Initial TW Online Blog
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 at 5:43:48 PM | IP Logged

Why EA Sports decided to go online only with TW for PC....

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/06/19/tiger-woods-pga-tour-online-why-we-created-an-online-only-version-of-tiger.aspx

Keep in mind, there is still a ton of information they have yet to reveal even after this blog entry.... 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 at 7:17:53 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Munroco on Friday, June 19, 2009 at 7:21:00 PM

No mention of Course architect... I wonder why, do you think he forgot?

Hands up all those who think they will keep their servers running for TW08, 07 etc. 

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 at 7:33:54 PM | IP Logged

Read my initial post again....

"Keep in mind, there is still a ton of information they have yet to reveal even after this blog entry.... " 

DivotMaker Signature

Asus Maximus Formula X38 / C2D E6850 / 4 GB DDR 6400 / ATI HD 4870 X2 / WD Raptor 150 GB / Viewsonic VX2835 28 1080p / Logitech Digital 5500 / Vista 32

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 at 9:04:50 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Munroco on Friday, June 19, 2009 at 9:05:00 PM

DivotMaker said:
"Read my initial post again....

Keep in mind, there is still a ton of information they have yet to reveal even after this blog entry...."

Indeed there is, like what happens when people get bored with 1 course per month.

Let me ask you this Tim, Do YOU know whether there will be a CA included. Im not asking you to tell me the answer. Im asking if you know, then presumably EA will know too, and as they havent mentioned it, then it seems unlikely to be included. Im sure EA wouldnt miss the chance to promote their product.

Neil 

Munroco Signature

axe360
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 3/26/1960 (64)

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 at 9:17:58 PM | IP Logged

Nice try Neil. lol 

jbcalg
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 4/1/1969 (55)

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 at 9:54:23 PM | IP Logged

nice try - not really - LOL

Non disclosure means exactly that :) 

jbcalg Signature

========
JBCalg
Self Promotion doesnt make it so
========

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 at 11:43:13 PM | IP Logged

I'm not asking for specific info. Tim keeps telling us there is loads of great stuff coming. Maybe he could also tell us that some great stuff isn't coming.

Whats the the difference?

Neil 

Munroco Signature

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 at 11:57:29 PM | IP Logged

Munroco said:
"

Let me ask you this Tim, Do YOU know whether there will be a CA included. Im not asking you to tell me the answer. Im asking if you know, then presumably EA will know too, and as they havent mentioned it, then it seems unlikely to be included. Im sure EA wouldnt miss the chance to promote their product.

Neil"

Yes, I know the answer to this.... 

DivotMaker Signature

jimi
General Member
No User Image
Netherlands

Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 5:31:19 AM | IP Logged

Tim, this is getting so annoying, lol. Frankly, I'd rather you's shut up altogether. No disrespect, it's just the kind of game you and EA are playing that I don't like at all.  

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 7:44:08 AM | IP Logged

edited by: DivotMaker on Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 7:45:00 AM

jimi said:
"Tim, this is getting so annoying, lol. Frankly, Id rather yous shut up altogether. No disrespect, its just the kind of game you and EA are playing that I dont like at all."

It is not a game and it is the hand EA has dealt me.

If that is what you want, that can be arranged. If you prefer silence from me and have everyone speculate on what is going to happen with the few details that EA has released, then I will just leave this thread and this website alone and let you guys figure it out. Sorry that my participation here has been so annoying, but if that is how you feel, then I wont waste my time here. Your choice. 

DivotMaker Signature

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 2:30:39 PM | IP Logged

I cant believe how rude some people are,just because Tim cant give the info they want. 

don pollard
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1968 (55)

Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 5:38:56 PM | IP Logged

I think what is geting annoying is people arguing with Tim and demanding the information that he cant release yet. I for one appreciate what Tim has told us, I signed up for the beta testing, and am willing to wait to see what comes out. I just want a niec released product, if it takes several more months, so be it. When Tim can say more, I am sure he will. Am I going to let the wait bother me, heck no. Be thankful that we are going to get a new TW. If you dont like the waiting process, dont take it out on TIm, learn how to program yourself and see how fast it gets done. This is just a game, there are alot more important things in life. If your going to get upset over something such as a game, you really need to take a look at your priorities. Tim, keep coming with the info when you can, I for one appreciate your efforts. Peace, Don 

slippery1
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/19/1959 (64)

Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 8:58:31 PM | IP Logged

Low blow jimi, very low. I for one, appreciate what Tim has revealed to us. This is just like the guy that bellyaches about whats on TV, but won't get up and change the channel. There is absolutly NO reason why Tim should have to even think about staying away from this site. Jimi, here's a real simple answer to your dilema....if you are realy that tired of reading the stuff thats being put in the forum concerning this subject, then DON'T READ IT!!! Pretty simple solution huh? 

Danut Golf
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 6/2/1955 (68)

Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 12:31:35 AM | IP Logged

jimi said:
"Tim, this is getting so annoying, lol. Frankly, I'd rather you's shut up altogether. No disrespect, it's just the kind of game you and EA are playing that I don't like at all."

Jimi, don't shoot the messenger. That was a bit out of line, and a bit disrespectful. I understand your frustration. But if it weren't for Tim and the clarifications he is "allowed" to make, you along with most of the rest of us would be much more frustrated than we currently are. I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear in regards t custom courses. If there is no way to create them, I might actually be forced to get that novel on the move again - lol. Hell, retiring with cash is probably overrated anyway.

For all our sakes, I hope there is a course architect, or whatever it might be called, because it would be a shame to miss out on using all those structures you pump out. I don't know ho you do it, but you are a whiz! Anyway,let's all take deep breaths and try another day.

Peace 

Danut Golf Signature

Dont look back - All youll ever get is the dust from the steps before

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 7:02:35 PM | IP Logged

DivotMaker is JUST Passing the information he is given and told he can release. I know theres a lot of anxiouty and speculation towards the release of the game. This site is devoted to making sure its members and visitors get all the information as it becomes available. BUT, there are some things that can not be said until its time. Everyone just relax a little and enjoy the ride. This is the 3rd time Ive went through a new version of this game and in 2002 the same things were happening......WOW, Tim you remember that one over at NCD....lol. In 2002 we didnt even see a screen shot until the were leaked on the forums by a tester. The producer of the game actually came to a fan site to explain and help calm players/designers nerves. I dont want to se the same thing happen again. 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

ChadLegend
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/12/1963 (60)

Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 7:21:37 PM | IP Logged

Over 35,000 members here...EA Sports...pay attention! 

ChadLegend Signature

No one ever says Its only a game when their team is winning.

bobstheboy
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 4/8/1946 (78)

Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 at 9:54:26 AM | IP Logged

Tim

Do not let the mindless small minority stop you posting. The vast majority appreciate your input now and in the past.

Bob 

bobstheboy Signature

The more I practice the luckier I get

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 at 3:11:13 PM | IP Logged

TruBluMich said:
"The producer of the game actually came to a fan site to explain and help calm players/designers nerves. I dont want to se the same thing happen again."

No? I think that would be great. Be nice to quiz someone in the know.

Neil 

Munroco Signature

DivotMaker
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 at 5:45:30 PM | IP Logged

Munroco said:
"
TruBluMich said:
"The producer of the game actually came to a fan site to explain and help calm players/designers nerves. I dont want to se the same thing happen again."

No? I think that would be great. Be nice to quiz someone in the know.

Neil"

If I can't answer questions, what makes you think a Producer is going to answer those same questions?  

DivotMaker Signature

vexxxboy
General Member
No User Image
New Zealand

B-Day: 2/25/1964 (60)

Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 at 8:32:07 PM | IP Logged

This posted today by the producer;

EA_GregRinaldi said
June 22, 2009

Yes, we absolutely plan to have TrueSwing for launch and are sorting out the possibilities of clubs/groups for members.

And bobby, I'm with you...custom courses are a huge benefit of the PC version. I can't talk too much about it right now, but we know our community is passionate about it and it's definitely on our radar... 

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
jabbs0817, nort2,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Initial TW Online Blog - Page 1 Loaded in 0.566 seconds
Thursday, April 25, 2024 @ 11:37:32 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.