General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/28/1947 (77)

Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 at 9:10:56 AM | IP Logged

edited by: sandsaver01 on Monday, April 26, 2010 at 9:11:00 AM

Sandsaver said:

Quote:
"Right on, Chuck. And why are EA selling a now not-fully-functional TW08 game from their website, anyway. Have you looked at the info provided at the point of sale to see if they tell purchasers that EASO is not running anymore? Any comments, Tim?"

I actually did look at the EA site and they DO indicate that online features and services will not be available after May 11, so I withdraw the above comment. 

sandsaver01 Signature

Mike
CD tour Co-manager

mikeyb48
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 8:30:32 AM | IP Logged

edited by: mikeyb48 on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 8:31:00 AM

Hi,

Well I certainly wont be buying into TWO in its current form, the $60 price equates to too much cash in the UK and as the game stands its too much of an arcade style for me graphically anyway.

I would rather stump up $60 a year to play TW08 on the CDT Tour.

For online golf with my dad I will probably go back to playing Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear Challenge 6 and it dates from 2000, at least it is still available to play online and its over 10 years old !!

Unfortunately EA seem to think that PC users (; golfers ) are spotty faced teens with plenty of their parents money to burn, however I would expect any of them wanting to play a golf sim to be in the minority by a long way. Of all the younger gamers out there that I know using PS3s and Xboxs I dont think any of them play golf on them. You just need to browse the shelves of any of the mahor game outlets to see rows and rows of First Person Shooters and driving games, I dont see many options for golfers why?, because the demand, by the run of the mill gaming community (; youngsters ;;-) ) just isnt there for sports sims and golf in particular,

EA are obviously try ing to rectify this for PC users, but as TWO stands right now it falls miserably short compared to JN GBC from 10 years ago and TW08 as it is right now.

I am saddened by the demise of TW08 and would defintiely have bought a new PC version IF it was an improvement on TW08, but TWO for me (; and I know I can count my dad here too ) fails in that respect.

I/WE have played over the years:

JACK NICKLAUS GREATEST 18 (; ATARI ST )
PGA TOUR GOLF(; SEGA MEGADRIVE )
JACK NICKLAUS GOLDEN BEAR CHALLENGE 6 (; PC )
LINKS 2000 (; PC )
LINKS 2003 (; PC )
TW08 (; PC )
TWO (; PC )

Of that list the 2 games we keep going back to are JN GBC 6 and TW08.

Mike. 

jhdabrick
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/24/1976 (48)

Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 11:57:13 AM | IP Logged

I think right now my biggest problem is that EA has basiclly told the casual offline player to get lost. I play online from time to time, but I'm not a fan of online play. EA has basiclly said that I don't matter, that I can play their way, or no way. I guess I'll just continue to play TW08 or TW07 offline for my golf fix. I just want to be able to play leisurely game of golf offline if I want, and with TWO, I can't do that, can I? 

davy1960hill
General Member
No User Image
Australia

B-Day: 6/30/1960 (63)

Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 7:16:08 PM | IP Logged

edited by: davy1960hill on Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 7:18:00 PM

Ok this is the second day in a row that my post, which directly responded to the 2 posts above, has been removed.

I suspect this has been done by someone who has is VERY BIASED toward supporting TWOnline, and who happens to be a moderator here, among other places. This bias is not, and should not, be allowed to influence what is permitted to be posted in a disccusion such as this.
I am sorely dissapointed that it should come to this. I feel, as many long term TWPGATour players do, totally dissapointed in TWOnline and should be allowed to express my opinion in a polite way, and in a way that was helpful to other players who need to know what options are there to continue playing TW08 online. That is what I did, and I would like to know on what grounds my post was removed (;twice, wsithout even the courtesy of an explaination via PM). 

davy1960hill Signature

R0Bkh
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 9/26/1959 (64)

Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 at 1:12:22 AM | IP Logged

davy1960hill said:
"Ok this is the second day in a row that my post, which directly responded to the 2 posts above, has been removed.

