Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Homeboy
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/3/1968 (55)

Posted: Monday, June 23, 2008 at 9:56:35 AM | IP Logged

It might be a little more intuitive if the tutorials were filed under the Tutorials tab instead of Utilities. 

jimi
General Member
No User Image
Netherlands

Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 at 1:07:06 PM | IP Logged

To return to the original purpose of this thread: 

jimi
General Member
No User Image
Netherlands

Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 at 2:06:12 PM | IP Logged

One more :) 

George McGin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 at 8:35:15 PM | IP Logged

Being one of the new players here, I only have a few things that would make the site better.

First, I think the existing design is clean and easy to navigate. But some features that would make it helpful:

1. Mark all posts as read (someone else suggested that, but I wanted to support it), this way, I can read only posts afterwards.

2. Mark all courses that I have already downloaded. That feature or a similar (such as not to include libraries I already have) is supposed to exist.

3. For some reason, I get lost trying to find information. I know that in many posts, members have come up with good answers to form a searchable knowledge base. (For example, how to design courses). I would be willing to volunteer to put this together, and I have some CGI-PERL s I wrote that could be used to maintain and search this respository.

Just some thoughts -

George. 

jimi
General Member
No User Image
Netherlands

Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2008 at 9:03:02 AM | IP Logged

Hows the new site lay-out coming along? Heres some more photoshop fun. 

nmgator
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/24/1949 (74)

Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 at 4:58:24 PM | IP Logged

hello all that all look great
that all put a lot of work in thim
but I like mutt the best 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 9:10:15 PM | IP Logged

jimi said:
"To return to the original purpose of this thread:"

I like this one alot jimi can you make a few more with out a background in them? 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

ChadLegend
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/12/1963 (60)

Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 at 1:27:16 PM | IP Logged

Just to say, I love this site, and thanks for the time you guys take to keep this game thriving! I am designing a new course using the CA. Its looking nice. In the tutorials section,post step by step instructions for new designers on how to move a finished course fron 06 to 08! I really want to see the effect of the graphics on my course! By the way, the new logos look fantastic! Thanks Friends...... 

ChadLegend Signature

No one ever says Its only a game when their team is winning.

leafviol
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 9:19:42 AM | IP Logged

First, let me gush a bit about your site. I discovered it while searching for an Augusta course through ask.com with TW 06. I skipped 07 because I bought 06 at the end of 07 and found out that there was a time limit to online playing for each version (info provided by you guys, btw). I have been trying to master the intermediate as beginner is just too boring and the challenge is enough (for now). The online tournaments have caused me to sweat, swear, and swing things here at home, but I cannot express how much fun it has been. Your courses are tough (I hate the wind) and they compel me to want to be a better golfer. I just donated some coin and hope to do so again soon (tough economy and all).

From a previous post you indicated that there still might be a server after the season ends this would be fantastic! I am recommending your site to others who need some added frustration in their lives, so I hope there will be more tourneys for a while. Keep up posted on what will happen for 09 since I read that EAS will not be online next year (as of this posting).

Whatever changes you make, ignore the whiners. That we even have a place like this to game is beyond unbelievable. I dont know how the guys above me are scoring so big, but I plan on practicing as much as possible to at least stay in sniffing distance of them. Again, thank you so much for your dedication and commitment. Several guys like me truly appreciate it... 

kingpin61
General Member
No User Image
England

B-Day: 5/29/1946 (77)

Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 10:45:33 AM | IP Logged

Dont forget the N in Downloads either! lol. 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 10:52:46 AM | IP Logged

[QUOTE=leafviol]... and found out that there was a time limit to online playing for each version (info provided by you guys, btw).

