Royal Portrush
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 4:04:41 PM | IP Logged

Trying to get Turnberry ready for a release messed around with creating a Pano. Even put the Ailsa Craig in the back drop. To be honest this course looks better with out a Pano. After hours of working on this decided to go with out a Pano.

Messing around trying to create a new weed rough texture with the 08 rough. Again this is just photo editing and testing things somehow came up with a really good color.

A few years ago did Royal Birkdale and created a retro texture set. Birkdale is one of the few courses I lost the TCA file but did do Royal Lytham with the same retro 04 textures. Royal Liverpool is a shaded mix of these retro textures.

This was just an idea to modernize the Birkdale retro textures using TexMods and stock textures.

Here is the new Royal Lytham with Seve wearing his 83 Masters outfit.

File Attachment
Zip File - bmp File - Click Here to Download File - 2.64 MB

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 4:37:12 PM | IP Logged

I am not going to do a blog for Pinehurst 99 since this course is a massive project. May post some updates in the Portrush web blog. Finally got around to compiling the 1st and 2nd rounds of the 2014 US Open (about 14 hours of video). Than want to fully restore the final round of the 99 US Open. Than I have to record and mix the 3rd round coverage which is damaged in part than look around to find what video I have of the 05 US Open. Building this course is going to be a nightmare and making it hard is going to be the trick. The planting is going to be a ton of work. The greens make the course and that is going to be impossible. Clubhouse structure, no idea about that.

The goal is to get all this stuff out before 2020. The list of courses is the Hyno Designs biggest release to date.

For 08: Florida National and Royal Portrush (maybe one more)
For 07: Chateau de Leon, Turnberry, Royal Portrush, St. Sabastian, Royal Lytham and Pinehurst 99.

Here is another picture of the revised texture look of Royal Lytham, which is an upgraded 04 Birkdale set.

File Attachment
Zip File - bmp File - Click Here to Download File - 2.64 MB

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2019 at 6:24:33 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, December 1, 2019 at 6:25:00 AM

Thanks Hyno, for the update, sounds great.
And thanks for sharing the pics, looks very good. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 12:13:12 AM | IP Logged

I know I posted like 3 pages of crap in this thread that most people will never read. However, as stated the TexMod feature is a game changer for the graphics and as I wrote about EA sports doing two tone textures for most of the games main textures. This is why we can't pull a stock green texture and make it render like the stock courses.

From messing around with the 08 stock libs, all the time for the 07 engine. Actually found that the East Lake color tones with the greens to fairway is a bad off tone. Was doing fringes for some of the stock libs, for East Lake couldn't get it to match. That is a glitch in the way that texture set was created.

Because most of these courses are dealing with 07 it will not re-write the course textures for normal game textures. The texmod created for the 07 engine will not work in 08. Portrush, the 08 version, will re-write the K-Club's weedrough.

With Royal Lytham, changed nothing on this course, and I am telling you, with these texmod's it looks 100 times better than before.

Royal Lytham & St. Annes (Hyno Designs Custom Design)

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 3 active members online
Gunpower61, Holein1, Zalfed,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Royal Portrush - Page 3 Loaded in 0.219 seconds
Friday, April 26, 2024 @ 12:40:17 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.