CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - fixing the "EA shot"? where only the shooter sees - Page 1

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
fixing the "EA shot"? where only the shooter sees
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

TranzMembrif
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 7/9/1946 (77)

Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 10:01:00 AM | IP Logged

Sometimes you see your own shot go in but the other players on the hole see it land say 15 feet away. We call this the "EA shot". It can be frustrating to both the shooter and to the other players. Yesterday I heard there's some file tweak (maybe similar to making Confidence read-only) that can fix this. So everyone sees the same thing. Anyone know? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 11:48:04 AM | IP Logged

Not sure about the tweak, but maybe you will find some info below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=8570&forum=11 

TranzMembrif
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 1:40:08 PM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"Not sure about the tweak, but maybe you will find some info below:

http://www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=8570&forum=11"

Thanks for the link. For anyone reading, what you'll see at that link is jbcalg (who should know) saying:

"usually indicates internet lag between players
each players game 'guesses' where the shot will land and renders (draws) the result based on the data received

data slows down etc - then wrong drawing happens

using ready play by a player will also make different results seen at times".

HMMM, the internet lag seems to fit my evidence. Of the 2 players I know who get these "EA shots" most often...

1. is in Germany, playing US-based players
2. is on dial-up in the wilds of Minnesota

So if it's the lag I think the programmers' hands were tied by the marketers' schedule and couldn't get this as fine-tuned as possible.

We don't play Readyplay. I'm on pretty fast wired Verizon DSL here in Mass, on a modern fast CPU/graphics rig, but when watching other players I almost always hear the whack of their club a second or two before I see the shot. And then too conferencing on Skype during a round I often hear others say nice shot or putt to someone else a couple of seconds before I see the shot. On my own shots of course every audiovisual is in sync.

I'm still waiting to hear if anyone has a tweak...

TranzMembrif
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 12:42:02 PM | IP Logged

TranzMembrified said:
"[QUOTE=Gunpower61]the internet lag seems to fit my evidence.
"

Something else crossed my mind about this lag. Could the lag problem be not so much about the network and more about what different players have set in Options/Game? I know Readyplay's been mentioned but what about things like Shot Reaction Motions or True Swing Analyser? With those ON the electrons have a little more to do and thus even on a level network playing field maybe there could be lag? 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 6:46:46 AM | IP Logged

I dont think those settings will have influence on the lag.

But there is another factor that is important on online play:
Some courses are released (V1), and a few days later they got fixed by the designer, and realeased as V2.
Now when 2 players play this course, and player 1 is using course V1, and the other player is using V2, it will result that both players will see different things.
Example: the architect changes a few pin positions on the greens on V2
Now the first player will see his ball go in the hole, this info will be send to the second player, but he will not see the ball go in the hole, because his flag is on other pin position.

TranzMembrif
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Monday, November 7, 2011 at 2:51:32 PM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"
Now when 2 players play this course, and player 1 is using course V1, and the other player is using V2, it will result that both players will see different things.
"

Hmmm, I wouldn't have guessed that a V1 and V2 could play together unless maybe the architect left the same exact name on V2. Is there much of that? 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Monday, November 7, 2011 at 9:06:59 PM | IP Logged

edited by: jbcalg on Monday, November 7, 2011 at 9:07:00 PM

its not that the name is the same only

its whether the designer changed the course properties, and source file name properly so that the GUID (;a windows registry reference) is different

2 courses, or libraries, that have been updated/changed - but not done properly so the GUID changes - can both be used/played at the same time, even though there may be differences 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

thekid1435
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/23/1954 (69)

Posted: Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 9:02:18 PM | IP Logged

I just started getting ea balls but the strange thing is I almost always get them on the first hole and the 10th hole if we set a front 9 and then a back nine..almost every time it will be on the 1 st or 10th unless either is a par 5 then it will happen on the next par 4.. 

thekid1435 Signature

tee time

Philo_Beddoe
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 at 9:25:08 AM | IP Logged

Funny thing is some players cry "EA Gift" when playing a LAN or Game Ranger match. These "Gifts" work both ways though. On your screen (shooter) it may not go in while it does on the opponent's screen and vice versa. I have experienced it many times where an opponent will comment "NB" or "NE" because my shot went in on their screen but not mine.

I never say to anyone they received an "EA Gift" to me it is silly and unsportsmanlike.  

There are 1 active members online
chipgill,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - fixing the "EA shot"? where only the shooter sees - Page 1 Loaded in 0.359 seconds
Friday, May 3, 2024 @ 5:54:24 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.