I suspect this has been done by someone who has is VERY BIASED toward supporting TWOnline, and who happens to be a moderator here, among other places. This bias is not, and should not, be allowed to influence what is permitted to be posted in a disccusion such as this.
I am sorely dissapointed that it should come to this. I feel, as many long term TWPGATour players do, totally dissapointed in TWOnline and should be allowed to express my opinion in a polite way, and in a way that was helpful to other players who need to know what options are there to continue playing TW08 online. That is what I did, and I would like to know on what grounds my post was removed (twice, wsithout even the courtesy of an explaination via PM).

"

Ok heres your answer, the (1) post I removed from this thread was a duplicate of one in here http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?thepage=3&post=8251&bookmark=#0 theres absolutely no reason to be posting the same post in more than 1 thread. If the post was removed a second time then I would guess it would be another moderator for exactly the same reason. As for being biased you couldnt be further from the truth as I have not even logged on to TWO since the early betas and have no intention of doing so by personal choice. The moderators here reserve the right to remove forum posts when appropriate without the need for explainations as it is normally obvious why this happens. 

R0Bkh Signature

Thanks for visiting CourseDownloads.com

davy1960hill
General Member
No User Image
Australia

B-Day: 6/30/1960 (63)

Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 at 7:09:18 PM | IP Logged

edited by: davy1960hill on Friday, April 30, 2010 at 7:12:00 PM

Thanks Rob.

Actualy, although my post contained most of what I posted in the other thread it had some extra information in it, which was not in the other thread and which pertained to, and directly addressed the comments of the 2 people who had posted immediately before me in this thread.
It was a direct response to those people.

I did not think it was you who removed it - I thought it was Tim.

I appreciate your reasoning, but it was not a duplicate post. You were incorrect in assuming that, but that is understandable. Just as I was incorrect in assuming that it was Tim who removed my post. That was also understandable, as he has done so before elsewhere and IMO is heavily Biased toward TWO.

Thanks. 

davy1960hill Signature

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 3:38:40 AM | IP Logged

davy1960hill said:
"Just as I was incorrect in assuming that it was Tim who removed my post. That was also understandable, as he has done so before elsewhere and IMO is heavily Biased toward TWO.

Thanks."

At least you apologized for one incorrect accusation. As to being heavily biased towards TWO, that is your opinion which I frankly don't really care what you think of me Davy. I have tried countless times to reason with you regarding TWO and you simply refuse to accept anything but your biased opinion against it. Yes, you are entitled to your biased opinion as I am entitled to my opinion. The only "bias" I have of TWO over TW08 is that TWO is ALIVE and is improving daily. The game is not where you want it yet as well as it is not where I want it either. You and others seem to miss that point in every response or accusation you make towards me. At the end of the day, I am tired of playing TW08. You aren't. TWO is not as fulfilling for me as I would like it to be, but I am there supporting the game and the community in trying to help us all get what we want out of the game. At least I am trying and I will continue to try to improve the game by offering the TWO community support and not sitting here taking pot shots at someone who is actually trying to make the game better. You don't see me making false accusations towards you or others do you?

Lastly, the only posts that get removed at the TWO forums are those that break the TOS with name-calling and/or profanity. I have yet to remove a single post from the TWO forums here and never will unless someone comes out and blatantly flames me. I am sorry that you think so little of me that you now accuse me of removing posts here and you criticize me for trying to improve a TW PC game that has a future. If this is how you feel, please feel free to never contact me again or respond to anything I post. I don't have the time nor the energy to deal with the unnecessary drama..... 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

TranzMembrif
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 7/9/1946 (77)

Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 9:27:54 AM | IP Logged

I just read through 3 dense pages of this thread, and not one mention of IMO the primary goodness of TWO - you don't need to be on Windows to play it! Windows was much more dominant when TW started, today Macs and Linux machines have come a long way. TWO is just like almost all of the web, platform-agnostic. Yay!

