Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

BrucMan
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 10:16:34 AM | IP Logged

Everyone,

I recently purchased a new laptop with a Windows 8.1 operating system. Tiger Woods 08 runs beautifully, except for the water textures, but that's not what I'm writing about.

I have loaded Kapalua 06 from the TW06 courses disk. The course loaded fine except for the flag and ambient sounds.

The logo, splash screen and text loaded by clicking on the course name in the Caddy. The course flag.dds did not. Same thing happened when I attempted to load the flabg.dds from the Kapalua course properties.

Is anyone familiar with the problem and what to do about it? How about the ambient sounds file?

Thanks for your help.

Brucman 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 11:33:27 AM | IP Logged

Hiya....

For the sounds try this:
On TW08 startscreen go to: Game modes.....custom game....Advanced ( the cup icon on top )
Tournament atmosphere: PGA Tour
And check box: Use tournament audio

To have the water reflections:
You will have to set shader level: low ( or medium ). That should fix the water problem.
Start TW08...on main screen go to: Options.....Graphics....and set graphics to: manual settings
Now you will see: Shader level....set shader level: Low ( or medium ). 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 12:48:34 PM | IP Logged

you should also install the cls folder from the original location for sounds other than default ones, and any other course life system (cls) items like birds etc

probably easier to copy the entire Kap folder from the install disk

zip it

then use your installer to install from the zip file

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

BrucMan
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 2:17:15 PM | IP Logged

Gunpowder and JB,

I discovered that, if you copy and paste all the files from the courses disk KAP file, after you have installed the .TCR file from the courses disk, everything loads.

Gunpowder, the shader doesn't seem to have any effect on the water. It just appears in that bunched up non reflective form you often see in the ocean of custom curses like Cypress Point.

Don't know whether there's any way to change it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Brucman 

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Loading 06 flags into 08 - Page 1 Loaded in 0.125 seconds
Friday, May 17, 2024 @ 4:23:00 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.