Author  Message

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 3:40:24 PM | IP Logged

edited by: DivotMaker on Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 3:41:00 PM

TigerShark! said:
"AMEN!!! Couldnt POSSIBLY have said it any better! You read my mind. As hard as it is to imagine, TWO is WAY worse than the whole TW2002 fiasco ever was and THAT was by far one of the worst games ever put out. This is little kiddie, gimmicky, arcade crap. Plain and simple."

You mean TW2002 that NEVER implemented an online tournament feature that was promised but NEVER delivered? The same game that was a Tech Support nightmare from Day One with user complaints that the game would not run or would run poorly? The same TW2002 that came out with 6 courses? Yeah, I see what you mean....ROLL EYES.... 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 3:51:23 PM | IP Logged

cms659 said:
"
You would think after 15 months they would have come up with something worth playing (or investing in). They didn't - instead - and yes I'll say it too - they got greedy - spent months developing what is not only the worst golf game they have released - but might be the worst product period they have ever released.

Released it in good enough shape? Not sure how that can be said about a product (and I have said this many times before) - that sets their own golf game released BACKWARDS at least 5-6 years if not more.

I not only agree with Bill that TWO in in it's current development will not survive- I am HOPING it fails miserably. They are attempting to make money off of an extremely INFERIOR product compared to other things they have done over the years."

You can criticize the game all you like. Doesn't bother me in the least. You can also speculate that it will fail all you like. TW08 has already failed as a game. If it wasn't a failure, EA would have put more resources into the game and you would have seen not only TW09, but TW10 and TW11 would be releasing soon. Ifg you ever wrap your head around the FACT that TW for PC failed miserably the final 3 versions, then you might understand why EA is taking a different approach. Lastly, their goal is for TWO to be FAR better than TW08 ever was no matter how you play PC Golf. None of us know if they will pull this off, but if they do, I will do my best not to say "I told you so"....TWO is a ways off from that goal, but at least TWO is alive, growing and improving weekly, something you haven't been able to say about TW08 PC since August 2007....... 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

SandieBunker
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 4:08:15 PM | IP Logged

I find it 'interesting' that Divotmaker/EAGolfTim is a moderator here...I always understood a moderator was to be neutral and not so overly biased.

Seems 'Tim' here is using this forum as a personal PR machine, and as such I haven't and won't won't be supporting the site for that reason.  

SandieBunker Signature

Youre still away...

slippery1
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/19/1959 (64)

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 4:10:08 PM | IP Logged

Divot, EA needs to hire you on as a sales rep, or have they already? Just funnin with ya. But I have to give you credit, when you believe in something, you really stick with it. As far as TWO, I'll wait and see. 

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 4:16:04 PM | IP Logged

SandieBunker said:
"I find it 'interesting' that Divotmaker/EAGolfTim is a moderator here...I always understood a moderator was to be neutral and not so overly biased.

Seems 'Tim' here is using this forum as a personal PR machine, and as such I haven't and won't won't be supporting the site for that reason."

I am a moderator. Since when does posting ones personal opinions become "overly biased". Using your analogy, I could say the very same thing about you.

I am not doing anything but posting my personal opinions on TWO. If you don't like them, don't respond. If you don't agree with me, that is fine, post a rational and objective response. You know, the opposite of your comments above......notice I can and do respond without making unnecessary personal comments. Try it sometime.... 

DivotMaker Signature

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 4:29:10 PM | IP Logged

slippery1 said:
"Divot, EA needs to hire you on as a sales rep, or have they already? Just funnin with ya. But I have to give you credit, when you believe in something, you really stick with it. As far as TWO, I'll wait and see."

No problem at all. I don't work for EA, but I am still one of the TW Forum moderators (volunteer with no compensation). I guess I have the advantage over most of you that I have been to EA Tiburon 3 times for Tiger Woods Community Day, the last visit was in February of this year. In Feb 2009, I first heard and saw what the strategy was for TWO. It was a bold strategy then, but the strategy is even bolder now as they are ramping up resources to speed development of this game due to the initial release numbers. When I spoke with the Dev Team ion Feb of this year, I could see and hear the passion they have for this game and I also heard the passion and commitment first hand from Peter Moore (President of EA Sports). I realize you guys have not had the opportunity I have had and been exposed to the vision and strategy that I have. If I come across the wrong way, I do apologize. However, I have alot of passion for TW PC Golf and if EA pulls off everything they have told me that will be in TWO, they will have done something pretty special. I understand many of you base TWO only on what you see today and that is FAIR. I urge you all to keep an open mind about the game as EA continues to develop and improve the game. It will take time for them to get everything they want and you want in the game, but I think it will be worth the wait if they do.... 

