Windows 10 & TW 2008
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/18/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 10:30:07 AM | IP Logged

It seems like all of these workarounds and rigamaroll with Windows 10 for these older games (EA's MVP Baseball has similar W10 problems) that it would just be easier to partition your device or install another HDD (doesn't have to be huge) and re-install XP for these purposes. I don't understand all the intricasies of W10 and why as an upgrade it's simply not a build on top of other OS's in terms of allowing older programs to work, but it's a bunch of nonsense. XP is not from that long ago. 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 9:45:03 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 9:53:00 AM

AlexP said:
"Guys thanks for all the posts about getting TW 08 to work in Win 10.

I''''ve just built a new PC so this was invaluable - particularly the DDraw wrapper as it was not going to work without that...

I too am limited on resolutions - I think I used to get 1600x1200 in Win 7 which wasn''''t ideal, but I''''m stuck with only 1024 and 800 offered now it would seem. Is there a way to gain any high resolutions?"

Widescreen Patcher 1920x1080
http://www.coursedownloads.net/forum/posts.asp?post=8879

To use Nvidia DSR-Technology or AMD Virtual Super Resolution hex editing is required. I do run TW 08 on 2580x1440 AMD VSR. Btw, if you got enough hardware power you can use Reshade + Mastereffect Reborn (works with TrueSwing only) to drastically improve the graphics of TW08. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

mcalfie
General Member
No User Image
Malaysia

Posted: Friday, April 8, 2016 at 4:27:06 AM | IP Logged

daflyboys said:
"It seems like all of these workarounds and rigamaroll with Windows 10 for these older games (EA's MVP Baseball has similar W10 problems) that it would just be easier to partition your device or install another HDD (doesn't have to be huge) and re-install XP for these purposes. I don't understand all the intricasies of W10 and why as an upgrade it's simply not a build on top of other OS's in terms of allowing older programs to work, but it's a bunch of nonsense. XP is not from that long ago."

It worked on the E440 flawlessly when upgraded initially and even after upgrade 1511 then it suddenly stopped. More like the display drivers are causing problem and on a laptop it's not possible to install another HDD as you suggested, if it is I would have done it since day one. Furthermore, think this problem affects is caused by only certain drivers updated. If you search in the Microsoft forum, I asked for a solution towards certain hardware which might not be compatible for the upgrade but was asked to travel all the way around to find a solution which actually is caused by a piece of hardware driver which is totally not compatible for Win 10 which after I changed the hardware it upgraded fine.

So who's to blame? OS maker or hardware driver supplier?(FYI: Hardware driver maker ceased their operation in 2015 if not wrong) All we wanted is "plug and play" I suppose but we ended up being troubleshooter for the OS and make the OS maker wiser in the process.

Regards,

McAlfie

Gordo
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/18/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, April 8, 2016 at 3:43:18 PM | IP Logged

My question is why wouldn't so-call OS upgrades be able to handle newer drivers as well as older/archival drivers. I would think as an upgrade it should be all inclusive.  

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Friday, April 8, 2016 at 3:49:01 PM | IP Logged

OS has always led changes - drivers, programs etc need to then craft any updates, changes to meet OS needs
OS usually involves software, peripheral companies in the planned changes, but until it's released,no guarantee 'old' stuff will work same as before

btw - EA games are all old, legacy programs really at this point - not totally surprised some need extra TLC to keep them working 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

mcalfie
General Member
No User Image
Malaysia

Posted: Friday, April 8, 2016 at 11:00:51 PM | IP Logged

daflyboys said:
"My question is why wouldn't so-call OS upgrades be able to handle newer drivers as well as older/archival drivers. I would think as an upgrade it should be all inclusive."

Exactly my point when I asked the so called engineer why didn't the OS detected the driver for the hardware didn't work and he replied it's up to the hardware company to do so, but when asked how could a defunct company provide a new driver, he asked me to go to Arctic Ocean to look for McMurdo if you catch my drift. OS makers should always make sure all drivers are "compliant" right? Think not in my case!

