Topic Locked  
Author  Message

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 11:53:33 PM | IP Logged

I think it may be mostly due to where the game started.. A little behind where it should have been at launch.
I don't mind the price, it's just the starting point. But what is nice is that they let you play some, for free. Nice feature. :) 

Topic Locked

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 12:07:10 AM | IP Logged

Indeed Axe, maybe it's not there YET, so the attitude of not paying also could have adverse effect, failing. All I'm saying is for along time from what I recall is alot of 08 and earlier players wanted something new and they got it, as said it's not quite there yet, but not to support it from the first stages might cause it to fail. So, is this what one wants? Oh, we'll pay when the features are there, might be to late. 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

Topic Locked

kieronbwfc
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 10/18/1953 (70)

Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 at 9:02:14 AM | IP Logged

edited by: kieronbwfc on Monday, April 19, 2010 at 9:11:00 AM more reply

DivotMaker said:
"
kieronbwfc said:
"

It isnt any good slippery so no worries there. Same sentiments from me too. EA are only bothered about the mighty Dollar. If I wanted an arcade version of TW Id have bought a Wii.
To quote The Doors this is the end , my only friend , the end."

Matter of opinion regarding TWO....

However, I am guessing you have not played the Wii version TW10 have you? Play it with the most challenging swing using the Motion + attachment for the Wiimote and get back to me about how arcade that game is. It is more of a simulation than ANY OTHER TW version regardless of platform....TW11 will have even more simulation features as TOUR Pro with the TrueView cameras is as close to a golf simulator as anything I have ever seen....AND...the PS3 version of TW11 will support the new PS3 Move motion controller (;once it is released in the Summer) and if it has the same swing and cameras as TW11 for Wii, it will be THE best version of TW for consoles and quite possibly the best TW version ever...."

Yes I have albeit for about an hour. I cant tell you what level it was set to as my son set the game up. Can you tell me how realistic is it to add backspin to a shot when the ball is halfway to its target by shaking a remote? Not very Id say. Never seen a Pro do that with his 9 iron. We must agree to differ on the merits of TWO and TWWii and I will leave it at that, although I will say that maybe I didnt see what the Wii is capable of either now or in the future 

Topic Locked

kieronbwfc
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 at 9:08:53 AM | IP Logged

Boze said:
"][QUOTE=DivotMaker][QUOTE=kieronbwfc]

Great info Tim. One thing I really don't understand is all the complaining about subscribing to TWO for a year, when it's 60 every year for a new version of a console game that doesn't evolve through out the year.

I have a Wii so i'll check out the 11 version when it's out.

Again, thanks for the info."

Boze I paid £25 for TW08 from Amazon when it was released and have had 3 years play from it. Compare that to £45 for 1 year. I'm not in a position to afford that sort of money even If I wanted to 

Topic Locked

slippery1
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/19/1959 (64)

Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 at 12:11:40 PM | IP Logged

I keep hearing "its not there YET", well, it should be! This is one disadvantage to the consumer in dealing with online games. They can go ahead and release an inferior product and "fix it as we go". To me this is total BS. Why should I pay for something thats "not there yet"? And who's to say that EA will even fix it on the fly? Some folks have said that EA is listening to what we have to say and I have seen absolutely no evidence of that. As far as playing the Wii version, can't say as tho I have, don't own a Wii, don't want one. But it is very obvious to me that console gaming is the direction that EA is going while leaving the PC gamers behind. Everything in life changes, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. This whole TW experience was a ball while it lasted. 

Topic Locked

DrBat
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 at 5:12:32 PM | IP Logged

i'll either be playin TW08, or fishing alot. I tried the TW0 and they have a loooonnggg way to go before they get my money. I paid 10 bucks for TW08 and have played it for 2 years...lets see 10 buck for 2 years... now it's 60 bucks for one year....hhhmmmmmmm I dont think so. If the features were there and it was as good as 08 maybe....but does anyone think it's as good or better than 08? If not then why buy an inferior product? The demo I played looked like it was cartoonish. Thank you but no, I will be spending time real golfing and fishing not playing TWO. And I do not buy a game with the promise that "we will get around to that later". I'll just play whever I can with the 08 version. Right or wrong that's how I see it.

