CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - OK - got the new one (about an hour ago) - Page 1

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : Discuss Tiger Woods Pga Tour 2010 Online
OK - got the new one (about an hour ago)
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

cms659
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/14/1959 (64)

Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 12:26:14 AM | IP Logged

Did play one round on the new beta thus far (incidently - if you played previous beta's - your are back to zero as far as the "swing trainer"). Other than some changes cosmetically to the website, and yes I will say the game itself does seem to move a bit faster (hole loading times, etc), having played all of the previous beta's on a pretty regular basis, to me there is not too much different in this one. Of course I will continue to play and explore, but I looked for some things specifically.

When I have filled out the survey's at the end of each beta, EA has asked specific questions. While there has been some (very little to me) improvement since the first release, this game is still falling well short of being anything that given the "anticipated" price they are going to charge for it (on an annual basis) that I would even consider purchasing. Quite frankly, having played everything since 2002 (yes - I realize some of you have been around since 1999 or whenever), I'm really disappointed at the effort being put forth on this game (the basis for that is the steady improvement that the PC game made through the years).

Maybe when all this Beta testing is over for the online game, we are going to see a "shocker" on the final release and all will be well, but right now, I don't see it. 

cms659 Signature

Chuck
CDT Staff

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 9:21:39 PM | IP Logged

Thanks cms659

For the update, but for me with bad experince I had with my STEAM ACCOUNT
for Half-Life 2. I'll never do that type of online thing again. In fact
I went to the SteamPowered Site to update my e-mail address for another FPS
that needs to have a Steam account. But it was a nitemare to attempt to find
a way to update....no way to contact them or a way to update. I find this
very offensive...nothing bets a DISK IN HAND...RIGHT ???

Anyway THANKS again for the update cms659

dawg8 

cms659
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 10:31:29 PM | IP Logged

dawg8 said:
"Thanks cms659

For the update, but for me with bad experince I had with my STEAM ACCOUNT
for Half-Life 2. I'll never do that type of online thing again. In fact
I went to the SteamPowered Site to update my e-mail address for another FPS
that needs to have a Steam account. But it was a nitemare to attempt to find
a way to update....no way to contact them or a way to update. I find this
very offensive...nothing bets a DISK IN HAND...RIGHT ???

Anyway THANKS again for the update cms659

dawg8"

My pleasure - I've got a 1/2 dozen rounds in or so now - they have added an "experience points" thing that elevates your abilities a bit quicker - but I don't mind saying it - I'm still really disappointed with where this thing is at - especially after 5 betas. They've got along way to go. 

cms659 Signature

Chuck
CDT Staff

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 at 8:20:34 AM | IP Logged

edited by: DivotMaker on Friday, December 18, 2009 at 8:24:00 AM

cms659 said:
"Did play one round on the new beta thus far (;incidently - if you played previous betas - your are back to zero as far as the swing trainer). Other than some changes cosmetically to the website, and yes I will say the game itself does seem to move a bit faster (;hole loading times, etc), having played all of the previous betas on a pretty regular basis, to me there is not too much different in this one. Of course I will continue to play and explore, but I looked for some things specifically.

"

Try playing with Advanced or Expert Aiming and let us know. My scores have increased by 10-12 strokes per round with this Beta (;after 12 rounds), so to suggest that little has changed, cant say I agree with that.

As usual, opinions do vary.... 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

cms659
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 at 9:03:34 AM | IP Logged

DivotMaker said:
"
cms659 said:
"Did play one round on the new beta thus far (incidently - if you played previous betas - your are back to zero as far as the swing trainer). Other than some changes cosmetically to the website, and yes I will say the game itself does seem to move a bit faster (hole loading times, etc), having played all of the previous betas on a pretty regular basis, to me there is not too much different in this one. Of course I will continue to play and explore, but I looked for some things specifically.

"

Try playing with Advanced or Expert Aiming and let us know. My scores have increased by 10-12 strokes per round with this Beta (after 12 rounds), so to suggest that little has changed, cant say I agree with that.

As usual, opinions do vary...."

Yea I suppose they will - in the rounds I've played - I'm a couple strokes better (no where near 10-12 though and I'm thinking it's just because of my experience with the game growing - not because of anything EA did).

At any rate, while there has been "some" progress since the first Beta release - I'm still greatly disappointed with several aspects - enough so that it remains on my "do-not-buy" list (actually right now it's on my "do-not-even-consider-buying-this-thing" list). 

cms659 Signature

Chuck
CDT Staff

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 at 9:09:33 AM | IP Logged

cms659 said:
"

Yea I suppose they will - in the rounds I've played - I'm a couple strokes better (no where near 10-12 though and I'm thinking it's just because of my experience with the game growing - not because of anything EA did).

At any rate, while there has been "some" progress since the first Beta release - I'm still greatly disappointed with several aspects - enough so that it remains on my "do-not-buy" list (actually right now it's on my "do-not-even-consider-buying-this-thing" list)."

I have played EVERY Beta and this one is FAR more challenging to me personally, but I will say I only play Pro and TOUR Pro Tournaments with Advanced or Expert aiming. I have years of experience with TW PC, so I think I am familiar with improved challenge.

Sorry you feel that way about TWO. It may not be for everyone. Perhaps someday, the game will continue to evolve into the kind of game you would be interested in. 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

cms659
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 at 9:19:07 AM | IP Logged

DivotMaker said:
"
cms659 said:
"

At any rate, while there has been "some" progress since the first Beta release - I'm still greatly disappointed with several aspects - enough so that it remains on my "do-not-buy" list (actually right now it's on my "do-not-even-consider-buying-this-thing" list)."

