Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

chingahook
General Member
No User Image
Spain

Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 at 5:25:21 AM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"At least you should see the stock courses in the blue list view, because they are already part of the database file. You have to make sure to run the course installer TW Caddy with admin-rights, otherwise custom course installation will not work.

With the CE-Helper Courses => DB button you can add the installed custom courses to CE-Helper course database. After this step you should create a dummmy series file, add the custom courses and save, then click the Scan PGAEdit button. The custom courses should be available in the blue list view now."

Thanks a lot JoSummer, so as I can see, I need to reinstall over again all the custom courses with the TW Caddy with admin-rights. I mean, I remember I installed all the courses without this option so that´s the reason I actually believe it doesnt work. And then, before create a custome season, create the dummy file in order to attach the new courses to the database. 

jletter17
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 at 11:25:02 PM | IP Logged

What do I put in the boxes under Opponents and what do I choose under the #DEF option. And as far as three events per month, do I just add three to the schedule then change the month number at the bottom to go to the next month?? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 7:39:19 AM | IP Logged

I am not the creator of the tool ( JoSummer is the creator of the tool ), but i can try to help you.
You can leave the boxes empty under Opponents, and you don t have to choose something under the #DEF option.
See attached pic below.
In the pic it is my first event and i choose: Month 1
Then you have to choose how many rounds you want to play on the event.
On the bottom at right side of Rounds you will see: Add
Each time you click Add you will add a round, and there you can choose the course and conditions.
So in the pic i play 3 rounds in my first event: Test1
When you are ready on bottom click: OK

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 54.3 KB

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 7:43:38 AM | IP Logged

After you clicked ok, you will go to the next screen ( see attached pic ), and there you have to click: Add event

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 37.2 KB

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 7:48:58 AM | IP Logged

Now you can create your second event, see attached pic.
And there i choose Month 2 for the second event, i decided to play 3 rounds.
So for each new event i choose a new month ( unless you want to play 2 events in the same month ) 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 51.1 KB

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 8:02:58 AM | IP Logged

After you clicked ok, you will go to the next screen ( see attached pic ), and now you will see you added already 2 events.

Important Note: You can change an event you finished anytime.
when i dubble click on text Test1 ( see attached pic ), then i go back to the settings screen of event test1
Now you can change the settings and save it, you can even change the rounds and course when you want:
Dubble click on a round ( text ), and you go the settings screen of the course and conditions

Important note: Always finish your full calendar before you create a new player to play the PGA Tour.
Once you created a new player, then the custom tour will be imported to that player, and it can t be changed anymore.
So when you change your calendar with carrer editor, then you will have to create a new player again to see the edited calendar.

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 37.2 KB

jletter17
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 2:36:00 PM | IP Logged

What do I put in the Opponents boxes and what do I choose for #DEF in the dropdown menu?? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 2:45:52 PM | IP Logged

jletter17 said:
"What do I put in the Opponents boxes and what do I choose for #DEF in the dropdown menu??"

Nothing, you don t have to touch the opponents box and the #DEF box, so you can leave it as it is. 

jletter17
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 8:29:28 PM | IP Logged

Thank you friend!! 

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/12/1948 (76)

Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 4:23:56 PM | IP Logged

What is the Confidence Folder fix? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 4:55:24 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 4:56:00 PM

Hiya jurgie, this is the confidence folder fix:

When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open this folder.
( when you are using Vista or Win7 or win8: on desktop look for folder: User (or username).....inside you will find: Documents )
2) Inside look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn. delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size. Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties. Check the box next to Read Only and click OK.
Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file.  

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 6:22:49 PM | IP Logged

Thank you very much for that information. By the way, your tutorial on creating a Career Season,is it the same procedure in windows XP as in windows 7? I am running the 08 game on XP Pro and was wondering if there is any difference in the steps of creating a season between the two platforms? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 2:19:20 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 2:23:00 AM

Hiya Jurgie, it should be the same procedure on xp, but i think you dont have to run it as administrator.
So i think you can skip this step in the tutorial:
---------------------------------------------------
First of all, right click on CEditor-Helper08.exe and choose: Properties....compatibility....and on bottom check box: Run as administrator.....and hit: Apply