DivotMaker Signature

cms659
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/14/1959 (64)

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 6:13:15 PM | IP Logged

DivotMaker said:
"
slippery1 said:
"Divot, EA needs to hire you on as a sales rep, or have they already? Just funnin with ya. But I have to give you credit, when you believe in something, you really stick with it. As far as TWO, I'll wait and see."

No problem at all. I don't work for EA, but I am still one of the TW Forum moderators (volunteer with no compensation). I guess I have the advantage over most of you that I have been to EA Tiburon 3 times for Tiger Woods Community Day, the last visit was in February of this year. In Feb 2009, I first heard and saw what the strategy was for TWO. It was a bold strategy then, but the strategy is even bolder now as they are ramping up resources to speed development of this game due to the initial release numbers. When I spoke with the Dev Team ion Feb of this year, I could see and hear the passion they have for this game and I also heard the passion and commitment first hand from Peter Moore (President of EA Sports). I realize you guys have not had the opportunity I have had and been exposed to the vision and strategy that I have. If I come across the wrong way, I do apologize. However, I have alot of passion for TW PC Golf and if EA pulls off everything they have told me that will be in TWO, they will have done something pretty special. I understand many of you base TWO only on what you see today and that is FAIR. I urge you all to keep an open mind about the game as EA continues to develop and improve the game. It will take time for them to get everything they want and you want in the game, but I think it will be worth the wait if they do....

You can criticize the game all you like. Doesn't bother me in the least. You can also speculate that it will fail all you like. TW08 has already failed as a game. If it wasn't a failure, EA would have put more resources into the game and you would have seen not only TW09, but TW10 and TW11 would be releasing soon. Ifg you ever wrap your head around the FACT that TW for PC failed miserably the final 3 versions, then you might understand why EA is taking a different approach. Lastly, their goal is for TWO to be FAR better than TW08 ever was no matter how you play PC Golf. None of us know if they will pull this off, but if they do, I will do my best not to say "I told you so"....TWO is a ways off from that goal, but at least TWO is alive, growing and improving weekly, something you haven't been able to say about TW08 PC since August 2007......."

Nothing wrong with friendly discussions and/or disagreements on the subject. I am rather interested in your thinking about TW08 failing as a game. It failed so badly that just this website alone has had over 900 custom courses built for it and folks are still designing them. It is BY FAR the best one they put out for the PC and FAR SUPERIOR to TWO (maybe that will change with TWO in a few years - but I doubt it) - if EA's goal was/is to create a game better than 08 - 1) They have failed MISERABLY at doing that and 2) they should not have released it AT ALL until that was accomplished.

It's fine that they are making a "fast buck" right now on the release of TWO (again goes back to the "greed" statement and the fact that they are simply getting their money while they can). I believe (and yes HOPE) that it won't take folks who may have been persuaded to spend money on this thing now to realize how bad that game really is. I was actually pretty shocked that they released it in it's current LOW-QUALITY, BEHIND-THE-TIMES TECHNOLOGY state.

Keep an open mind you say? Hard to do when the product they put out after 15 months of Beta testing quite frankly is not a whole lot different than the first beta release (there are some differences but not many). We supposed to wait another 15 months for them to accomplish the next phase? 

cms659 Signature

Chuck
CDT Staff

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 6:28:05 PM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 6:29:00 PM

I could be wrong, but Im getting the impression, some of you dont want TWO to succeed. We know it needs work!
Have any of you been part of the beta process? If it does fail, as some of you suggest it will (;without a crystal ball) what is the alternative? I love 08 like the next guy, but face it, ITs OLD!!!!! Dont be so closed minded. We can still play 08, so, dont we really have the best of both worlds? A gr8 game (;08) we can play all day and design courses for, plus, a brand new TigerWoods being developed!!! What a gr8 future we could have with the game...:)
So sit back and play 08 and watch TWO and see what happens.. It doesnt cost you a thing..

Im not trying to disrespect anyone here, but why not try to be positive? 

TigerShark!
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/12/1966 (58)

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 6:28:43 PM | IP Logged

edited by: TigerShark! on Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 6:41:00 PM

DivotMaker said:
"
cms659 said:
"
You would think after 15 months they would have come up with something worth playing (;or investing in). They didnt - instead - and yes Ill say it too - they got greedy - spent months developing what is not only the worst golf game they have released - but might be the worst product period they have ever released.

Released it in good enough shape? Not sure how that can be said about a product (;and I have said this many times before) - that sets their own golf game released BACKWARDS at least 5-6 years if not more.

I not only agree with Bill that TWO in in its current development will not survive- I am HOPING it fails miserably. They are attempting to make money off of an extremely INFERIOR product compared to other things they have done over the years."

