Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

JamBoz89
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/21/1971 (52)

Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 9:59:28 AM | IP Logged

I recently got a new PC and have installed TW08 on here along with the TW Caddie, my problem is that when I click the TW Caddie to launch I get error messages saying the golf game is not installed properly on the computer. I've tried to uninstall & reinstall both items and I still get the error messages. It also says there are no stock courses or libraries. Any suggestions on why I may be getting these messages? Thanks. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 10:04:43 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 10:14:00 AM

Hiya what system are you using ?

Xp or vista or win7 or win8 ?

Some help below, be sure to install the correct version of TWCaddie (;32 or 64bit version). You will also have to run TWCaddie08 as administrator on Win7 or Win8 or Vista.
Follow instructions below:

To install Tw08 courses, you need automatic installer: TWCaddie08

Below is some TWCaddie08 help, when you are using Win7 or Win8 or Vista.
Instructions below are for Win7, but same for Win8 or Vista.

First you have to know you have win7 32..... or win7 64 installed on your PC.
Below is link how you can find that info about win7:

http://windows7themes.net/what-windows-version-do-i-have-32-or-64.html

(;or on desktop go to: Start....Control panel...system and security...and click: System )

When you found out go to TWCaddie08 download page on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=1&gameid=11

(; Or on top of Coursedownloads homepage go to section: Utilities.....Utilities and files for TW08....Course installation tools )

On that page you will see 2 download links:

when you have win7 32.... download this one:
TW Caddie 08 v1.5

when you have win7 64... download this one:

TW Caddie 08 x64 Beta

When you downloaded the zipfile, first extract or unzip the zipfile, and dubble click the file: setup.exe
When you installed TWCaddie08 correct you will have TWCaddie08 icon on your desktop.

When you are using Win7 or Win8 or Vista, you have to run TWCaddie08 as administrator:

On desktop right click TWCaddie08 icon and choose: Properties......Compatibility....and on bottom check box: Run as administrator

And hit: Apply 

JamBoz89
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 10:31:23 AM | IP Logged

edited by: JamBoz89 on Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 10:33:00 AM

hi Gun, im using windows 8 & a 64 bit op system. So I want to d/l the 8x64 version? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 10:41:09 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 10:46:00 AM

Yes for a 64bit system you need: TW Caddie 08 x64 Beta
When installed, right click the TWCaddie08 icon on your desktop, and choose: Properties....Compatibilty...and on bottom check box: Run as administrator...and hit: Apply

Option: When you don t have the icon on your desktop, you can also go to: C:\Program Files\CourseDownloads.com\TW Caddie 08 - Vista 64
And you can do the administrator thing on the TWCaddie08 icon you will find there. 

JamBoz89
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 4:55:29 PM | IP Logged

ok Gun it works and has courses on it, now all I need to do is transfer all my custom courses and libraries from my external hard drive to the TW Caddie. Once again i'm having trouble with that, could I do a drag & drop the course file to the TW Caddie and it would be installed then? Not sure how to do that. Thanks 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 12:10:43 PM | IP Logged

Hi....no you can t just drag and drop your courses and libraries, it will not work.
You will have to reinstall all libraries and courses with TWCaddie08.
This is the fastest way to do it:

1. on your old system go to the libraries folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Libraries
Now make a big zipfile of the folder: Libraries
Note: when you have more then 100 libraries in the folder libraries, try to split it in 4 zipfiles:
After that on your new system install the libraries zipfiles in Tw08 with TWCaddie08.

2. on your old system go to the Courses folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Courses
Now make a big zipfile of the folder: Courses
Note: when you have more then 50 Courses in the folder Courses, try to split it in 4 zipfiles:
After that on your new system install the Courses zipfiles in Tw08 with TWCaddie08.

Inmportant note: First install all the libraries zipfiles, at last install the courses zipfiles, or you will receive messages of missing libraries.

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Help with TW Caddie - Page 1 Loaded in 0.219 seconds
Friday, May 17, 2024 @ 7:44:59 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.