Regards,

McAlfie 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 2:20:17 PM | IP Logged

mcalfie said:
"...OS makers should always make sure all drivers are "compliant" right? Think not in my case!
Regards,
McAlfie"

OS and software makers are happy to certify that other software, including drivers, meet or exceed their specs . . . for a price

they do NOT certify that (ie)drivers will work for a specific program

some companies don't bother with the this costly, and often unnecessary, step

most of us probably have as many non certified software, drivers, etc as certified ones

the continuing issue with EA programs is that are OLD - built for a different tech time

IMHO :) 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

mcalfie
General Member
No User Image
Malaysia

Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 3:21:14 AM | IP Logged

jbcalg said:
"

the continuing issue with EA programs is that are OLD - built for a different tech time

IMHO :)"

Yet we're still playing a game of 8 years old at least? Why so? Tried 09 and 12, hated them! So stuck with this still as it's still lovely and lots of courses available. I'm still hooked!

Regards,

McAlfie 

fatality
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 10:44:45 AM | IP Logged

JoSummer said:
"
To use Nvidia DSR-Technology or AMD Virtual Super Resolution hex editing is required. I do run TW 08 on 2580x1440 AMD VSR. Btw, if you got enough hardware power you can use Reshade + Mastereffect Reborn (works with TrueSwing only) to drastically improve the graphics of TW08."

Would you mind explaining how to get TW08 working in 2580*1440? I'm using a GTX960 4G so it wouldn't be a problem hardware wise 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 2:23:02 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Friday, July 29, 2016 at 12:39:00 PM

Nvidia DSR-Technology

http://www.nvidia.de/object/dsr-technology-de.html

dxwrap.dll with widescreen 1920x1080 menu and 2560x1440 on course display res is attached. Create a backup of the dxwrap.dll file in your games bin folder, move the dxwrap.dll of the .zip file into the folder and select 1680x1050 as in-game display resolution.

With your card you could even go higher, but it will probably result in tiny text; in-game msgbox text content as example. 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 150.5 KB

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

fatality
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Friday, July 29, 2016 at 12:06:22 AM | IP Logged

edited by: fatality on Friday, July 29, 2016 at 1:21:00 AM

Thx a lot Jo! Works flawless and looks really good now! 

Dweaver
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 3:03:34 AM | IP Logged

Not sure if I am missing something or not. I tried the method where I used msconfig and limited the RAM to 4GB and that worked great but when I try this Cutesybutton method it doesn't seem to do anything. I would prefer this method because I am not limiting my computers full potential for other applications.

Just to be clear I copied the dgvoodoo setup exe plus the 2 dll's to the bin directory and then ran the voodoo setup program. On the DirectX tab I did not have to uncheck the setting "disable and passthrough to directx". I am not sure which videocard I should be selecting though... I have been using the default dgvoodoo virtual3D accelerated option.

anyway when I set the options and apply them I still get the not enough memory error...

any suggestions would be great.

Oh, I tried DGvoodoo 2.51 and 2.52 and neither seemed to make a difference. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 9:52:57 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 9:55:00 AM

Hello, i found a tutorial, maybe you will find some more help here:

http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/compatibility-tools/dgvoodoo-tutorial/

The link above only covers the first 3 steps from our post in the Forum.
(From step 4 you have to follow the tutorial on the first post in our Forum ) 

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 3:24:17 PM | IP Logged

mcalfie said:
""ALL''S WELL THAT ENDS WELL"

Sorry for shouting but I have some free time just a moment ago and tried Method 2 suggested by Pat, lo and behold, started the game in FULL screen(On integrated graphics, nVidia still freeze the computer while displaying the score card). Finally!

So thanks to all for a great helping hand.

Regards,

McAlfie"

The Nvidia driver 378.49 was corrupt and crashed a lot of games , there was a hot fix driver 378.57, I think in some circumstances Win 10 Auto update just installs drivers on the quite. I have 2 HDD and have driver 378.57 one one and the latest driver on the other.

Latest driver is 378.66 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 at 5:58:15 AM | IP Logged

@Dweaver

You will find a working ddraw-wrapper-dll in this thread.

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=10602&forum=11

Just copy the ddraw.dll to your bin folder. 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
Jae-Sung Lee, nort2,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Windows 10 & TW 2008 - Page 2 Loaded in 0.281 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 11:50:22 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.