None of us know if they will pull this off"

Interesting, yet fitting, choice of words. It definitely appears as if theyre trying to pull something off by releasing a game thats missing many things and promising bigger and better things WILL BE COMING at a later date. (;Things that should have been addressed or added to actually make it a complete game PRE-RELEASE!) I equate this to a publisher of mystery books releasing their books with the last chapter missing yet promising at a later date somewhere down the road, theyll release the rest that tells everyone WHODUNNIT? How much sense does that make? None for the consumer but obviously DARN GOOD sense for the publisher who is getting people to buy it now unfinished, but that is of course, If they can pull it off[/QUOTE] 

TigerShark! Signature

Sometimes youre the pigeon. Sometimes youre the statue.

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 6:30:13 PM | IP Logged

cms659 said:
"
Nothing wrong with friendly discussions and/or disagreements on the subject. I am rather interested in your thinking about TW08 failing as a game. It failed so badly that just this website alone has had over 900 custom courses built for it and folks are still designing them. It is BY FAR the best one they put out for the PC and FAR SUPERIOR to TWO (maybe that will change with TWO in a few years - but I doubt it) - if EA's goal was/is to create a game better than 08 - 1) They have failed MISERABLY at doing that and 2) they should not have released it AT ALL until that was accomplished.

It's fine that they are making a "fast buck" right now on the release of TWO (again goes back to the "greed" statement and the fact that they are simply getting their money while they can). I believe (and yes HOPE) that it won't take folks who may have been persuaded to spend money on this thing now to realize how bad that game really is. I was actually pretty shocked that they released it in it's current LOW-QUALITY, BEHIND-THE-TIMES TECHNOLOGY state.

Keep an open mind you say? Hard to do when the product they put out after 15 months of Beta testing quite frankly is not a whole lot different than the first beta release (there are some differences but not many). We supposed to wait another 15 months for them to accomplish the next phase?"

Tell ya what cms...since you have such a LOW opinion of TWO, I will simply agree to disagree with you and leave it at that. I can't waste my time discussing the game when all you do is trash it. Fair enough?

Lastly, TW08 FAILED MISERABLY from a commercial standpoint. In other words, it lost money for EA. They sold roughly 100,000 or so copies which is pathetic. By contrast, TW2003/2004 sold 800-900,000 copies. It does not take a rocket scientist or a mathematician to figure out EA had to change the way they approached the TW for the PC. I am sorry you feel the need to crap all over TWO, but I won't be bothering to respond to any more of your posts if they are like the last two. Your last comment quoted above is perfect example. You obviously did not spend much time with TWO because your comments are flat out wrong. Good luck to you.

DivotMaker Signature

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 6:40:00 PM | IP Logged

TigerShark! said:
"
Interesting, yet fitting, choice of words. They're definitely "trying to pull something off" by releasing a game that's missing many things and promising bigger and better things WILL BE COMING at a later date. (Things that should have been addressed or added to actually make it a complete game PRE-RELEASE!) I equate this to a publisher of mystery books releasing their books with the last chapter missing yet promising at a later date somewhere down the road, they'll release the rest that tells everyone WHODUNNIT? How much sense does that make? None for the consumer but obviously DARN GOOD sense for the publisher who is getting people to buy it now unfinished, but that is of course, "If they can pull it off"
"

Things they stated well in advance of release that added features would be coming after release so they aren't "pulling anything off" as you sarcastically accuse them of. Your analogy is so flawed, it is not even worth discussing further. Good Day to you. 

DivotMaker Signature

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 6:45:55 PM | IP Logged

axe360 said:
"I could be wrong, but Im getting the impression, some of you dont want TWO to succeed. We know it needs work!
Have any of you been part of the beta process? If it does fail, as some of you suggest it will (without a crystal ball) what is the alternative? I love 08 like the next guy, but face it, ITs OLD!!!!! Dont be so closed minded. We can still play 08, so, dont we really have the best of both worlds? A gr8 game (08) we can play all day and design courses for, plus, a brand new TigerWoods being developed!!! What a gr8 future we could have with the game...:)
So sit back and play 08 and watch TWO and see what happens.. It doesnt cost you a thing..

Im not trying to disrespect anyone here, but why not try to be positive?"

Great post Larry. I truly cannot understand the sarcastic negativity and lack of objectivity being posted here. I think the underlying issue is that many here expected EA to do TW08 with a couple of new courses and ship it out with fewer features than 08 (remember the pattern since TW2005) and expect EA to take it in the shorts and lose even more money. It also seems that some don't care if a PC version makes money and attracts new users. Remember how everyone felt when EA announced there would be no TW09 for PC? I guess many have forgotten...Like you, I don't get it either..... 

DivotMaker Signature

phnert44
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 7:12:04 PM | IP Logged

You can say TW08 was a miserable failure but only in the money making sense, for EA. It suceeded in its end product being the best golf game graphically, playability wise, and having the most wonderful courses designed for it. There were graphic improvements made between TW07 and 08, and so it is a fitting ending to a wonderfully designed product enjoyed by many. It was an immense success but that measure.

