Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

ShadowDW
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/21/1975 (49)

Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 8:15:45 PM | IP Logged

Im going to post here and over at GFF as well about an issue with the TWCaddie using the Windows 8 OS. I d/l'd the 64-bit version of the caddie and am running it in compatibility mode, as it wasn't recognizing any of the stock courses without it. I have tried using the Vista version and the Win7 versions, and both show only the stock library tcl's, but none of the new libraries I am installing for custom courses. Even though I have installed the libraries, the caddie cannot install the course because it still believes that the libraries are not installed, because they are not showing up, despite the caddie having JUST installed them.
Anyone that can give any assistance to this (either here or at GFF) would be greatly appreciated.

FYI: UAC is turned off and all admin privileges have been granted, including to all file paths (which was initially an issue). The caddie seems to be the issue and I have changed the file installation path in the properties yet it still does not show correctly.  

ShadowDW Signature

May the darkness guide you ...

ShadowDW
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 8:16:43 PM | IP Logged

Another image for FYI purposes:

ShadowDW Signature

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 5:13:32 AM | IP Logged

Hiya.....

Below is some help, follow steps below, you have to download the correct version of TWCaddie08, and you have to run TWCaddie08 as administrator.
I have a feeling you forgot to do the step: Run as administrator...see help below:

To install Tw08 courses, you need automatic installer: TWCaddie08

Below is some TWCaddie08 help, when you are using Win7 or Win8 or Vista.
Instructions are for Win7, but same for Win8 or Vista.

First you have to know you have win7 32..... or win7 64 installed on your PC.
Below is link how you can find that info about win7:

http://windows7themes.net/what-windows-version-do-i-have-32-or-64.html

(or on desktop go to: Start....Control panel...system and security...and click: System )

When you found out go to TWCaddie08 download page on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/extras/category.asp?id=1&gameid=11

( Or on top of Coursedownloads homepage go to section: Utilities.....Utilities and files for TW08....Course installation tools )

On that page you will see 2 download links:

when you have win7 32.... download this one:
TW Caddie 08 v1.5

when you have win7 64... download this one:

TW Caddie 08 x64 Beta

When you installed TWCaddie08 correct you will have TWCaddie08 icon on your desktop.

When you are using Win7 or Win8 or Vista, you have to run TWCaddie08 as administrator:

On desktop right click TWCaddie08 icon and choose: Properties......Compatibility....and on bottom check box: Run as administrator

And hit: Apply

ShadowDW
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:47:42 AM | IP Logged

Ok, after much discussion with Gunpower (and I thank him very much for his assistance with this matter), I have figured out much with the TWCaddie and the Windows 8 OS.

First things first, Gunpower informed me that when you install the TWCaddie (make sure of proper version, 32-bit or 64-bit), it is supposed to automatically create a "Libraries" folder when you install custom libraries with the Caddie. However, when I installed and used the Caddie, it did not make this folder, it still wanted to use the default "Courses" folder that the TW08 game creates. So you may need to ensure (AFTER the following) that this folder is indeed created and if it is not, you will have to create a "Libraries" folder yourself and then uninstall/reinstall your TWCaddie for it to use as a default location.

Secondly, DO NOT change the default file paths (unless you know what you are doing), as they *should* work properly when you install the Caddie.

And lastly, when you transfer your old library and course folders from your older systems/drives, the TWCaddie (and this is for the 64-bit version ... I am unsure if this is true for the 32-bit version, which could possibly be a lower threshold) has a 2GB file size limit that it will recognize. So when you package up your libraries and courses, be sure to keep your file sizes UNDER 2GB, as it will not do anything with files over this amount.

I want to thank Gunpower for helping me with this issue and here is to hoping this will help any future Windows 8 users :). Happy golfing everyone. 

ShadowDW Signature

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - TWCaddie and Windows 8 Issue - Page 1 Loaded in 0.203 seconds
Friday, May 17, 2024 @ 5:36:05 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.