Installing courses-W7 64
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

singingolfer
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 3:50:48 PM | IP Logged

I checked the info re installing games, and downloaded Ballybunion, Augusta 2004 and 2008, and Shinnecock Hills. They're sitting on my HD as compressed files, and Augusta 2008 shows up in TW 2004 in the courses menu, but won't play; it prompts me to insert the courses disc which is already present. It looks like I missed a step; is it TW 08 Caddie that I need? Will it work in W7 64?
I have TW 04, 05, 06, 07, and 08. Is there one or more of these games that works better with Coursedownloads courses than the others?
Thanks for unsticking me!  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 at 11:57:40 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 12:03:00 PM

Yes you need TWCaddie08 to install courses in TW08.
It will work on Win7 64bit, but on Win7 you will have to run TWCaddie08 as administrator, follow instructions below:

1.....To install Tw08 courses in TW08, you need automatic installer: TWCaddie08
Below is some TWCaddie08 help, when you are using Win7 or Win8 or Vista.
Instructions are for Win7, but same for Win8 or Vista.

First you have to know you have win7 32..... or win7 64 installed on your PC.
Below is link how you can find that info about win7:

http://windows7themes.net/what-windows-version-do-i-have-32-or-64.html

(;or on desktop go to: Start....Control panel...system and security...and click: System )

When you found out go to TWCaddie08 download page on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=1&gameid=11

(; Or on top of Coursedownloads homepage go to section: Utilities.....Utilities and files for TW08....Course installation tools )

On that page you will see 2 download links:

when you have win7 32.... download this one:
TW Caddie 08 v1.5

when you have win7 64... download this one:
TW Caddie 08 x64 Beta

When you downloaded the TWCaddie08 zipfile, first extract or unzip the zipfile, and dubble click the file: Setup.exe
When you installed TWCaddie08 correct you will find a TWCaddie08 icon on your desktop.

When you are using Win7 or Win8 or Vista, you have to run TWCaddie08 as administrator:

On desktop right click TWCaddie08 icon and choose: Properties......Compatibility....and on bottom check box: Run as administrator

And hit: Apply

2.....When you are playing TW07 or older, you can use the automatic installer CLsetup:
For TW07 you need automatic installer CLsetup07
For TW06 you need automatic installer CLsetup06
On your desktop: Right click the CLsetup icon...choose properties.......Compatibility....and on bottom check box: Run as administrator
And hit: Apply

3.In TW08 you can play TW08 custom courses
Most TW07 custom courses will work in TW08, and some of the TW06 custom courses will work in TW08. (; It is a bit trial and error ).
TW05 or older courses will not work in TW08. 

singingolfer
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 at 3:08:36 PM | IP Logged

Thx for the detailed post. However even with TW Caddie installed and unzipped I still can't get the courses into my TW 2008 game to play. For openers, I'm prompted by the site that I've exceeded the 1024 k allowed for zipping the downloads, BUT I reset my account after failing to dl the libraries successfully the first time. SO I'm here with TW Caddie on my pc, and excess data in my account, stuck again. Is there a forum host who can check and clean up my data so I can start over? Is there something else I'm not doing? I also tried to drag the files to TW Caddie that I already have on my pc for the new courses, and that didn't work. Finally, does TW Caddie autoinstall and run the course data after I dl it? In other words, when I create and dl a zip file of a course and libraries, does TW Caddie recognize and install those files in TW 2008? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 at 3:15:13 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 3:40:00 PM

Yes you can do that.
It is good idea to sync your libraries:

On desktop dubble click TWCaddie08 icon.
inside on top go to: Options..... Coursedownloads.com....Sync MyLibraries
Ad Coursedownloads username and password.....and hit: Start
This way all required libraries will be added in your Create Myzip file when you download a course.
When done try to install a course with the CreatMyzip feature, it should work.

There are 2 options, you can choose what you like:

1.When you download with the create Myzip file, and you choose: open...then TWCaddie08 will install the course and all required libraries automatic.
2.When you download with the create Myzip file, and you choose: Save as...then the create myzipfile will be saved on your system. Now just dubble click the saved CreatMyzipfile on your pc, and everything will be installed automatic. 

singingolfer
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 7:22:52 PM | IP Logged

So far after 10 hours or so online I have downloaded Augusta 2008 to TW 2008 using TW Caddie. It still won't play, because 3 libraries are still missing: fences and walls, bird sounds, and buildings (they show up as 'False' on the list of courses and libraries). No matter where I look on the website, I can't find those libraries! Help! 

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 7:31:05 PM | IP Logged

there right here. : http://www.coursedownloads.com/coursesource/download.asp?id=6908 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 1:58:01 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 2:13:00 AM

When you are on the Augusta download page, at right side you will see a list with all required libraries.
In the list you will find the missing libraries. In the list, just click on the missing library name (; click on text ), and you can download the library.

When downloaded: Just dubble click the library inside the
zipfile, and TWCaddie08 will install the missing library. 

singingolfer
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 2:01:47 PM | IP Logged

Thanks. The course works! Shinnecock is next. Good job, guys. 

singingolfer
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 5:11:27 PM | IP Logged

Installed Shinnecock Hills; installed 9 libraries; checked that all 9 were "True". Started the game, opened the course, and got a logo, then conditions, then the loading screen. Then I got a prompt that "TW 2008 has stopped and has to close. Windows will notify you if a solution is found". Closed the game, did some other things, then went back into the game and started a casual game on a stock course (Dubsdread). Then I started Augusta, which played perfectly. Then back to Shinnecock, which made TW crash again- same prompt. Any ideas? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 at 11:52:27 AM | IP Logged

When all libraries say True, then the installation of the course is ok.
Several people had problems with this course, it is just a very tough course to render for your system.
It is a Hyno course, his courses are very good, but some of his courses are very hard to load for TW08.

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Installing courses-W7 64 - Page 1 Loaded in 0.203 seconds
Friday, May 17, 2024 @ 4:03:23 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.