Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, February 6, 2012 at 1:39:58 PM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Monday, February 6, 2012 at 1:42:00 PM

As the saying goes Gunpower, even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut. Same thing with me coming up with a decent idea, lol.

Anyway, playing single seasons certainly seems to work well now. This fix that Xenon discovered is definitely a great addition to TW 08. I just wonder if it might be worthwhile to clean up his instructions a bit. They were a bit confusing even for me, and I basically know this game inside and out from an editing perspective. Some of the instuctions he provided actually arent even necessary to do in order to get things to work. The less confusion the better for anyone trying to create their own custom season.  

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, March 23, 2012 at 7:57:39 AM | IP Logged

huskereurocat said:
"What is the benefit of using TW08 vs just staying with TW07?"
Not much, other than the slight upgrade in graphics with TW 08. Cannot play custom careers with TW 08 either, only single custom seasons, something else to consider. 

jman168822
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 12:20:05 AM | IP Logged

Sorry if I missed this on another/earlier post, but has there been any progress made on whether you can play a multi-year custom career instead of just single seasons on TW08? 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, April 1, 2013 at 11:00:34 AM | IP Logged

Just wanted to update this thread for anyone who might possibly be interested.

I discovered it's not necessary to have all three TW games (06-08) installed on your PC in order to play a custom season with TW 08. You do need all three games installed if you wish to create your own golfer and custom season, yes.

However, you only need TW 08 installed to play a custom season file someone else has created and uploaded for public use. Likewise you would need to use a custom golfer someone has created and uploaded as well. The reason for this is that created golfer files are associated with specific custom season files. Example: I could in theory create a 1960 PGA Tour custom season file along with an associated Arnold Palmer golfer file. Once I upload the files, they can be downloaded and used by anyone who has TW 08 installed. As long as they have the required TW 08 courses installed that I used in my custom season file, they would be able to play that custom season as Arnold Palmer.

Opens up some interesting modding and file-sharing possibilities for people like myself who enjoy playing single seasons.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 9:38:09 AM | IP Logged

Hiya bangus...

Big thanks for the updates. 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 at 7:06:54 AM | IP Logged

Happy New Year Gunpower, thanks for posting my Custom Season #1 file. It is a short season I know. I slapped it together to try and maybe generate some interest in custom season creating. Creating a custom season for TW 08 requires TW 06 and TW 07. But as long as you include created golfers with the custom season file, the only game needed to install and play the custom season is TW 08.

I am now working on a World Tour season file with 30+ events using both TW 08 courses and a number of user-created courses available here at Course Downloads. I also plan to have many more created golfers available for use, including PGA Tour pros, Euro Tour pros, and many of the oldtimers like Jack and Arnie.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 at 7:23:03 AM | IP Logged

Happy New Year Bangus
Thanks for uploading the file, great work.
The file ( BAngus TW08 Custom Season #1 ) is available in section: Utilities...Utilities and files for TW08....Miscellaneous 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 8:54:59 PM | IP Logged

BAngus - any update on your World Tour file. Would love to how it runs when it is completed.  

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 7:53:26 PM | IP Logged

wopstick87 said:
"I got my custom career working for the 2008 season after following the instructions. But when I go to the 2009 season there are no tournaments in the calendar. has anyone else had this problem. thanks"

@Bangus

Hey,

you may want to try the CEditor Helper.

- you still need TW2007 to create a custom PGA Pro career
- career doesn't crash the game on year change

http://golf-4fun.org/downloads/CEditor_Helper.zip

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 7:03:48 AM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 7:06:00 AM

Hi Shorty, sorry I missed your post. I have been experimenting with creating golfers as I want to include an All Time Legends CPU Opponents file. I am creating each legend so that you when you play a match tourney, your CPU opponent looks more or less like his real life counterpart. The thing is though there is a glitch in the 08 game when using it to create custom seasons. If you play a match tourney, your score against the CPU opponent always stays at All Square regardless of who wins the hole. So I have been trying to resolve that as well. AND I have been having back issues and am now scheduled for surgery in 3 weeks, so that has slowed me down some to say the least.

JoSummer, thank you for posting that link, that would be great news if true. I will check it out.  

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 5:01:55 PM | IP Logged

attached a zip file with 12 tournaments, all custom courses - 9 hole stroke play. Just extract the PGAUser.gcf file to

...\Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS\

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 3.4 KB

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 9:25:03 PM | IP Logged

JoSummer - couple questions on the 07 Editor

1. When I am in the program and click Career Editor nothing happens (after following your instructions)
2. Does this program work over the 06 Editor
3. Think this was answered but once you create your career you can not change courses going into a new year... Correct???

