TW08 and WIN10 help
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

LeimertPark
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 4:19:58 PM | IP Logged

One Problem with TWCaddie08 installing Courses!
If i have installed a Course AND WANNA PLAY IT IN TW08 i get the Message:
Cannot find the file,you must reinstall or select another course.Could not initialize selectet course
Ihave installed the right TWCADDIE08. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 4:30:08 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 4:35:00 PM

That message usually means you are missing a required library.
When you open TWCaddie08, at left side you will see all installed courses.
Dubble click on the coursename ( text ) you have problems with.
A page will popup with all required libraries: they all must say: TRUE
when you see libraries that say False, then you have to install that library.

When you go back to that course download page on Coursedownloads, at right side you will see a list of all required libraries for that course
When you click on a librayname ( text ), then you can download that library, and install it in TW08 with TWCaddie08, same way as you installed the course.

LeimertPark
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 5:58:12 PM | IP Logged

edited by: LeimertPark on Friday, August 26, 2016 at 2:22:00 AM

Thanx for your time and help.TW08 works and the istalled courses too. 

colinjones0
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 at 4:28:03 PM | IP Logged

Have tried everything to get TW2008 to work with Win 10 - compatibility modes from Win XP through to Win 8, plus both the methods posted by Gunpower 61. Still get the same message about not enough video memory. Could it be my video card that's incompatible? It's an Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 which has 4GB VRAM. Anyone else using this card?

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 at 4:33:27 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, September 12, 2016 at 4:35:00 PM

Hiya Colin, not sure why you still have the message about not enough video memory.
Normally when you did one of both methods, then it should work.
You said you have Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 which has 4GB VRAM, i am wondering if that 4GB Ram video memory could be the problem.
Will try to find some more info tomorrow. 

colinjones0
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 5:00:15 AM | IP Logged

Thanks Gunpower. The PC is new, custom-built to run MS Flight Simulator in particular which it does like a dream. It even runs FS2004 (with the no-CD patch) without any problems plus Links 2003 after I installed the 1.07 patch. TW2008 (and TW2006) are so far the only apps that I can't get to work. Appreciate any help you can come up with. Colin. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 10:21:26 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 10:35:00 AM

Not sure it will help you, but maybe you will find some more help here:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=10159&forum=11

Be sure to try the last post in link above:
Had the same error message with a game recently, went into the nvidia panel and switched physx settings from auto detect to geforce card. Solved the problem.
(Note: i think when you right click on your desktop, you can access the nvidia control panel )

Also look in nvidia control panel in section 3D settings:
Some laptop have two video cards, when in nvidia control panel TW08 is set to auto detect, then it is possibble your weaker graphics card is selected with auto detected to play TW08. 

colinjones0
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 5:41:08 PM | IP Logged

Tried the Nvidia control panel and set the PhysX settings to GeForce 970 as suggested, did a reboot and got the following message:- "This application is not compatible with the installed operating system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better". On returning to the recommended settings I was back to the earlier problem of DirectX reporting not enough memory to run the game. I then found in the Nvidia control panel under "Manage 3D settings" and the program settings tab an option to apply settings to specific applications, selected Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 from the drop-down list and experimented a bit with the options relating to GPU's without really knowing what I was doing (made sure I knew where the "restore defaults" button was!) which only took me back to the message above relating to upgrading Win 10 to Win 98 or better.... So I am still getting nowhere.  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 2:14:32 AM | IP Logged

Hiya Colin, when you are at the point you receive the message: Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better
The message Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better, means that you have to do the compatibility step now:

Automatically Change Compatibility Mode Settings for App in Program Compatibility Troubleshooter:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right click on TW08 icon on desktop, and click/tap on: Troubleshoot compatibility
Click/tap: Continue
Then click second option: Continue troubleshoot program
Now choose option on top: Try recommended settings
And click: Test program
Now TW08 should start, when it started close TW08 again
Now click: Next......and choose the option on top: Save the settings for this program
After that TW08 should work.
Important note: When you do the compatibility thing, it is possible your system will say it will not work in compatibility mode or TW08 will not start, but just finish the steps above and restart your PC and it should work !!!!

Phimeek
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, October 3, 2016 at 2:41:42 PM | IP Logged

Hi, I'm having problems with TW2008 in Windows 10 with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX765M card on a laptop. I did the compatibility mode method, then I did DirectX Method #1 first, and my computer started to slow down after I restarted my computer with the max memory set to 4095. However, TW2008 was able to launch. I didn't like how my computer was acting after the change so I tried Method #2. I downloaded DGVoodoo 2.53, extracted the D3D8, DDraw and D3DImm DLL files to the bin folder of my installation path and I tried to launch TW2008 but it showed the infamous DirectX error. Help would be very appreciated!  

