CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - For those who want to play a custom course CAREER - Page 1

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
For those who want to play a custom course CAREER
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

lau4sta
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 7:48:36 AM | IP Logged

This will be quite long but many have asked about using custom courses in Career Mode with Tiger Woods PC 2007 and I am going to help those who may want to attempt to set up a career file.

Step One:
You must have Tiger Woods PC 2006 and Tiger Woods PC 2007 Installed on your computer to make this work. You must also have the Career Editor installed in the /bin folder in the Tiger Woods PC 2006 game.

Read the PDF file for Career Editor Once, Twice, Thrice.... Make sure you understand everything about setting up your tournaments and the courses you want to use in the editor.

Step Two:
You are allowed 3 tournaments per month and 4 total Major tournaments in the editor. You should plan out on paper what real season tournaments you want to include. I did this on a sheet of paper and laid out a complete season with the Majors in the appropriate month. You can't have every tournament on the PGA tour so pick out a strategic list and make your choices because these will be used every year for the player you build (Later).

Step Three: Select the courses you want to use for each tournament. You can actually have up to six different courses in one tournament if that is your choice. I was successful using TW07 & TW08 custom courses in the TW07 game so you can select from those potential courses to plan your career season. For Major Tournaments, you can always use Augusta to play the Masters. I made the choice to use 4 different courses for the US Open, British Open, and the PGA. Why, well I wanted this to be a career so I found out what the courses were for the next 4 years and used them so that I would be able to play at least one round on the appropriate course. Your choice....

Step Four: You must install all of your courses for the season (Course Files Only...No need for Libraries) in the TW06 game. Now you have to go through the pain of setting up each tournament in the schedule with conditions, Tour Players, Cut Line, Tournament Type, etc. Note: (Read the PDF file for Career Editor again if needed and keep it close)
TAKE YOUR TIME and set up each tournament correctly if you want this to work. Plan Ahead on paper if needed.

Step Five: You must also install every course needed (With Libraries) in the TW07 game. I would take the time to play a practice round on each course selected just to make sure there are no glitches later on. You may want to go into options just to make sure the graphics is adjusted so that the 08 custom courses work well in the 07 game.

Step Six: Once you have created your career season in TW06 there will be a PGAUser.gcf file created in the TW06 directory listed in the PDF file. That's right follow the path laid out in the Career Editor PDF file. Now just copy and paste that file into the same path and directory but in the TW07 Career Folder. Easy.... Any problems, just read the PDF file again.

Step Seven: You must do this... Create a new player for yourself in the TW07 game and you must make him or her a "PRO" player. When you have the player completed with all the attributes just right and you are ready to save the player, the game will open a dialoge box asking if you want to use the new custom career file... Please answer yes here...
You are now set to use the new career file in the game for the PGA Tour season you created.

Note: This Career file is tied to this one player and will be used each year. You cannot make changes to this file and continue to use the same created player. You can make a new career file but you will have to then make a new player. If you want to play multiple seasons with the same player you must keep the PGAUser.gcf file intact and unchanged. That is why I suggest you plan for a muli-year tournment schedule when you select the courses you want to use.

Have Fun...I'm on my 5 tournament for the year and many thanks to all the fine designers who have provided us with "outstanding" real life courses to play with.

Oh, follow my steps in order. You must make the new player after installing the PGAUser.gcf in the TW07 game. 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 11:01:11 AM | IP Logged

Curious to this set-up.

Did you incorporate any FedEx type of year end events where you imported the schedule from TW06. If so, how did you do it.

Do you have a listing of your schedule and ourses you used.

Thanks. 

lau4sta
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 at 1:23:04 PM | IP Logged

Just for those using TW06 & TW07 for Career Mode:

You can set up the FEDEX tournaments (sort of) in Career Mode by using the required courses in career editor and then setting the requirements to enter the tournament strictly. You will wind up playing the best pros from the calender year you are currently playing if done correctly.

Remember, you can only have a total of 36 tournaments in the career mode each year with a total of 4 majors.

The player you build for the career in TW07 can only use the career mode file built for it. You can edit the file and then play with the same player.

If you have a pretty hot video card that is adaptable to TW07 then most of the TW2008 custom files will work in TW07.

I am now playing TW07 PGA tournaments in Windows 7x64 with no problems.