Thanks for the file

Bangus - thanks... Will await your work  

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 5:12:50 AM | IP Logged

1. Have you copied the bin folder to your TW2007 game folder ...\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07 ? Can you start the career editor without the helper?

2. Yes, it does use a modified version of the 06 career editor. It's only a quick solution I created, because one member over at G4F-Tour pointed me to that thread, asked if it is possible to fix that empty following year in custom careers. The helper is only there to make the process a bit easier for non-computer guys. BTW, I wanted to leave this solution private, because editing game files is kind of illegal.

However, EA stopped supporting us PC-Golfer, left us without any updated tools - so who cares. I think TruBlu stated it once in a thread, that it is up to us, the community, to keep this game alive, because EA abandoned this great game series years ago.

3. Yes, that's right. To change the courses should be possible, but it will probably mess up a lot of things. When I have more time again I will dig deeper into the career game functions to see how things are stored in that gcf files. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 5:33:16 AM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 5:57:00 AM

JoSummer, thank you very much for posting all that. That is quite a remarkable program and I appreciate that you shared it with us. As for legality issues, the editor was created by EA for TW 06, and tweaking it to work with the 07 game could hardly be placed in the same catagory as game hacking or what have you. It really is no different than updating the PGA Tour folder with user-created CPU opponenents, or creating custom equipment, scorecards and the like. Thanks again. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 11:54:35 AM | IP Logged

Big thanks for posting this great program Jo, didn t try it yet but will do soon. 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 1:51:55 PM | IP Logged

bangus said:
"... As for legality issues, the editor was created by EA for TW 06, and tweaking it to work with the 07 game could hardly be placed in the same catagory as game hacking or what have you. It really is no different than updating the PGA Tour folder with user-created CPU opponenents, or creating custom equipment, scorecards and the like. Thanks again."

but legally - that is a decision on EA's part to agree with or not, and to pursue or not,
not the user's :)

JoSummer said:
"...
However, EA stopped supporting us PC-Golfer, left us without any updated tools - so who cares. I think TruBlu stated it once in a thread, that it is up to us, the community, to keep this game alive, because EA abandoned this great game series years ago."

that said - generally agree with Jo (and TBM)re his comments as the TW user community has time and again shown that it can offer mods and enhancements that EA stopped providing long ago

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 2:51:18 PM | IP Logged

JoSummer,

Here are the steps I am taking (Program is in TW2007 Bin folder).

1. Open helper
2. Add TW08 course (assume all I do is click the "+" tab - is anything supposed to happen here??
3. Recreate Golfer
4. Click the Career Editor tab - this is where nothing happens - is the click suppose to take me somewhere or am I suppose to have the 06 Career Editor opened as well.

Thanks. 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 3:09:37 PM | IP Logged

edited by: bangus on Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 3:16:00 PM

shorty, the steps you are listing do not seem to be in the correct order. The editor is used to edit the pga.user file (;add/remove courses, tournaments etc.). Once done, you are then required to create a golfer in TW 07. After that, both the newly edited pga.user and TW 07 golfer files need to be transferred to the TW 08 game. What I am saying here is that your step 4 seems out of place. If you at the stage of creating your new golfer, then you should have already been finished editing with the CE program.

These are the steps when using the regular 06 CE program and I assume this CE program works the same way. 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 3:37:41 PM | IP Logged

I am going by the steps in JoSummer's Helper file to create a career set-up in TW07. 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 3:39:07 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 3:59:00 PM

shorty2127 said:
"
JoSummer,

Here are the steps I am taking (;Program is in TW2007 Bin folder).

1. Open helper
2. Add TW08 course (;assume all I do is click the + tab - is anything supposed to happen here??
3. Recreate Golfer
4. Click the Career Editor tab - this is where nothing happens - is the click suppose to take me somewhere or am I suppose to have the 06 Career Editor opened as well.

Thanks.
"

1. Do you see courses in the listbox when you open the helper?

2. This button adds the TW08 course guids to TW07 registry entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07\Courses

3. You have to create a Pro Player named Default. The helper gets the PGAUser.gcf file from that player => create it right after you saved your custom season

4. That button should open the TW2007 career editor that is located in your tw07 bin folder, including the dlls

I guess you copied the bin folder into the games bin folder => ...\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07\bin\bin - thats not gonna work.

@Bangus
The only file needed is the PGAUser.gcf that is copied by the helper into your documents folder\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS\. Every newly created TW08 pro player will use that career file.

@Gunpower
You are welcome m8 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
SPIRAL,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - [SOLVED] TW08 - How to create a career - Page 2 Loaded in 0.328 seconds
Monday, April 29, 2024 @ 11:20:54 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.