course replication seems to be mostly borne from figments of the developer's imagination.....ie: TPC Sawgrass on TWO seems to have trees and bunkers placed where on the real course, they do not appear...even the wrong type of trees have been used in a few spots so as far as accuracy in real course replication goes, it is just a fantasy IMHO.

At present, there is no CA and as most will know, that is what I do most with the current TW08 game due to being heavily involved at PGAX.

I could go on but won't, because there will be supporters from both camps. For the foreseeable future, I remain in the TW08 camp as that in my opinion offers the best and most accurate facility of real golf simulation. TWO has a very long way to go. Yes, I hope they get there and once all the wheels are finally in place, well maybe, I will have another look and switch over.

However, until then, I am more than happy to know that at PGAX at least, we have our own means of staying online, running our tour and recreating real courses with accuracy and are also looking to the future with the thought of introducing new skill level tours and even more courses. Our game server is being worked on with the intent of providing a similar experience to EASO only better.

For me personally, TWO and EA will have to improve significantly before I invest my money with them

zee 

Topic Locked

Hill1945
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 6:09:30 AM | IP Logged

Yes I did complain on chat box for the simple reason I did not understand forum and how it worked because I never posted before. Now for me if someone on shout box tells how great something is like TWO for instance and is misinforming members and I started asking if the reason EASO was shutting down its servers was due to TWO wanting members.
I have played over 50 rounds on TWO when I maid my comment and what I type was strictly the truth where on the hand TWO leaders were the ones spreading poison. Personally I did not like how you handled your TW08 membership. I believe if you tell the ones who gave their honest opinions that they are liars (misinformed)and telling what they experienced and wanted to share (poison). The other members have stated complaints that I have stated and you continue to not understand them and to get down to the bare truth who is really misinformed and spreading poison. I have joined sides with those who have complaints with TWO and I find them to be telling the truth through my own experiences. And all this attack on me was due to a question.  

Topic Locked

phnert44
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 8:27:13 AM | IP Logged

Hill, your missing something. "They" get upset when you criticize EA for shutting down TW08 and leaving all us faithful users down and out. You can't win that argument and you will always be dismissed as uninformed. It was a financial decision and EA has the right to make money. that's it. They excersized that right.

Stick to the more important issue, TWO after over a year is a vastly inferior product to TW08 period. Thats not being misinformed, its fact. I'm not going to list all the reasons, we all know why althought some continue to insist it plays smoother on their laptops lol. Smoother? is that the measure ? And this constant upgrade request for more money than the $60 to play to get you more or faster skills, special clothing? mad hats? doesn't seem to bother "them", they have moved on.

Also, the great designers for TW08 have been relatively silent in their inability to design courses for TWO like the 900+ their did for TW08. I'm surprised, altho they cling to the hope they will be able to create their gems some day even tho the beauty of their work may not equal the TW08 design ever. In the meantime they continue to design for TW08.

It makes me smile when I see the biggest supporters of TWO playing TW08 on new servers at the same time they "want TWO to become the best product it can be."

Hill, stick to the main issue, the game play and they won't disrespectfully tear you apart for your "misinformed opinion.... I think. 

Topic Locked

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 10:48:13 AM | IP Logged

Hill1945 said:
"Yes I did complain on chat box for the simple reason I did not understand forum and how it worked because I never posted before. Now for me if someone on shout box tells how great something is like TWO for instance and is misinforming members and I started asking if the reason EASO was shutting down its servers was due to TWO wanting members.
I have played over 50 rounds on TWO when I maid my comment and what I type was strictly the truth where on the hand TWO leaders were the ones spreading poison. Personally I did not like how you handled your TW08 membership. I believe if you tell the ones who gave their honest opinions that they are liars (misinformed)and telling what they experienced and wanted to share (poison). The other members have stated complaints that I have stated and you continue to not understand them and to get down to the bare truth who is really misinformed and spreading poison. I have joined sides with those who have complaints with TWO and I find them to be telling the truth through my own experiences. And all this attack on me was due to a question."

TW08 was never brought up in the chatbox,you were posting TWO cost $60 plus you had to buy equipment in the pro shop for real money before you could even play which is untrue and as to "liars" get your fact straight before you call anyone that,I am as pissed as you that EA is shutting down the 08 server,I have played every EA golf game since 1996 but I have not paid for TWO because it does not have the features that 08 has,its less than half a game at this point and does not have support for any of the 08 tour sites to run their tours on it. 

