Creating TW08 custom courses.
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

holeroller
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 at 6:47:45 PM | IP Logged

I want to get into course design and I've read here that you have to get the 2006 version of the game. I got one off of ebay and I cannot find the course arhcitect program on it. Could they have removed it? I can't find it anywhere on the discs. Does it install automatically?

I've read other messages on here that you find the .exe file in an EA golder labeled Course Architect, but I sure don't have that after my 2006 installation. What's up with this? It could be I'm missing something obvious.

Also. in the "read me" file for the 2006 game, it says you can find the course architect by visiting a link, but I went to it and could not find the download. I think EA is trying to snuff out any kind of course architect anymore.

I hope this doesn't mean I can't design cuz I bought the game with that intention. Can you guys offer any help?

I love the site and contribute when I can--I'll give more if i can get a course architect up and running.

Thanks,
Holeroller 

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 at 6:57:51 PM | IP Logged

edited by: axe360 on Monday, June 15, 2009 at 7:03:00 PM

Here you go my brother Holeroller, lol. http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=7&gameid=8

Juat copy and paste.

Peace! 

holeroller
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 at 7:24:10 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JSJarvis on Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 6:37:00 AM Edited for language...please do not use that kind of language in our forums again. Thanks.

Oh man thats awesome. Why is it such a ***** to get a hold of this from EA? I think they should be proud of their own design work instead of threatened by it. I used to design on the 2004 CA, but my ****** slow computer made it tough.

I tell you, that Architect folder is not on the newer issued CDs of the 2006 game.

Cant thank you enough for such a quick and helpful response. Only problem is, now Ill be on here posting all kinds of other design-related questions. Ill keep reading the posts about the compile thing, but can I set up a disc partition and somehow install XP inside Vista? 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 12:24:54 AM | IP Logged

That's why we're here. Check the ongoing thread that Squirrely keeps posting on that you may be interested. Also check out the tutorials forum. 

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 12:36:27 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Boze on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 5:43:00 AM

Why one needs to use such foul language in a forum to get some answers is beyond me, what ever. JMo. 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 1:12:13 AM | IP Logged

yeah, it's for the birds :)
so many words in the english language without those 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 5:44:32 AM | IP Logged

lol, I stand corrected. 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

evilweazel
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 at 3:50:34 PM | IP Logged

Hey peeps, I think this is the best thread to ask this in. :)

I've got TW2005 and made a few courses for it but I'm now looking at the galleries for the 08 courses here and started salivating!

I want to get 08 but at the same time I want to make some courses for it.
Do I HAVE to have 06 and it's CA or will 05's still work?

I'm sure I read here that the 06 CA manual is the same as 05 which has made me wonder if there is no difference between the two behind the scenes.
And if so would it work to make 08 courses with the correct libraries?

Hope to hear from you all :) 

TranzMembrif
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 7/9/1946 (77)

Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 7:33:14 AM | IP Logged

Photoshop is expensive. There is a freeware program called Paint.Net that will open and allow for editing and saving dds files. I had no idea what program(s) and settings were needed (thanks for that info) for opening/saving some NOLOGO08 buttons on some older courses I installed into 08. I took a guess and opened them with my already-installed Paint.Net.

With Paint.Net no plug-ins are needed and I was just able to edit and save them while ignoring anything about alpha etc.

http://www.getpaint.net/

I also edited some logo buttons that did have logos but were somewhat obscure to my eye. In all cases I did no art, only overlaid large (amateur) contrasting text. These new logo buttons are in the small attached zip file. I have found these need no 'installation', only copying over the correct course folder.

Adams Creek
Bandon Dunes
Central Park 2007
Cinder Ridge Golf Links
Greek Isles 2006
NTL (Moonah)
Royal Troon Golf Club 08
The Broadmoor Mountain
TPC Deere Run
Woodtown Lodge Golf Club  

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 49.3 KB

Limerick3D
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 11:50:50 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Limerick3D on Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 11:57:00 PM added questions

Hi, i am an old member but lost all of my registration info since it was back in08...

