Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/12/1948 (76)

Posted: Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 4:42:08 PM | IP Logged

Neither the PGAEdit.gcf or the PGAUser.gcf appeared in my newly created players folder. Copying and pasting the two gcf files did not work. I just started all over again using the CE and finally got it to work. I had never played a custom created season in TW08, only in earlier versions. I found no place in season play where one can introduce other computer players into the custom season. I assume you have to go through the season playing as a one-some is that right? I also so nowhere to Save a partially completed round in the custom season. That just does not seem right to me. The Custom Season that I created was in accordance with the current 2017 Schedule. I would like to create the 2017 European Tour Schedule as well. My question is this.Can one create another schedule in the CE if one deletes the existing schedule and replaces it with a new one before the original season that now exists within the CE is played. I guess my question is, once you create a custom season within the CE and you save it, where is the folder of that saved season located? Is it possible to create an additional season(s)and back them up for future use? Again, thank you very much for all the help you have provided I really appreciate it. 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Friday, March 3, 2017 at 3:03:58 AM | IP Logged

Your Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS\ ...

just create a backup of PGAEdit.gcf, that's the custom season file editable by the CE. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Friday, March 3, 2017 at 4:18:37 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, March 3, 2017 at 4:22:00 PM

Yes Jurgie, i think you can only play alone on the PGA Tour, but after each hole you will see your position on the leaderboard.
You can see a lot of other players on the leaderboard, but you will never see them play.
When you stop playing there is automatic save, so the next time you will start from the point you stopped playing. 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 9:04:37 AM | IP Logged

Without me fooling up my current career, are you able to make tournaments only 2 rounds or do they all have to be 4.

Did I read somewhere that majors have to 4.

Thanks. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 3:00:22 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 3:01:00 PM

Hello Shorty, i don t remember i read somewhere the majors has to be four rounds, i think you can do 2 rounds, but i am not sure.
But i remember i read you can only have 4 major events in the tournament file, maybe that is what you read before:
You can only have four majors in the tournament file. 

brierley62
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 9:20:41 AM | IP Logged

cant get it to work for me using windows 7 pro when i press f1 sends me down the wrong path 

brierley62
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 9:22:41 AM | IP Logged

wont work for me using windows 7 pro 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 10:57:58 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 11:04:00 AM

Hiya brierely, not sure why it is not working, are you running the program as administrator ?
First of all, right click on CEditor-Helper08.exe and choose: Properties....compatibility....and on bottom check box: Run as administrator.....and hit: Apply

wopstick87
General Member
No User Image
Australia

Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 2:56:44 PM | IP Logged

Hello all,

I have successfully created a career file with a newly created player however the game crashes at the end of each round. It does however record the round and I can move on to the next one but if I end the tournament tied for a playoff then it crashes and no playoff, tournament stats or prize money is recorded. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm running windows 10 and playing TW08 in windows XP compatibility mode with admin rights.

Thank you  

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
rgaps,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Career editor for TW08 small tutorial - Page 3 Loaded in 0.391 seconds
Thursday, May 2, 2024 @ 2:24:18 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.