Topic Locked

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 10:55:55 AM | IP Logged

phnert44 said:
"Hill, your missing something. "They" get upset when you criticize EA for shutting down TW08 and leaving all us faithful users down and out. You can't win that argument and you will always be dismissed as uninformed. It was a financial decision and EA has the right to make money. that's it. They excersized that right.

Stick to the more important issue, TWO after over a year is a vastly inferior product to TW08 period. Thats not being misinformed, its fact. I'm not going to list all the reasons, we all know why althought some continue to insist it plays smoother on their laptops lol. Smoother? is that the measure ? And this constant upgrade request for more money than the $60 to play to get you more or faster skills, special clothing? mad hats? doesn't seem to bother "them", they have moved on.

Also, the great designers for TW08 have been relatively silent in their inability to design courses for TWO like the 900+ their did for TW08. I'm surprised, altho they cling to the hope they will be able to create their gems some day even tho the beauty of their work may not equal the TW08 design ever. In the meantime they continue to design for TW08.

It makes me smile when I see the biggest supporters of TWO playing TW08 on new servers at the same time they "want TWO to become the best product it can be."

Hill, stick to the main issue, the game play and they won't disrespectfully tear you apart for your "misinformed opinion.... I think."

who is "they",I dont know anyone that wants the 08 servers shut down,some members of this community have gone out of their way and have contacted everyone they know at EA to try and keep the server running but it looks like EA will shut the server down anyway. 

Topic Locked

phnert44
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 1:29:32 PM | IP Logged

C, read what I said. I didn't say anyone wanted the servers to go down, of course not, what I said was they don't like anyone criticizing EA for having the right to choose to shut them down. Read it carefully, two different things. 

Topic Locked

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 2:16:54 PM | IP Logged

I ask again,who is "they" 

Topic Locked

jhdabrick
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/24/1976 (48)

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 2:45:44 PM | IP Logged

I think I know who One of they is, for I have butted heads with him on more than one occasion. I will not call this person out though for fear of being the target of his critisism again. If we are talking about the same person, then everything we say is wrong, and everything he says is the gospel truth. I for one do want to see EA get it right, but they are a long way from there right now. I think we all wanted EA to give us something new, but I also think that most of us long time players feel that EA has gone in the wrong direction. I have seen alot of people who just don't like the game being server based. I know that is the biggest problem that I have with the game. The one question that I have, that no one has answered, is what do I do if I want to play OFFLINE. I do play TW08 online some, but I don't like to. I don't have a lot of time to play the game while working two jobs, but it is relaxing to sit down and play a round offline when I have a little spare time. For me, $60 is a bit much for something that can only be played online, at least I think so, and I bet that I'm not alone with the concern for the lack of offline play. 

Topic Locked

phnert44
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 6:40:16 PM | IP Logged

Thanks J, well said. "They" know who they are and we know. I thought it was decided to not personalize the posts here so I didn't. I don't want to aim it at anyone persons direction but a "group" of blind supporters who come on here and have this overwhelming support and faith for TW0 to be the great golf game of EA's future. And also be responsible for EA's TWO success. Hope that answers your question C with all due respect. 

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 6:42:48 PM | IP Logged

jhdabrick said:
"I think I know who One of they is, for I have butted heads with him on more than one occasion. I will not call this person out though for fear of being the target of his critisism again. If we are talking about the same person, then everything we say is wrong, and everything he says is the gospel truth."

Absolute freaking BS. I have never criticized you or ANYONE in this or any other forum as you suggest. I am entitled to MY opinion as YOU are YOURS. When you or someone else makes a statement or a claim about TW Golf that I know for a fact is untrue, I will call you or anyone else out on such misinformation. If you don't like that, don't post misinformation about TW or TWO and not expect some sort of response. We aren't talking about "opinions", we are talking about people who make statements with the intent of those statements representing "facts". I have stated NUMEROUS times that I respect other's opinions even if I don't agree with them, which makes your last statement even more ridiculous. 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 6:52:31 PM | IP Logged

phnert44 said:
"Thanks J, well said. "They" know who they are and we know. I thought it was decided to not personalize the posts here so I didn't. I don't want to aim it at anyone persons direction but a "group" of blind supporters who come on here and have this overwhelming support and faith for TW0 to be the great golf game of EA's future. And also be responsible for EA's TWO success. Hope that answers your question C with all due respect."