At some point they could offer subscribers a shipped DVD or even a large download (torrent anyone?) that would be playable OFFline and updateable through later downloads. That would go a ways to SATisfy!

That said ;) I've been on Windows now for 6 years and on TW just as long, and agree with most of the TWOnline criticisms compared to the disc game, at least the broad strokes, too lame and too expensive. $60 and then extra to really compete, bah! Gimme $40 for the full boat. Is there any GameFace? I've only found 4 almost identical guys. No Course Architect, bah! 

Koka
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 9:48:30 AM | IP Logged

Hi Tim Koka here. Our club at Eaglessportsclub.com has been playing Tiger Woods golf at the expert level for 7 years now. We have a dedicated group of people who are very good friends, and have discusses this issue for some time now. The one thing that concerns us is
can you get the same game experience in TW2010 as we have enjoyed over the past 7 years at the expert level. 90 percent of our club plays the true swing Horizontal method that allows you to shape the shot like real golf. T W 2010 does not offer this type of swing anymore. Will it be part of the game in the future?. Will we get the type of game experience we are used to. Just because the 2008 servers are shutting down does not mean you still can't play the game. We have been using Hamatchi for years setting up shootouts with 6 or 7 players at a time or playing other game types that were not offered on line. And we all know myleague.com can track stats for those who wish to use it to keep track of your cubs gaming. So for those who think 2008 is dead!! well I think not. I guess My main question is can T W 2010 match the superb 2008 expert level Gameing experience. 

Chequers
General Member
No User Image
New Zealand

B-Day: 12/24/1947 (76)

Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 3:22:43 AM | IP Logged

edited by: R0Bkh on Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 3:36:00 AM

Quote:
"The only bias I have of TWO over TW08 is that TWO is ALIVE and is improving daily. The game is not where you want it yet as well as it is not where I want it either. You and others seem to miss that point in every response or accusation you make towards me. At the end of the day, I am tired of playing TW08. You arent. TWO is not as fulfilling for me as I would like it to be, but I am there supporting the game and the community in trying to help us all get what we want out of the game. At least I am trying and I will continue to try to improve the game by offering the TWO community support and not sitting here taking pot shots at someone who is actually trying to make the game better......"

I admire your resolve Divotmaker and I have read many of your posts on the TWO forums defending the game. For me, TWO is barely alive as you put it. EA will have to introduce TBMP and and a lobby for casual pickup games before it will be alive for me. They will also have to remove the arcade element which allows players to score 30 under par for a round for goodness sake. (;Somehow I dont think that is going to happen) WHEN they do that they may entice me to get my wallet out. I do not like the fact that EA has released a game which is well short of the established benchmarks for online golf and have CHARGED FULL PRICE FOR IT!!! I accept that the developers will keep adding features and improving existing ones but I feel that the asking price for the the current release has been pitched too high. Ill keep watching progress and may jump on board if the game improves to the standard that I expect from it.........but Im not holding my breath. In the meantime Clambakers and PGAX are getting my support. It surprises me that CDT has not shown any will or resolve to develop a site similar to those organisations. 

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 3:53:51 PM | IP Logged

Koka said:
"Hi Tim Koka here. Our club at Eaglessportsclub.com has been playing Tiger Woods golf at the expert level for 7 years now. We have a dedicated group of people who are very good friends, and have discusses this issue for some time now. The one thing that concerns us is
can you get the same game experience in TW2010 as we have enjoyed over the past 7 years at the expert level. 90 percent of our club plays the true swing Horizontal method that allows you to shape the shot like real golf. T W 2010 does not offer this type of swing anymore. Will it be part of the game in the future?.