Tommy 

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 at 8:38:59 PM | IP Logged

kieronbwfc said:
"

Yes I have albeit for about an hour. I cant tell you what level it was set to as my son set the game up. Can you tell me how realistic is it to add backspin to a shot when the ball is halfway to its target by shaking a remote? Not very Id say. Never seen a Pro do that with his 9 iron. We must agree to differ on the merits of TWO and TWWii and I will leave it at that, although I will say that maybe I didnt see what the Wii is capable of either now or in the future"

Play the game in the highest level and you cannot manipulate the ball after hitting it. If you had spent any time with the game and played it with the Motion + attachment, you would not come to such a conclusion. 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 at 8:42:21 PM | IP Logged

slippery1 said:
"I keep hearing "its not there YET", well, it should be! This is one disadvantage to the consumer in dealing with online games. They can go ahead and release an inferior product and "fix it as we go". To me this is total BS. Why should I pay for something thats "not there yet"? And who's to say that EA will even fix it on the fly? Some folks have said that EA is listening to what we have to say and I have seen absolutely no evidence of that. As far as playing the Wii version, can't say as tho I have, don't own a Wii, don't want one. But it is very obvious to me that console gaming is the direction that EA is going while leaving the PC gamers behind. Everything in life changes, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. This whole TW experience was a ball while it lasted."

Can't say I agree with anything you posted because I have seen just the opposite. Your comments about the Dev Team and listening to the community are so wrong. If you spent any amount of time in the TWO forums, you would not be making such misinformed comments. I respect your decision not to purchase or play the game, but I don't respect blatant misinformation. 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Topic Locked

jmeier
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/1/1964 (59)

Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 at 9:11:42 PM | IP Logged

Well I can state my reasons without misinformation:
No turn based multiplayer
No User created courses
No Gameface Editor
Cannot create custom courses
Cannot play on my laptop wherever I happen to be at. If I am paying $60 annually, I should at least be able to have a copy to play locally.

I have purchased every single version of TW since the beginning. Always at the soonest date possible. I also purchased every single expansion and course pack released. I actually still even have them all. They say these may come in time. I have an answer to that as well. My money may come in time.

I bought a new golf game back when it first started called Custom Play Golf. It had all of the items I mentioned above when I bought it except for the game face editor, but at least there was more than one character avatar to choose from.

I cannot see one feature or improvement over TW08 in this release. Not one single thing that would even have me consider playing for free, let alone purchasing. They don't even spend enough time creating courses that are even close to replicas or even quality considered to be professional.

I am not saying that this franchise will not continue to improve. I know they have the capability to do so, but do the people making the decisions really want to make the effort and investment? Only time will tell. I am staying with what works and works well for me. 

jmeier Signature

Tour Manager and Design Manager of the CGX Tour, the best place online for PGA Style tournament play on custom courses. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Topic Locked

slippery1
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/19/1959 (64)

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 12:47:40 AM | IP Logged

Well Divot, I very much respect your right to not agree with anything that I have posted, just as I hope you respect my right to disagree with you. "IF" EA were truly listening, they wouldn't be going to this online format.....period. You have seen it here in these very forums that a great deal of folks are not that interested in an online game, so hence, EA has NOT listened. I don't care how big of an EA fan you are, but they have really let the pc gamers down with this one. I must admit, EA has put out some pretty decent products in the past, but this definatly isn't one of them.  

Topic Locked

kieronbwfc
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 7:16:23 AM | IP Logged

DivotMaker said:
"
kieronbwfc said:
"

Yes I have albeit for about an hour. I cant tell you what level it was set to as my son set the game up. Can you tell me how realistic is it to add backspin to a shot when the ball is halfway to its target by shaking a remote? Not very Id say. Never seen a Pro do that with his 9 iron. We must agree to differ on the merits of TWO and TWWii and I will leave it at that, although I will say that maybe I didnt see what the Wii is capable of either now or in the future"

Play the game in the highest level and you cannot manipulate the ball after hitting it. If you had spent any time with the game and played it with the Motion + attachment, you would not come to such a conclusion."

