Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 at 10:02:57 PM | IP Logged

Well with EA's annoucement that Tiger Woods will no longer be the namesake and cover athlete of thier golf game, I figured I'd let everyone know what that means for this site.

NOTHING! - Since 2006 when EA effectivley decided to say screw you to the people that helped build thier brand, we have witnessed several failures by EA Sports. The 2008 game came with no installer or support for custom courses, this was seen at the time as a way for EA to move players to the next gen console games and introduce DLC at a price. Then came Tiger Woods Online, which by all accounts was a massive failure and shut it's doors sometime in the last year.

I have effictivley quit playing the game, only because EA droped support for this and all other TW Golf communities. They went so far out of thier way to make the game what they wanted instead of what we wanted, it quit being fun. Great business descion on thier part, they sold almost 800 million dollars in games and at the same time failed miserabbly in tapping into a market they had almost cornered.

I see several games that through the work of modders and very talented programmers have succeeded to take the same game and make it so populare that people rush out to buy the next installment only so they can download the new toys that will become available. But mainly, those people buy the game because they see that the manufacturer realizes how important it is to continue to improve and those gamers want to support those companies.

I'm really not sure what will come from EA's descion to drop TW from the cover but I do know we have a very detailed EULA from EA Sports that allows us to host and create courses from now until the end of time. Because of gamers like you all this site will be around for a very long time to come. Thank You all. 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 1:37:38 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the update Kevin :) 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 2:36:17 PM | IP Logged

THANKS VERY MUCH for the update Kevin...great to hear

dawg8/Steve 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 9:55:22 PM | IP Logged

I am hoping that this change in some way changes the strategy of EA in creating new golf games in the future. 

777theangel
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 12:32:21 AM | IP Logged

I don't care if EA (ever) to make another golf game. even though I am collecting all of their golf games because. I would like to see a new golf franchise better than EA or least a golf game made by another company that somehow resembles what EA used to do with their games. for years I can agree EA made some great golf games but I can say some could have been better. I am also a member of the sims mod the sims community and everyone is somewhat disagreeing at what EA has finally turned into. which is a bunch of greedy pass packers.

however I do wish that some of their old software could be produced in a factory though. i love EA's golf games. 

watchmankb62
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 1:51:19 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 3:51:00 PM

EA sports set of greedy people , the golf club might be the way forward , ea wont get my money on any of there games, sold us out 

mrdew
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 6/7/1952 (71)

Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 3:02:19 PM | IP Logged

trying to get back in the golf4fun tour it shows me in data base but can't log into site
can anyone help me on this? mr dew  

argon
General Member
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/26/1987 (36)

Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 3:09:57 PM | IP Logged

edited by: argon on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 3:10:00 PM

mrdew said:
"trying to get back in the golf4fun tour it shows me in data base but can''t log into site
can anyone help me on this? mr dew"

This thread was started 2 years ago, you need to Private Message Jo Summer he runs golf4 fun tour
or start a new topic in the general forum 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 3:45:10 PM | IP Logged

I think this is mail to contact Jo:

jo.summer@golf-4fun.org

Leo 1
General Member
No User Image
Austria

Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 6:06:42 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Leo 1 on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 6:08:00 PM

Hello!

I dont know if I''m right here?
I play the TG 08 on Win7 and have done all challenges on the hexa plate. but now nothing is opened for the second level? why? as I remember on an other PC there was opend e second level with new challenges. does anybody know what''s wrong?

Thanks community and excuse my bad english.

p.s.: also other cours loading didnt work.Because the TW Caddy 08 had always error. 

netbudin
General Member
No User Image
Norway

Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 11:19:14 AM | IP Logged

Awesome, like this site very much 

There are 1 active members online
Gerinski,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Tiger Woods Golf - No More - Page 1 Loaded in 0.531 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 6:21:53 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.