All the cheerleading.... and I'm surprised by some of the "designer" support will not change the fact that the TWO falls short of the last TW08 product even after more than a year.

How will you judge its success? not by the comparison of playability and graphics, but by the membership? lol. How many members will they get paying $60? 1000? 5000? $300,000, does that pay for a few EA folks and maintenace? What is the break even point?

Is that how you optimistic people will judge the game while you play the arcade like product on the "new model" or is it the number of messenger facebook like tools? Or the one more new course per month to play? I look forward to the newly designed courses for TWO from these supportive designers. When will that come?

All of a sudden we judge games by number of copies sold? I don't want TWO to fail, I understand why EA pulled the plug, but I also know TWO is an inferior product that you can all wish for its success, and follow the next thing... og ofr it.

I will play TW08 and its 900 courses on a server with my online buddies, be part of a team ladder, and continue to enjoy the best online golf game ever on my 512mb graphics card and my 22" flat LCD monitor with my 3.0 GHZ processor.

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 7:44:59 PM | IP Logged

axe360 said:
"I could be wrong, but Im getting the impression, some of you dont want TWO to succeed. We know it needs work!
Have any of you been part of the beta process? If it does fail, as some of you suggest it will (without a crystal ball) what is the alternative? I love 08 like the next guy, but face it, ITs OLD!!!!! Dont be so closed minded. We can still play 08, so, dont we really have the best of both worlds? A gr8 game (08) we can play all day and design courses for, plus, a brand new TigerWoods being developed!!! What a gr8 future we could have with the game...:)

Well said Axe.. 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

cms659
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/14/1959 (64)

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 8:47:42 PM | IP Logged

axe360 said:

Well - you are right. I DO NOT want TWO to succeed. I want it to fall flat on it's face. The TWO game, even with a "lot of work" (work that should have been done BEFORE the game was released I might add) is totally at the other end of the spectrum when you even begin to compare it with TW08. In other words, if they were going to release a game - it should have been AT WORST equal to what we already have. It's not even close to that. Instead, there is a lot of what we can do with TW08 that you cannot do with TWO.

As far as TW08 being old, I disagree. The only thing that is old about it is the fact that it is called TW08 (so yes - an old name maybe). We did not need an alternative - especially one that is similar to what I could go down to the local "kiddie game room" and throw a quarter in and play.

Best of both worlds? Maybe for EA (but not for the user) - they get to make a quick buck off "The Disaster" (TWO) and they still have people buying the TW08 disc or downloading it from their site (interesting that you can still get the game from them), even though soon it will be unsupported (that is unless they have pulled the ability to purchase it online from their site in the last 10 minutes, the last time I checked to see it was there).

As far as being positive, EA has given us ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be positive about. 

cms659 Signature

Chuck
CDT Staff

sandsaver01
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/28/1947 (77)

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 9:13:25 PM | IP Logged

Right on, Chuck. And why are EA selling a now not-fully-functional TW08 game from their website, anyway. Have you looked at the info provided at the point of sale to see if they tell purchasers that EASO is not running anymore? Any comments, Tim? 

sandsaver01 Signature

Mike
CD tour Co-manager

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 9:17:23 PM | IP Logged

Dude, just be grateful that this site is still running and there's courses from many of great designers out there thanks to EA, to begin with. Your negative input does nothing but drive users away IMO. 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

ChadLegend
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/12/1963 (60)

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 9:31:04 PM | IP Logged

Online Service Updates

As background information, the games scheduled for shutdown in March and April 2010 represent less than 0.3% of all peak online players across all EA titles. Despite some people's perception, there is a lot of behind-the-scenes work involved with keeping these older games up and running. We would rather our hard-working engineering and IT staff focus on keeping a positive experience for the other 99.7% of customers playing our more popular games. These decisions to retire games is never easy. The EA development teams and operational staff pour their hearts into these games almost as much as the customers playing them and it is hard to see one retired. We hope you have gotten many hours of enjoyment out of the games and we appreciate your ongoing patronage.

If you have further questions about your account or the shut down of these services, please visit http://support.ea.com.

This was a direct quote from the EA site.. 

ChadLegend Signature

No one ever says Its only a game when their team is winning.

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 10:01:44 PM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 10:07:00 PM

Im done.. Well said Boze.:) 

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 11:38:41 PM | IP Logged

sandsaver01 said:
"Right on, Chuck. And why are EA selling a now not-fully-functional TW08 game from their website, anyway. Have you looked at the info provided at the point of sale to see if they tell purchasers that EASO is not running anymore? Any comments, Tim?"

Nope. I'm done here too Axe and Boze. Tired of the 'lynch mob" mentality that has infected this forum. 

DivotMaker Signature

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Holein1,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Is this what TWO is all about? - Page 2 Loaded in 0.422 seconds
Thursday, April 25, 2024 @ 4:36:43 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.