Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 at 3:12:51 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Friday, January 24, 2020 at 3:35:00 PM

Two weeks out from my last post on this thread it is like I never get anything done. We are dealing with 10 different new golf courses here and a massive lib. Last night was the 1st time I tested out the church bells. They are not seamless. For example on 18, Tiger hits his tee shot in the church bell location and as soon as the game changes to the next player the bells end. Tiger being a computer CPU player is ready to hit his next shot the bells start up again. As soon as he hits his shot the bells end. My player, I let sit, who is also in the church bell location. As soon as the bells end on the sound loop, the sound pauses than starts up again. Overall, It is not really that great.

Just on this test round, shot 64, pretty easy it was not hard nor did I play great. Technically, the logistics, the shaping, the planting and textures this course is great. Plus just revised the pano making it better. I released the Pinehurst pano which has very large Pine trees and this new pano lowers the size of the them. With out going in and messing up the course or rebuilding holes. The only way I can make this course harder is by changing pin locations. That comes with just playing the course over and over.

Back to the sound files. In 2004 the TW game created a master sound course file for the stock courses in the game folder which controls the sounds. It was only ever used in TW04. These sound files will work on TW04 courses to TW08 courses. Besides myself I do not know any other designer who has ever used the .stn sound files.

Wanted to break it down and figure out how the .stn file works.

In the infi file you code the sounds

[sound 0]
soundfile=TW2K4_PC_Amb_Field01.wav

[sound 1]
soundfile=wren1b.wav

[sound 2]
soundfile=Blackbird1.wav

[sound 3]
soundfile=Blackbird2.wav

And so forth.

These sounds are in the course folder under generic

Than in the .stn file you can play sounds at certain grid points on the course or create like a master loop of bird noises or sounds. What a loop will do, instead of hitting to a location on the course and that location triggers the blackbird to sing. It will loop different bird noises.

In the .stn file here is a sample coding from Birkdale 04, which I have used on several courses.

Ambient Loop BlackBird1 Blackbird2 Leaves_02 Leaves_06 Leaves_07 Leaves_08 WaterLapping01 WaterLapping03 WaterLappingLOOP bird_duck_05 high_wind_gust_10 high_wind_gust_11 high_wind_gust_12 high_wind_gust_13 loon02 loon05 pdbird2 pdbird8 sheep01 stream03 wind_gust_10 wind_gust_11 wind_gust_12 wind_gust_13 wren1a wren1b

This is really cool cause you create Ambient noises. Because I used this so many times, wanted to make it fresh and put new sounds in aka the meadow lark, maybe an airplane or just change it up.

The course I am testing this on, is super basic, one set of tee markers is all the structures and two stock libs for all planting and no galleries. Now I am crashing the course when playing after I putt out. So I messed up something in the coding.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 4:31:50 PM | IP Logged

Wow last posted on this almost 2 months ago. Took a month off from all course work and don't even have the XP computer hooked up.

Updates:
Was able to come up with two new texture sets. Going to do one more weed rough. The TexMod file is rather large, almost 100 MB.

Do not know how to build structures and some of the tournament libs get wrecked with the logo's on the grand stands and so forth. What I did was re-textured a few structures as well. On one wanted to use an American flag but the flag was flipped backwards, with the TexMods app was able to fix that.

Went and re-built the most famous pano in TW history. Don't have a course for it but it was created for the designers still making courses.

TeeOffTowersey did a few layouts for me and I went back and played his 04 Le Golf National, and 16 years later he lost the TCA master file. I think he used an 03 Pano, which looked really good. Figured out a way to crop and resize old Pano's and rebuilt that one as well. Released a Pinehurst pano with large pines but the new pano on this course now looks like and plays like the original 04 Pinehurst Pano.

Was messing around with the National 07 and 08 textures sets and like the 07 set better; going to add a fringe for that.

One of the things I did in TexMod's which was really hard was to fix the blending of the Westchester 08 lib from rough to fairway. It now looks awesome.

Turnberry started messing around with adding extras and it didn't look the best. Also messed around with building a Pano and to be honest going to leave that one with no pano.

Did a few more things as well....Does anyone want any 08 or 07 Stock rebuilt fringes before I close this lib? My lib is massive it is like 30 megs. It was bigger before and than started deleting stuff. Have tons of new bird sounds and like 50 new hole signs.

Here is the preview of Pinehurst in HD. (Got 3 dislike on this video). The 1st shot of the video is a rebuilt Tiger Woods wearing the same outfit he had on during the 99 Open, how cool is that. That shirt design was hard to create.

Pinehurst 99 (Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 PC)

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 1:39:42 PM | IP Logged

Finally ready to start finishing all this up. Going to try to get through all of this ASAP.

This is one of the texture sets, went back to the concept I created 15 years ago using grass effects on the same texture with different colors. Here is a look at this new texture set using stock textures in TexMod's.

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 1:46:01 PM | IP Logged

Back in 05 lost a course that I completed and used a hybrid mix of Turnberry 05 and Fancourt 05. Those stock textures had a different kind of look to them. A light green mixed with an orange type of weed rough. Wanted to get that type of look but modernize the textures. This set I think looks really good, however don't have a course for it yet. Here is a look at these textures and also the revised edition of the Rocky Mountain Pano.

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 7:46:34 PM | IP Logged

Wire grass looks great.. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 7:52:34 PM | IP Logged

Spent the last 6 hours on my final texture set. Because I redid Lytham wanted to red-do Royal Liverpool as well. When I built Royal Liverpool used the 04 Birkdale textures and just tweaked them. Wanted to keep the same colors. Knew that the course was built well enough that with the texture enhancements it would look really good. It was just putting it all together and blending it.

The reason why this has taken so long, because I understand how people work, that if I update the TEXMOD's in the future they will not download the updated version. I already know you are going to have people try to play these courses in 08 and the TEXMOD design is for 07 only so the courses will look terrible and the textures will be awful.

Portrush and St. Sabastian do have an 08 texmod for just those courses. The rest of these no, I replaced too many 08 stock textures and I am not going to do it. In the 07 engine it doesn't matter because I am the only designer ever to use 08 libs for the 07 game.

Here are the new Royal Liverpool textures:

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, March 30, 2020 at 12:14:19 PM | IP Logged

Looks very good, great job. 

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
Gunpower61, southside,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Donald Ross's Masterpiece Pinehurst #2 - Page 2 Loaded in 0.219 seconds
Thursday, April 25, 2024 @ 4:46:55 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.