...Keep up posted on what will happen for 09 since I read that EAS will not be online next year (as of this posting).QUOTE]

the 06 servers are still running, so are the 07, and (obviously) the 08 ones
so hopefully everyone will be able to use at least the 08 ones for a while yet and continue to play the current version 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

Mutt
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 3/13/1972 (52)

Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 3:57:45 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Mutt on Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 3:58:00 AM

Made a few more for your perusal. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 6:17:23 AM | IP Logged

Some very impressive work :) :) 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 8:57:27 PM | IP Logged

Mutt.....very nice can you please upload each one individually with a trans background. The new site is coming along nicely the majority of the database is complete and the layout has been choosen. Ill give everyone tell the end of next week to get thier ideas in and logos. 

TruBluMich Signature

Mutt
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 10:33:33 PM | IP Logged

Here you go TB:

Mutt
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 10:34:39 PM | IP Logged

Number 2 

Mutt
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 10:36:35 PM | IP Logged

And finally.... 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 10:36:41 AM | IP Logged

I have one idea...

Maybe in the forums, we can select which page of a topic we'd like to go to instead of always going to the first page. 

PW Gemstone
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/13/1960 (63)

Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 at 12:53:30 PM | IP Logged

Hi Guys and Gals,
I would 1st. like to thank all who make this site possible. Great work everyone. I think the site is great as is, but since you asked. I have a few suggestions for site improvement IMHO.

1. Someway to compare the courses and libs on my system to yours and accuratly sync so I'm not downloading libs I don't need. Would really be helpful for members who use more than 1 computer.

2. I 2nd. the suggestion of having tutorials under Tutorials not Utilities.

3. Get rid of the 2 min wait for my zip file

4. Offer a hard copy of courses and libs. Real possibility for cash flow here, could help pay site cost. Endless updates right?

5. Promote custom designs with design contest and have players vote for winners. This might get more people to design and download custom courses.

The last suggestion I have may be beyond your scope of operation but I think would be fun and offers a possibility for cash flow. Everyone has a zillion tokens from the game and nothing to do with them, right? How about an online pro shop where you could go and buy custom items for the game. You could pay for them with tokens you earn form the game. The items could be renderings of real items and you could sell advertising to sponsers to have their items rendered for the pro shop. I think this would be a good way to raise ad revenue and not be in your face about it. I realize this is a BIG suggestion and dont expect to see it in the future, but we can dream.

In parting again let me say thanks to all for the great job you do . This site makes TW worth playing.

Jerry

PW Gemstone Signature

J.W. Stroud
Gemstone
===================
Live Free or Die
===================

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 6:54:40 PM | IP Logged

WikingGemstone said:
"Hi Guys and Gals,
I would 1st. like to thank all who make this site possible. Great work everyone. I think the site is great as is, but since you asked. I have a few suggestions for site improvement IMHO.

1. Someway to compare the courses and libs on my system to yours and accuratly sync so I'm not downloading libs I don't need. Would really be helpful for members who use more than 1 computer.

2. I 2nd. the suggestion of having tutorials under Tutorials not Utilities.

3. Get rid of the 2 min wait for my zip file

4. Offer a hard copy of courses and libs. Real possibility for cash flow here, could help pay site cost. Endless updates right?

5. Promote custom designs with design contest and have players vote for winners. This might get more people to design and download custom courses.

The last suggestion I have may be beyond your scope of operation but I think would be fun and offers a possibility for cash flow. Everyone has a zillion tokens from the game and nothing to do with them, right? How about an online pro shop where you could go and buy custom items for the game. You could pay for them with tokens you earn form the game. The items could be renderings of real items and you could sell advertising to sponsers to have their items rendered for the pro shop. I think this would be a good way to raise ad revenue and not be in your face about it. I realize this is a BIG suggestion and dont expect to see it in the future, but we can dream.

In parting again let me say thanks to all for the great job you do . This site makes TW worth playing.

Jerry
"

Great Ideas.
The first one is already possible for TW 08 using Caddie. Under Options >> CourseDownloads.com >> Sync Libraries it will automatically sync the libraries on your system with our databases. 

TruBluMich Signature

Page of 4
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Marklk,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - CourseDownloads New Web Site CHALLENGE! - Page 3 Loaded in 0.279 seconds
Monday, April 29, 2024 @ 6:48:07 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.