I now have Windows 7 and am in the process of installing XP Mode and Virtual PC.

Does that ensure that i get to compile courses using an installed version of both TW 06 and TW 08, and using the TW 06 CA?

Just would like to know before i dig into my pockets for TW 08 again as i damaged the disc and amazons priices are steep.

Also, what is a pano and where can i find instructions on how to build from scratch a custom library, course, and compile all of it for use it TW 08?

Also can i use TW Caddie using XP Mode and Virtual PC in W7 Ultimate x64? 

Limerick3D Signature

Intel Core i7 @ 3.2 GHz - EVGA FTW 3 X58 MB - EVGA 480 GTX PCI-E 2.0 16X - 6GB DDR3 1333MHz - Antec 900/TPQ 1200W - WD Caviar Black 1TB 3Gb/s - Creative X-FI Xtreme Music PCI

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Sunday, August 5, 2012 at 5:52:22 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, August 5, 2012 at 6:00:00 AM

Hi...

When you are using: Win7 pro or Win7 ultimate, you can use Virtual PC to compile your courses with course architect.
When you are using: Win7 home, you will have to compile your courses on a system with XP.

Only TW07 and TW08 custom panos will work for TW08, when you use older panos or stock panos they will not work in TW08.
It is possible the TW07 and TW08 custom panos will not show up in Course architect or in TW06 game, but when you play the course in TW08, the pano should show up.

Panos are available in the Library section.
Or on top of homepage click the tab: Search....and in search box type: Pano, and you will receive a list of panos

You can also go to the downloadpage of a custom course, at right side you will see a list of all required libraries, one of the libraries is a pano.

Below is link to tutorial: Course design software list

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=674

Some other good tutorials below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=13&gameid=11

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=10&gameid=11 

koc
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 9:35:37 AM | IP Logged

Want to get back in designing a bit again, as it's been nearly a decade. What I have is a nice Win10 laptop that runs TW08 but won't run 06. Video card error. I can get into the architect ok though. For compiling, is there a virtual machine that can help with that for Windows 10? I see conflicting reports of a Virtual PC that would work for Windows 10 and I have searched and searched but can't find anything. 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 11:19:01 AM | IP Logged

koc said:
"Want to get back in designing a bit again, as it's been nearly a decade. What I have is a nice Win10 laptop that runs TW08 but won't run 06. Video card error. I can get into the architect ok though. For compiling, is there a virtual machine that can help with that for Windows 10? I see conflicting reports of a Virtual PC that would work for Windows 10 and I have searched and searched but can't find anything."

its easier to buy an old desktop pc which has an XP OS.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 11:28:46 AM | IP Logged

Yes i agree with Argon, best option is to compile on a PC with XP system.
Virtual machine gave some people problems before. 

koc
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 12:40:52 PM | IP Logged

Yeah, I figured if I really wanted to get back into it I would go that route. Might be able to get something ancient from my sister that I could compile on. Mind you it won't be able to run TW08 with any kind of real ability, but that shouldn't matter, correct? Just gotta get it compiled and then transfer back to the gaming rig, yes? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 12:54:08 PM | IP Logged

Yes, on the PC with XP you will have to install TW06 and Course architect06.
Once compiled you can try the compiled course in TW08 on your other PC . 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 4:51:13 PM | IP Logged

koc said:
"Yeah, I figured if I really wanted to get back into it I would go that route. Might be able to get something ancient from my sister that I could compile on. Mind you it won't be able to run TW08 with any kind of real ability, but that shouldn't matter, correct? Just gotta get it compiled and then transfer back to the gaming rig, yes?"

You only need a decent graphics card in the XP machine, nothing to expensive,TW 2008 runs fine on XP , Nvidia card you will have no probs.
i also read above adding libraries ,TW 2006 installs a Course Utilities program , i install libs with that tool, limit libs to less than 50 ,use the cloaking tool to cloak libs if you have to many installed. 

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Holein1,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Creating TW08 custom courses. - Page 2 Loaded in 0.266 seconds
Friday, April 26, 2024 @ 4:29:36 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.