I have played EVERY Beta and this one is FAR more challenging to me personally, but I will say I only play Pro and TOUR Pro Tournaments with Advanced or Expert aiming. I have years of experience with TW PC, so I think I am familiar with improved challenge.

Sorry you feel that way about TWO. It may not be for everyone. Perhaps someday, the game will continue to evolve into the kind of game you would be interested in."

Ohhh - don't get me wrong - I'm going to give them a fair chance (I'm just referring to current state of it) and keep playing the Beta's and look for improvement in each one - I do all of the survey stuff at the end of each Beta (the ones they asked at the end of the last one seemed to be indicating they were beginning to ask the right questions). For the record, I too, have played every Beta on this thing.

On a lighter note (this is an old reference that people were using, I know - and it's not called that - but anyway) - for those who were referencing TW 2010 for PC - just shorten that to TW 10 - the final release maybe will be that (after 9 Beta releases the way it's going). 

cms659 Signature

Chuck
CDT Staff

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 at 11:39:39 AM | IP Logged

First of all, you have played all of the public betas...there have been two private betas as well.

Secondly, the game is called Tiger Woods Online....there are currently no plans to add a year to the title as this is a continually evolving game, even post-release...

Minor details in the scheme of things.... 

DivotMaker Signature

cms659
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 at 12:07:30 PM | IP Logged

DivotMaker said:
"First of all, you have played all of the public betas...there have been two private betas as well.

Secondly, the game is called Tiger Woods Online....there are currently no plans to add a year to the title as this is a continually evolving game, even post-release...

Minor details in the scheme of things...."

I know it's called TW Online (I prefaced my statement saying exactly that - I was just throwing a little humor into the fact there has been so many Betas since to me anyway, it's really sad that after this many, this thing is in the state that it is in). I know there won't be a year added to the title because of the "evolving" structure of the game. 

cms659 Signature

Chuck
CDT Staff

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 at 12:23:18 PM | IP Logged

I don't think the number of beta's should be an issue, I think they should have as many as it takes.
To me, that isn't a bad thing on their side, it's a good thing, means their going to do however many beta's it takes to get it up to the high quality were accustomed to seeing..:) 

cms659
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 at 12:46:16 PM | IP Logged

axe360 said:
"I don't think the number of beta's should be an issue, I think they should have as many as it takes.
To me, that isn't a bad thing on their side, it's a good thing, means their going to do however many beta's it takes to get it up to the high quality were accustomed to seeing..:)"

You are right - again - I was just throwing a little humor into the mix - that's all. 

cms659 Signature

Chuck
CDT Staff

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 at 12:54:32 PM | IP Logged

I hear ya bud.. 

brandyyy67
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 9:11:15 AM | IP Logged

i was lucky enough to be picked to play in all previose betas both closed and open,went to play this new 1 and all im getting is a demo version with email saying the beta not available to new year is this correct, or have i simply not been selected yet for the current one  

cms659
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 9:52:31 AM | IP Logged

brandyyy67 said:
"i was lucky enough to be picked to play in all previose betas both closed and open,went to play this new 1 and all im getting is a demo version with email saying the beta not available to new year is this correct, or have i simply not been selected yet for the current one"

If you are selected for this Beta you'll get an email as you did in the past. That is how I knew this one was released. 

cms659 Signature

Chuck
CDT Staff

Otto Kriete
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/1/1953 (70)

Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 at 8:24:48 PM | IP Logged

Don't give up hope , yet, m8. SilentApache's in the UK as well, and he got his invite a bit later than those of us in the USA.

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 at 12:18:59 AM | IP Logged

cms659 said:
"Did play one round on the new beta thus far (incidently - if you played previous beta's - your are back to zero as far as the "swing trainer"). Other than some changes cosmetically to the website, and yes I will say the game itself does seem to move a bit faster (hole loading times, etc), having played all of the previous beta's on a pretty regular basis, to me there is not too much different in this one. Of course I will continue to play and explore, but I looked for some things specifically.

When I have filled out the survey's at the end of each beta, EA has asked specific questions. While there has been some (very little to me) improvement since the first release, this game is still falling well short of being anything that given the "anticipated" price they are going to charge for it (on an annual basis) that I would even consider purchasing. Quite frankly, having played everything since 2002 (yes - I realize some of you have been around since 1999 or whenever), I'm really disappointed at the effort being put forth on this game (the basis for that is the steady improvement that the PC game made through the years).

Maybe when all this Beta testing is over for the online game, we are going to see a "shocker" on the final release and all will be well, but right now, I don't see it."

there is a lot of improvement in the gameplay,there are 3 new features,advanced, expert aiming and The Cut,there is a CA to be added at a latter date. 

cms659
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 at 1:11:24 AM | IP Logged

Wow Carn - you remember this post from a month ago - LOL - at any rate - I've played a few rounds on the new open beta and I saw the CA announcement. First, it's fine that they are announcing that a CA will be available at some point in the future, however, before they even think about that, even on this new release, they still have a LONG LONG way to go before that game would be worth spending a dime on.

Think maybe the announcement of the CA could be to take folks mind of the fact that they going to try to get people to invest in a sub-standard product?  

cms659 Signature

Chuck
CDT Staff

There are 0 active members online

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - OK - got the new one (about an hour ago) - Page 1 Loaded in 0.516 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 4:23:20 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.