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Monday, October 3, 2016 at 3:08:56 PM | IP Logged

About the slowing down of your computer...you did the CONFIDENCE FOLDER FIX...Right???? 

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, December 19, 2016 at 8:20:34 AM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"3. check the Maximum memory box and set the value to 4095, hit ok and reboot the system when asked."
Hi Gunpower. I did this and it worked great, I got TW 08 to run on my Win 10 rig. But now I want to switch back to the default memory value 16384. I put in the default value, apply and save, then reboot my PC. Wen I go back into the Boot tab and check, the 4095 values is still there. Any idea how to switch this back? Thanks. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, December 19, 2016 at 12:31:32 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, December 19, 2016 at 1:38:00 PM

Hiya Bangus, when you look above the box, then you should see a box:
Max memory
When you uncheck that box ( Max memory ) then you will always use the full amount of your RAM memory.
( You only check the box ( Max Memory ) when you want to restrict the max use of memory. )

In system on your PC you can see how many RAM memory you have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhqVVS-ZzMg

bangus
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 5:18:41 AM | IP Logged

Got it, thanks for your help Gunpower. And Merry Christmas. 

johnpawl
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 2:44:43 PM | IP Logged

Couldn't get compatibility mode to even run it. :( Comes up with the directx and graphic card bs.I have a new pc and I'm not going to make drastic changes so one program rums, it's more than adequate to run 08'.

Running Windows 10 64 bit. I'm frustrated here, I also have a crap load of old courses I saved(copied)from my old pc that I have to worry about next....smh 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 3:43:04 PM | IP Logged

Hiya John, when you want to play TW08 and you have the direct x memory error message, then the only way is to do Method 1 or method 2.
After that you can try the compatibility mode thing.
It are the only solutions we know. 

johnpawl
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 5:36:41 PM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"Hiya John, when you want to play TW08 and you have the direct x memory error message, then the only way is to do Method 1 or method 2.
After that you can try the compatibility mode thing.
It are the only solutions we know."

just frustrated, I guess. Will give it a try again later. 

Philo_Beddoe
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 at 12:23:53 PM | IP Logged

Still getting the video card not support then the Direct X memory error messages after doing method 2 (the VOODOO program install).
* copied the files from the voodoo MS folder into the tiger woods Bin directory.
* ran the voodoo program. Direct X pass thru is unchecked by default so nothing to do there.
* changed the VM settings to 512. Also used the other defaults. No effect
* left voodoo program open started game, also closed program and started game.
* still get "video card not supported..." followed by "direct x not reporting enough memory for game" errors.

any tweaks or other tips? (note I can run with the limiting memory method 1, but rebooting is a hassle when not playing the game or switching to another game)

Thanks! 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 at 1:05:30 PM | IP Logged

Hello, maybe you will find some more help on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=10630&forum=11 

enroub
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Monday, July 3, 2023 at 5:41:57 AM | IP Logged

Although this thread is related to Tiger Woods PGA 2008 on windows 10, my contribution is related to Tiger Woods 2004. I am delighted to say I can confirm that the Voodoo fix does work superbly on not only Windows 10 but also Windows 11. On installing Tiger Woods 2004 the Direct X splash screen of not enough memory to run the game. Restricting Ram did not work for me. Download the Voodoo fix and extract to any folder, in my case Downloads, New Folder. I manually Paste in the 3 items into the Bin Folder which were (D3DImm.dll, DDraw.dll and the dgVoodooCpl) the last being the Voodoo Program. So after the installation, you open the games installation folder, usually in Programs (X86), EA SPORTS, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2004, Bin.

All I had to do was to run the Voodoo program, choose the Adapter to use and select your Graphics Card, mine was AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics, then Apply, Then I rebooted, entered the game, the graphics at first was poor because it was defaulting to the Software settings for the graphics. To correct this just select the Options tab and choose the 3D setting and I also set the video setting to 1024 x768, this is the view you will see when a Replay Shot is selected or automatically replayed. Following this, I rebooted, entered the game and after about 30ish seconds the game came on without the 2 opening short videos of IT'S IN THE GAME and a blank screen. Not needed or necessary in my opinion. I can honestly say that the graphics and game displays and runs better than when I used it on Windows XP SP2.

So, that is all from me and hope that it helps someone run and enjoy the game. 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 5.57 MB

Page of 3
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
rgaps,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - TW08 and WIN10 help - Page 2 Loaded in 0.313 seconds
Wednesday, April 24, 2024 @ 1:49:08 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.