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 at 1:42:03 PM | IP Logged

OK, the CE Editor does not display a Run as Administrator check box under the compatibility tab in XP so you are probably right in not needing to do that using XP. Here however is the issue I am having after creating the season according to your tutorial. I saved the created season, exited the editor and created a new pro player within the game. After creating the pro player, I was never prompted to use the new player with the newly created season. When going into the PGA Tour area of the game where it displays the Tour Calendar, the calendar only shows a season that the game has generated using only the stock courses within the game. I exited the game and went into my Tiger Woods 08 Tour folder located in My Documents to confirm that the newly created player was indeed recognized by the game. The newly created player does appear properly in all the folders where it should appear. I spent a considerable amount of time creating this season and really do not want to go through the hassle of recreating a new one. My question is, can I delete the newly created player and create another one without having to abort the created season in my CE? I am not even sure that that would solve the problem. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 at 2:22:55 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, February 27, 2017 at 2:25:00 PM

Hiya Jurgie, after you saved your career, don t forget to do the last step:

4. Click on the Create PGA button in the CEditor-Helper08 window
Now your custom Tour is created.

About your question:

Yes you can delete the newly created player and create another pro player, without having to abort the created season in in your CE.

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 12:23:15 AM | IP Logged

Thanks again for your help. Well I have followed all the steps in this tutorial to the letter and everything seems in order until I get into the actual game and create a new player for my custom season. At the end of creating the new player, I do not get the message that "a user tournament file is created and prompting me if I want to use this file?" After creating the player and telling it OK there is no prompt to do anything. When going into the PGA Tour venue the calendar only reflects a 2008 Season using only the stock courses that came with 08. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 12:18:49 PM | IP Logged

Hiya Jurgie,

After you did step4:

4. Click on the Create PGA button in the CEditor-Helper08 window
Now your custom Tour is created.

Then you should find a PGAUser.gcf file ( that is your created tour in TW08 )
You should find that file here:
C:\Users\user\My Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\GCFS

So in that GCF folder you should see a file named: PGAUser.gcf ( that is your created tour in TW08 )

When don t see that file: PGAUser.gcf

After you did this step, did they ask: Copy files to game folder ?

2. Press F1 on your keyboard to copy the Career Editor files to your game folder. (you only have to do it once !!!)
( you will be asked: copy files to game folder ?...say: yes )

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 2:17:25 PM | IP Logged

edited by: jurgie on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 4:17:00 PM added information

All the steps in the CE you laid out in your tutorial were done Checking the GCFS folder in My Documents it has a total of 8 files. Amateur,EASports, FEDEx, Hack, PGA, PGAEdit, PGAUser,& TC. I might also mention that all installed courses for use in my season correctly appear in the right blue window of the CE. My problem is that after creating the new player newly created season, I am NOT getting the message "A user created tournament is created, do you want to use this file?" I am assuming that you should see this message immediately after creating the new player within the game? After creating the player and telling it OK there is no message about a newly created tournament file. Just to be sure that you understand. In step 5 of your tutorial when you go into the game and create a new player and when finished, the following message should appear in the message box."A user created tournament file is created, do you want to use this file? Say Yes". This message should appear right after player creation completion is that right? BTW, in all this confusion I seem to have lost my Commentary Audio. I hd this problem once before and you told me how to fix this within the game and it worked. Just can''t remember how. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 4:11:26 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 4:14:00 PM

Yes you should receive the message about the new created playerfile, immediatly after you created your player.
After that you should also find it in your GCFs folder inside your created playersname folder:

C:\Users\User\My Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\Players\Playersname\gcfs

When it is not inside the GCFS folder from your created playersname folder then you can try this:

Go to: C:\Users\User\My Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\gcfs

Now copy both files:
PGAEdit.gcf
PGAUser.gcf

And paste both files in your GCFS folder of your created playersname folder:

C:\Users\User\My Documents\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Career\Players\Playersname\gcfs

Not sure it will work though.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 4:29:46 PM | IP Logged

Note:
when you try to paste the files, do it immediatly after you created your new player.
When you already started the tour before you paste the files, then it won t work. 

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Mav01,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Career editor for TW08 small tutorial - Page 2 Loaded in 0.314 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 7:43:30 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.