No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 7:02:12 PM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"
shorty2127 said:
"
JoSummer,

Here are the steps I am taking (Program is in TW2007 Bin folder).

1. Open helper
2. Add TW08 course (assume all I do is click the + tab - is anything supposed to happen here??
3. Recreate Golfer
4. Click the Career Editor tab - this is where nothing happens - is the click suppose to take me somewhere or am I suppose to have the 06 Career Editor opened as well.

Thanks.
"

1. Do you see courses in the listbox when you open the helper? Yes

2. This button adds the TW08 course guids to TW07 registry entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07\Courses - EA Sports folder is not showing up in this folder.

3. You have to create a Pro Player named Default. The helper gets the PGAUser.gcf file from that player => create it right after you saved your custom season - at what point, can I just click the Add Default GCF

4. That button should open the TW2007 career editor that is located in your tw07 bin folder, including the dlls

I guess you copied the bin folder into the games bin folder => ...\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07\bin\bin - thats not gonna work - the file is in the correct folder.

@Bangus
The only file needed is the PGAUser.gcf that is copied by the helper into your documents folder\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS\. Every newly created TW08 pro player will use that career file.

@Gunpower
You are welcome m8"

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 7:21:35 PM | IP Logged

I have this working - don't ask, stupid on my part.

May have some questions, once I start creating a season. 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 at 5:45:53 PM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Monday, January 27, 2014 at 5:50:00 PM

Finally got my TW 07 game in the mail...

I used JoSummers 07 CEditor and created a new PGAUser.gcf career file using only TW 08 courses. When I deleted the 07 player named Default that I had created, the new PGAUser.gcf file magically appeared in my TW 08 folder. So far so good.

I then created a new player in TW 08 and assigned the custom career file to him. I went into the PGA Tour option, and sure enough I could see in the calendar that the list of events matched the career file I created using the 07 CEditor. Great, it worked!

But... when I clicked on a tourney to start my PGA Tour career, an error message popped up saying Could Not Initiate Course. I cannot play any of the tourneys because of this error.

Do I need to manually install all the 08 courses in the 07 game before creating a career file? Is that the issue here? Anyone know? My 08 game and courses work fine otherwise BTW, I have no problem playing them in Practice mode etc.

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 9:10:10 AM | IP Logged

Did you add the TW08 course guids by clicking on "+ Courses TW08" button? It's required that you temporary add the 08 course guids to TW2007 registry key=>courses. You can check if the guids were added via regedit. Just open the key ...

64bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07\Courses
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07\Courses

Click on "+ Courses TW08", switch back to regedit, hit F5 and the TW08 course guids should appear. There's no need to install the courses, the guids just do the job. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 9:44:55 AM | IP Logged

"Click on "+ Courses TW08", switch back to regedit, hit F5 and the TW08 course guids should appear. There's no need to install the courses, the guids just do the job."

Thanks Jo, I did click on it as per the read me instructions but will try that again. And thanks again for posting the link; fantastic tool... now if I just get it to work! 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 9:01:57 AM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 12:25:00 PM

JoSummer, I got it working, it was an issue with my test file tourney setup. Thanks for your help and thanks again for posting this fantastic tool.

Playing all these tourneys over X number of years requires money, and I do not like running out of available cash. For anyone playing multi-year career mode, I know a trick to increase your cash. You will no longer have to play skins games etc. to earn money for travel costs and entrance fees, and you can then just concentrate on playing career mode tourneys. PM me and I will share.

EDIT: After testing, I see the career file I created with the 07 CEditor has the same problem as the career file I created with the TW 06 editor. The problem is during Match events, you and the CPU opponent always remain All Square in scoring, regardless of who wins the hole. So Match events never end, they go on forever. 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 at 12:01:28 PM | IP Logged

Hi Bangus

Just played round 1 of "March 1 - Match Championship" that is part of the default career file, also added/played a standard match-play round and on both rounds the scoring was right. In case of the "March 1 - Match Championship" I moved to the next round after defeating Tiger Woods. Don't know what could cause the scoring issue you've mentioned. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 at 2:17:21 PM | IP Logged

Good to know JoSummer, thanks. Very odd issue I have then, I have it every time I create a career file with either editor. I have no idea why. 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 10:20:28 PM | IP Logged

Has it ever been confirmed that you can change courses from year to year ( ie rotate the location for Majors) with the season utility.

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 5:01:42 AM | IP Logged

Hi shorty, once the career file is edited in any way, you are required to create a new golfer in order to use the new file. So the answer to your question has to be no. But you can easily test that yourself, it would only take a minute to sim through a season and then try and edit the file. 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 5:48:41 AM | IP Logged

I will try but at what point should you proceed to the new year with the changed file. Assume it would be Just before you end your current year.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 at 6:18:06 AM | IP Logged

Big thanks for the great tool you created JoSummer, i tried it and it works great.
Just reposting this for new members.
You only need TW08 game installed (TW06 or TW07 are not required )
You can download the tool on link below, readme file file is included in the download:
Download:
http://golf-4fun.org/downloads/CEditor-Helper08_v04.zip  

gianfranco77
General Member
No User Image
Argentina

Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 1:39:51 PM | IP Logged

can you help me? i couldnĀ“t make it work, when i run it as administrator the whole window freezes :( 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 3:38:47 PM | IP Logged

Hello, i have send you a mail with help, i have send it to your personal mail address. 

jabbs0817
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 8/17/1969 (54)

Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 9:54:52 PM | IP Logged

2 questions maybe someone can answer this for me, when you delete you player at the end of each tournament,can you put back same name you had before? 2. can you have mulligans in career mode, because sometimse my swing meter isnt smooth, it jumps, tyvm 

wmpurple
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Monday, January 1, 2024 at 1:06:27 PM | IP Logged

Dear XenonSurf,

I cannot thank you enough for sharing these perfect manual with us.
I followed everything carefully and came up with a 100% success.
I am so happy, that I can now play my own careeer with all your beautiful created courses
and all those legends of the past in TIGER WOODS 2008.
What an unbelivable achievement! Best game ever, miles ahead of any actual PGA Tour internet based garbage.

Again, thank you so much fpr making this possible. It will give me endless gaming joy.

Kind regards from Germany
Wolfie 

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
nort2,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - [SOLVED] TW08 - How to create a career - Page 3 Loaded in 0.234 seconds
Monday, May 20, 2024 @ 11:25:14 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.