help
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

davefv92c
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 10:13:57 AM | IP Logged

edited by: davefv92c on Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 10:15:00 AM more info

yesterday i downloaded tw08 from office depot every thing was working great till i installed the twcaddy it would not let me install courses kept giving me a fit error,so axe pointed me to the forums and im not real techy.but when i downloaded the current version of net framework i think it messed something up,after that i can not even get the 08 program to open and it hangs up my computer,i have uninstalled the caddy,the net fame work,and 08 and threw all out went and redownloaded 08 so far 3 times and i still get the same.when i uninstall it and try to reinstall from the download folder and i get an ..\tiger_2008_na.viv file not found that is why i have had to download it 3 times so far this morning. i have a new download but have yet to run it till i can find out what is up. you guys have a great thing going on here as all the folks i know that use youre site are real happy.but at this point in time i would just like to get the game running again,i will deal with the course downloads later.

im running windows 7 on an I7 with 10gb of ram
also everything else on my computer is running great
i also have a high speed connection

TIA 

baddog_3095
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 10:27:34 AM | IP Logged

edited by: baddog_3095 on Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 10:31:00 AM

Did you run it as administrator? Right click on shortcut,then clcik on properties,then compatibility down at bottom says Priviledge Level Select Run this program as an administrator Apply then Ok Hope this helps

davefv92c
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 10:32:13 AM | IP Logged

sure did even when i first downloaded it 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 12:22:22 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 1:17:00 PM

Hiya, in the worst case you can try to do a system restore.
You can try to restore your Pc to a previous point just before you updated the Netframe work.

Also be sure to download the correct version of TWCaddie08.
There is a version for 32 bit systems and a version for 64 bit systems.
Some more help on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=8478&forum=32 

davefv92c
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 1:34:30 PM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"Hiya, in the worst case you can try to do a system restore.
You can try to restore your Pc to a previous point just before you updated the Netframe work.

Also be sure to download the correct version of TWCaddie08.
There is a version for 32 bit systems and a version for 64 bit systems.
Some more help on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=8478&forum=32"

No help there as when I tried the restore I crashed. on tablet now creating a back up
I have had this computer since 2011 and never had any problems like this.starting to wonder. If it is even worth messing with 08 

davefv92c
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 4:41:18 PM | IP Logged

well i ended up having to reformat and the backup that took a bunch of time to make would not even work,oh well good thing i have 2 different mail programs so i now downloading 08 again im crossing my fingers i don't have any problems this time thanks for the help gunpower 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 at 12:07:56 PM | IP Logged

Hiya Dave...

Good luck with installation. When you have a newer pc with win7 or win8, you dont have to update Net framework.
The post in forum about Net framework was pointed to members with an older system. 

davefv92c
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 at 1:42:14 PM | IP Logged

like i said im not to techy,but i can tear about any motorcycle down to the ground and put er back together again.lol we all have our special talents. anyway no time right now but i have downloaded the caddy again and i have it on my desktop and im wondering if i could get one of you admins on the phone and give me a hand getting it installed the right way sometime?

TIA 

okeyesten
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/25/1963 (60)

Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 at 4:01:50 PM | IP Logged

Over the last couple of days I installed, uninstalled TW08 and the Caddie 3 times having the same issues. I finally figured out the whole "run as administrator" nonsense. I've not played in a few years, but geez it seemed it use to be a lot easier to get things going on the ole XP....lol. Just be sure after you install the caddie to go to the installation folder, right click the application, and do the "run as administrator" thing. Mine wouldn't work at all until then, now it smooth. 

okeyesten Signature

Sam McClanahan
a.k.a okeyesten

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 at 4:09:47 PM | IP Logged

There are 2 versions of TWCaddie08 ( 32bit and 64 bit ),you have to install the correct version, some more help on link below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=8478&forum=32 

davefv92c
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 at 6:59:20 PM | IP Logged

wow i got it working now,first time i tried this site a few years back i could not get it to work instead of pursing it through i just gave up now i could kick myself in the butt.
this place is great.just got done playing Larrys Vegas course what a treat and now there are just so many to try i hope i don't pop a vein in my forehead tryin to figure out which one next.lol im on disability from a work place accident but i will be making a little donation tonight and every now and again will do more. from what i see you guys are doing the PC golf world a great service thanks and im very pleased.keep up the great work all you website people,and lets not forget the guys that spend so much of their time building these courses. 

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Friday, May 24, 2013 at 9:11:51 PM | IP Logged

Gr8 news Dave! :) 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 7:01:38 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 7:03:00 AM

Yes very good news.
Also don t forget to do the confidence folder fix:

When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open the folder.
For win7: on desktop folder: User.....My Documents
2) Inside My documents,look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn.... delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size. Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties. Check the box next to Read Only and click OK. Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file.  

davefv92c
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 9:44:44 AM | IP Logged

done is this something that will also speed things up for people using stock courses,or just for folks with the twcaddy?

thanks
Gunpower61 said:
"Yes very good news.
Also don t forget to do the confidence folder fix:

When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open the folder.
For win7: on desktop folder: User.....My Documents
2) Inside My documents,look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn.... delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size. Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties. Check the box next to Read Only and click OK. Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file."

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 9:56:48 AM | IP Logged

All people should do this confidence folder fix.
It is a general bug in the TW08 game, the loading times between holes will grow after each hole you played.
After a few months the game will crash and you will have to reinstall TW08.
The confidence folder fix will fix this problem. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (36)

Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 10:58:23 AM | IP Logged

It's an EA Sports mess up. 

There are 2 active members online
Bobby Bolin, gene1949,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - help - Page 1 Loaded in 0.266 seconds
Friday, May 17, 2024 @ 6:12:24 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.