Well I'm glad to hear that so I guess my son had it set to the easiest level. It doesn't alter the fact that I think TWO is still crap. 

Topic Locked

phnert44
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 7:51:43 AM | IP Logged

Well said JimM !!!! Can't be refuted. EA could have saved time and money, taken the TW08disk, added two courses, new box TW10, call it TW10, made a few easy tweaks, and sold the CD game for $39.

We all would have complained like we did for Madden football each year, no changes, almost same only roster updates. But we would have been happier than this inferior TW10 online PS3/Xbox/ like game, etc. etc.

EA would have put in no time engineering any changes, minimal advertising compared to TW10, and just run the EASO server etc. How to cover that ? the $39 per game and when you get into EASO, you have to click an ad each time, before you start. Gee thats a new idea lol! That would play for the maintenance. Not the nickle dime stuff TW10 has.

My guess, the renewal rate next year for those that actually did pay $60 will be under 25%
if that. Game over. Then they can use the above suggestion or sell the CD game to another
up and coming software company to market it for us.

EA, ? afraid of piracy for this game? What about your other games they are putting out for the pc? not an issue? just saying.

Inferior product for more money is never a good marketing strategy in any world economy. How about public perception of EA?

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 8:38:41 AM | IP Logged

jmeier said:
"Well I can state my reasons without misinformation:
No turn based multiplayer
No User created courses
No Gameface Editor
Cannot create custom courses
Cannot play on my laptop wherever I happen to be at. If I am paying $60 annually, I should at least be able to have a copy to play locally.

I have purchased every single version of TW since the beginning. Always at the soonest date possible. I also purchased every single expansion and course pack released. I actually still even have them all. They say these may come in time. I have an answer to that as well. My money may come in time.

I bought a new golf game back when it first started called Custom Play Golf. It had all of the items I mentioned above when I bought it except for the game face editor, but at least there was more than one character avatar to choose from.

I cannot see one feature or improvement over TW08 in this release. Not one single thing that would even have me consider playing for free, let alone purchasing. They don't even spend enough time creating courses that are even close to replicas or even quality considered to be professional.

I am not saying that this franchise will not continue to improve. I know they have the capability to do so, but do the people making the decisions really want to make the effort and investment? Only time will tell. I am staying with what works and works well for me."

All of the above are coming.

Why can't you play anywhere on your laptop? I can.

How is CPG doing? CPG2? They can't even sustain a publisher much less make a go of it commercially. CPG2 is a huge improvement over CPG. Who knows about it? Is it even being marketed? It is failing financially because they can't market a Golf game that ONLY appeals to hardcore simulation users.

I can think of numerous improvements in TWO over TW08, but the biggest one is the ability to update, patch, and add features to the game on the fly. How many patches or updates did TW08 get? You don't have to like the business model or approach, but lets re-visit TWO about 6 months or so down the line and see how it compares to TW08.... 

DivotMaker Signature

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 9:03:53 AM | IP Logged

slippery1 said:
"Well Divot, I very much respect your right to not agree with anything that I have posted, just as I hope you respect my right to disagree with you. "IF" EA were truly listening, they wouldn't be going to this online format.....period. You have seen it here in these very forums that a great deal of folks are not that interested in an online game, so hence, EA has NOT listened. I don't care how big of an EA fan you are, but they have really let the pc gamers down with this one. I must admit, EA has put out some pretty decent products in the past, but this definatly isn't one of them."