Will we get the type of game experience we are used to. Just because the 2008 servers are shutting down does not mean you still can't play the game. We have been using Hamatchi for years setting up shootouts with 6 or 7 players at a time or playing other game types that were not offered on line. And we all know myleague.com can track stats for those who wish to use it to keep track of your cubs gaming. So for those who think 2008 is dead!! well I think not. I guess My main question is can T W 2010 match the superb 2008 expert level Gameing experience."

Hi Koka,

I'll do my best since you asked so nicely. TS-H is not yet in the game. I do not know when it will, but we have a TS Pro Group that is having alot of fun playing simulation-like conditions with much more realistic scoring using TS-V.

TWO does not yet completely match TW08 Expert gameplay, but it is very close if you are playing with the more challenging game conditions. Anxious for the TB MP to be released along with other added features.

I hope this helps.

Tim 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

THARN
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/27/1968 (56)

Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 4:53:43 PM | IP Logged

Divot maker-
you can defend the browser based golf game all you want but to say that TW08 for PC failed as a golf sim is quite absurd.  

jmeier
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/1/1964 (59)

Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 9:57:17 AM | IP Logged

THARN said:
"Divot maker-
you can defend the browser based golf game all you want but to say that TW08 for PC failed as a golf sim is quite absurd."

It didn't fail as a golf sim, it failed as an overall product with a sharp decrease in sales from any previous version. 

jmeier Signature

Tour Manager and Design Manager of the CGX Tour, the best place online for PGA Style tournament play on custom courses. Often imitated, never duplicated.

jmeier
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/1/1964 (59)

Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 at 12:36:18 PM | IP Logged

I can see the view point of the EA Marketing strategy with this one. Since the TW08 game is such a very good sim, it woul not necessarily lend it self to the casual game player, hence, at least in my opinion one reason it declined in sales. What we currently have with TWO should have much better appeal for that market segment. I have no clue how well it is doing versus forecasts yet so hard to say how successful that really is.

So far we have a product that is not inticing to the sim players. unfortunately we are not a large enough market segment on our own to make our tastes the highest priority. I am going to have to say that we remain at least open minded to the fact that they did listen and will continue to evolve that segment of the game. Professionally speaking, I know the platform they are building on, and the engine has an extreme amount of potential to deliver that. Time will tell. I am not satisfied with the current state of the title, but then I hated TW2000 for example, but remained open, and still continued being a customer and it did improve. 

jmeier Signature

Tour Manager and Design Manager of the CGX Tour, the best place online for PGA Style tournament play on custom courses. Often imitated, never duplicated.

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 8:20:35 AM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Saturday, September 4, 2010 at 8:22:00 AM

Ill just say this.. After beta testing for almost a year now. TWO, is so far behind 08 that I find it unbelievable that EA Sports is actually the maker of TWO.. It is nothing compared to 08 or previous years and I am very very disappointed...

Unless they perform some miracle and I doubt they will, Its pretty much over for me.. I tried my best, screamed as loud as I could to make that game more of a sim game, but EA has gone the arcade kiddy crowd way..

I dont mind paying a one time fee for a subscription, but I refuse to keep on paying and paying.
You have to pay to get skills.. What a joke..

Not to mention the Bugs the game has. Some have been there since I started back in beta 2, almost a year ago..

So, if you like arcade, carnival games and paying over and over, then thats the game for you.. Not me!

If they ever make another disc for the PC, even if it was the same game engine and they threw in a few new features, updated game face and some other things, turned the servers back on, then I will be back..

Made some gr8 friends and acquaintances here and will stop in from time to time.. But, the excitement has gone..

Peace  

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/12/1948 (76)

Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 at 1:07:58 AM | IP Logged

Hey Axe old friend, how have you been? I sort of figured this game was headed in this direction when we saw no CA in 07 & 08. PM me and let's have a chat. 

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
Gunpower61, southside,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Is this what TWO is all about? - Page 3 Loaded in 0.438 seconds
Sunday, May 5, 2024 @ 3:31:29 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.