If my presence here is so offensive to you and a handful of others, consider this my last post and I will leave this site immediately. "Blind supporters"? Fine. I am out of here. 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Topic Locked

TigerShark!
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/12/1966 (58)

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 7:12:00 PM | IP Logged

No offense, but we've heard that before (April 25th at 12:38:41PM):

DivotMaker said:
"
sandsaver01 said:
"Right on, Chuck. And why are EA selling a now not-fully-functional TW08 game from their website, anyway. Have you looked at the info provided at the point of sale to see if they tell purchasers that EASO is not running anymore? Any comments, Tim?"

Nope. I'm done here too Axe and Boze. Tired of the 'lynch mob" mentality that has infected this forum."

TigerShark! Signature

Sometimes youre the pigeon. Sometimes youre the statue.

Topic Locked

phnert44
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 9:13:02 PM | IP Logged

Divot, my comments were not refering to any one person. You provide an important service and informative. This is frustrating for us all. I hope you continue on the forum. 

Topic Locked

jhdabrick
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/24/1976 (48)

Posted: Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 11:02:05 PM | IP Logged

Divot, I'm not trying to run anybody off. I was just trying to have a little fun with that part of my last post, and I guess it backfired. I sorry if it hurt you in any way. I do wish you had commented on my concerns instead of on my barb. I can only recall one instance in which I post untrue info, and that was an honest mistake. I knew the TW series started in 1999, I guess I just had a brain fart when I posted 1997. Everything else I have posted about TWO has been my OPINION of what I consider to be an incomplete product at this time. I have also said that it has great potential, but I am also sceptical that it will ever reach it's full potential due to ea's track record. I truly hope that it does, but I'm going to take a wait and see approach. TWO is not dead and buried in my book, but it's not flourishing at this point either. I did not want to call you out as I thought it was not needed, but you called yourself out by responding that way. I was just hoping for some feedback on my concern, which I have yet to get from anybody, so I guess I have my answer on that concern. 

Topic Locked

slippery1
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/19/1959 (64)

Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 at 1:09:54 AM | IP Logged

Originally, my concern over TWO is that it is a server based game, which I totally do not like. As stated by others here, I too occasionally enjoy playing a few rounds off line. I understand that the future of EA and most of their games is going to be server based and there is no changing EA's mind on this. So be it, I can accept that. My real issue is that although I wouldn't have a problem paying the 60 bucks for TWO, it had better damn well be an improvement over what I am currently playing (08), and TWO definently does not fit that criteria in my opinion. I have a real problem with EA or anyone for that matter, putting out a product that doesn't measure up and telling me that there is room for improvement. Improve it first, then release it!!!  

Topic Locked

suthrnbelle0
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/22/1944 (80)

Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 at 3:31:20 PM | IP Logged

agree 100%  

Topic Locked

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 at 7:33:08 PM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Friday, May 7, 2010 at 7:33:00 PM

I agree, too. I am not willing to pay that kind of money for an inferior product and right now it is..
But many of us are trying our best to make TWO hear us and improve and add the best things from 08 into TWO..

I also am mad as hell they are shutting down the servers so quickly. Its BS..

But I as others do want TWO to succeed and be the best game out their..
Sure I wish EA would have done better with the disc and came out with new and improved ones every year, but they didnt and now they are going in this direction. So, I choose to help as much as I can..
But be sure, I am in no way even close to liking what I have seen so far and they have a long ways to go and they dont have a long time to get there. I hope I can continue designing for the 08 game as it is the best yet and I really do miss the set up, the swing difficulties, the graphics, physics, cameras etc. All things TWO needs to incorporate into the game..

No since fighting though. Some will help, some will not some want it to succeed, some dont, but in this early stage, we do at least have a chance to voice our suggestions and help it go in the right direction..

Also, I love this site, it has been the best for me for many years and I hope it can continue..

Topic Locked

Page of 5
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
rgaps,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - tw2010 - Page 4 Loaded in 0.360 seconds
Monday, May 13, 2024 @ 12:35:31 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.