If you had been listening to EA since TW08 PC was launched, you would know that the PC version has been suffering in declining sales since TW2004. They felt like they needed to do something different. It is okay to disagree with the decision, but please do not sit there and try to tell me they aren't listening to the community. Posting here in this forums is NOT the answer. You need to post in the EA TW PC or TWO forums to be heard. Some users from this very community HAVE been heard and EA is responding to the communication by adding in additional features to TWO as the game develops and evolves. TW08 did NOT have a CA, you had to use the 2006 CA to get any new courses. EA has always planned to include a CA with TWO and it is coming. What most here do not realize is that most of TWO had to be re-coded from the ground up. There is a learning curve with all new technologies, so this is why TWO is taking longer to evolve than EA had envisioned. But they ARE committed to seeing the product succeed which is why they are continuing to work to bring features from TW08 as well as new features to PC gaming to TWO. Lastly, EA has NOT let down the PC community. "Letting the PC Community down" would have been to never try to revitalize the series and not release another product. I am sorry you see it differently. C'est la vie... 

DivotMaker Signature

Topic Locked

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 9:11:55 AM | IP Logged

I've tried TWO on my laptop, albeit early in the beta phase and couldn't get it to work. Is there a minimum video card needed? 

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 9:12:35 AM | IP Logged

phnert44 said:
"Well said JimM !!!! Can't be refuted. EA could have saved time and money, taken the TW08disk, added two courses, new box TW10, call it TW10, made a few easy tweaks, and sold the CD game for $39.

EA would have put in no time engineering any changes, minimal advertising compared to TW10, and just run the EASO server etc. How to cover that ? the $39 per game and when you get into EASO, you have to click an ad each time, before you start. Gee thats a new idea lol! That would play for the maintenance. Not the nickle dime stuff TW10 has."

And it would have been the LAST TW PC game ever. Your scenario was a losing business model. How do you attract new users to a game when you continue to put out the exact same game and 2 new courses and the horrific online interface called EASO? Have you been to the TW forums lately and read all of the complaints about ads showing up in the game? I guess not. At the end of the day, EA is trying to rejuvenate the PC version of TW and if successful, will migrate similar strategies for the rest of their PC Sports games. FIFA Online is another attempt by EA to rejuvenate that PC series. You don't have to like it, but it is the future of TW and EA Sports games. 

DivotMaker Signature

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 9:14:35 AM | IP Logged

Bobby Bolin said:
"I've tried TWO on my laptop, albeit early in the beta phase and couldn't get it to work. Is there a minimum video card needed?"

What video card does your laptop currently have? 

DivotMaker Signature

Topic Locked

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 9:17:42 AM | IP Logged

Intel chipset 

Topic Locked

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 9:43:25 AM | IP Logged

Bobby Bolin said:
"Intel chipset"

It should work, but it is certainly not "ideal" for getting the most out of TWO graphically. How old is your laptop and have you ever updated your drivers for the Intel card? What are the rest of your laptop specs....I might be able to pinpoint why you had issues previously. 

DivotMaker Signature

Topic Locked

jmeier
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/1/1964 (59)

Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 10:01:26 AM | IP Logged

I can play on my laptop..... When it is connected to the internet. Also, wether you chose to believe it, This is not the first game to offer online updates when you connect. I have numerous other titles that have had this capability for quite a while.

If EA had truely listen to us rather than just the parts they wanted to hear, most if not all of the items I listed would have been the priority not the to be added. That is one of the reasons the sales have declined, is that as each title has progressed sales have declined as they deviated from the core success. We are the ones that have bought every edition, not the casual console type gamers.

EA Sports, and Electronic Arts are not the first publisher to deviate away from the market segment that made the platform successful, Activision has been doing it all along. Each new release brings lower sales than the previous release.

We should be posting in the EA Forums, but quite honestly there are way too many trolls for me to even be bothered going there. I will wait and see. Maybe EA will surprise me, which is something they have failed to do so for many years, but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once and a while. 

jmeier Signature

Tour Manager and Design Manager of the CGX Tour, the best place online for PGA Style tournament play on custom courses. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Topic Locked

Page of 5
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
golfingod,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - tw2010 - Page 2 Loaded in 0.582 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 11:17:46 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.