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 at 5:01:17 PM | IP Logged

Thanks... just a couple of quick things before I do my set-up:

1. What requirement did you use to qualify for the "FedEx" style events.

2. Can you change/edit the Player Tour file to add or imrpove the list that is currently there.

3. When I import the new Tour season and I go look under the "Resume/Tournament" option, the Career records are blank and do no update. Anything I am doing wrong here. 

lau4sta
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 at 5:20:50 PM | IP Logged

1. I think I set Wyndham to be top 40 in a previous PGA event then the next tournament top 20 in a PGA event than top 20 in a major and then top 10 in a major. I think that worked pretty well to get the top players in each event. Not perfect though.

2. Please re-read my setup file. Once you have the career file completed and then copy it into the TW07 folder. You must create a new player to use that file. Once the file is attached to a new player it remains with that player and cannot be edited.
You create the career file in TW06 and then use it forever in TW07 with that one player you attach to the file. NO EDITS.

3. You can continue to refine and edit the career editor file in TW06 with new courses and new conditions but when you copy the file into TW07 you must create a brand new player to use it and start the career over again. I don't like that part either but I didn't create the game with these limitations. You must always create a new player to use a new career file. Once the player is attached to a career file, you can't make changes.

3. If you import/copy a new career file into TW07, you must create a new player to use it and start a new career. If you did what you said you must start over a new player and career... Sorry for the confusion if that's what you tried.

There is somewhere a special list of players, check in topics and do a search. I think there were two complete sets, one in which the top players would end a tournament at -15 and one set where the top players would end at -25. That is a pretty good set to use in the setups. You can use the -25 set for regular tournaments and the -15 set for majors or especially tough courses.
You can follow the directions in the zipped file. 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 at 5:38:08 PM | IP Logged

I have done and understand the info in your posts. Hope this is it with the questions, but:

1. What player file do you use or did you make up a new one.

2. From my previous post of Question #3. What I was asking is why are the career records reset to zero when you import a new season file. This is actually good, but the career records do not update (make sense).

Thanks. 

lau4sta
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 9:27:16 AM | IP Logged

1. Whenever you post/copy a new PGAUser file into TW07 and overright the old one all stats on the current player profile are erased.

2. You can choose to do either with the career mode. Play with the same career file and same player year after year maintaing stats or you can edit the career editor file in TW06 and port over a new file each year and create a new player to use it. Your choice. The latter allows you to modify courses of choice and setup tournaments to better suit tour stops and changes in tour players. 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 6:46:14 PM | IP Logged

Thanks, but i think you misunderstand my question.

I intend to keep the same profile and the same Tour file year-over-year.

Here is what I do:
1. Start the game
2. At the main screen I click on the "Resume" option
3. Inside the Resume I click on then "Tournament" link
3. Under the Tournament options I clink on "Career Records"

When I do this all the records are zero. I simulated a year to see if the Records update, but they do not and still show a value of zero.

Is there anyway to change this or is this a result of importing the edited season.

lau4sta
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 8:56:25 PM | IP Logged

Honestly, that has never happened to me and I'm not at all sure what happened. I usually don't take chances with my TW files so I usually make a disk image at least twice a week. I can restore the game back to the previous tournament if any problem crops up. I have seen or experienced the problem you are having but then again I haven't simulated a season with just a player.

Maybe someone else has followed your path and will respond..

Good Luck. 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 4:56:18 PM | IP Logged

Sorry Lau4sta, but have to ask...

Have a look at the Career Records under your Resume. Are you saying that there are value under each catrgory (ie Most Wins, Most Majors, etc).

Mine have values of 0 and never update. 

lau4sta
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 8:57:24 PM | IP Logged

All of my records are updated including major wins, results from each tournament, scoring, rank, etc. Have had no problems at all.
Sorry you are having problems... 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 9:57:03 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the help. Will have to figure out what the problem is on my end. let you know if I get it fixed. 

jhdabrick
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/24/1976 (48)

Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 10:10:41 PM | IP Logged

Let me see if I understand, you created a custom pro golfer, started a season, and then simulated the entire season, correct? 

shorty2127
General Member
No User Image
Canada

Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 10:15:37 PM | IP Logged

yes.. correct 

jhdabrick
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 4/24/1976 (48)

Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 10:25:20 PM | IP Logged

that's the problem, if you simulate an event, used created golfers are not entered into the event, so they won't accumulate any stats. For user created golfers to have stats, you have to play the tournaments with them. There is no way to insert a user created golfer so they are controlled by the cpu. 

wmpurple
General Member
No User Image
Germany

Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 11:37:13 AM | IP Logged

Dear lau4sta!

It's the year 2023 and I have reactivated my 2007 TW game again, this time even on my high tech laptop, thanks to DegeVoodoo!
Great job man!

After recently downloading the brand new 2023 PGA Tour, I was deeply shocked, that in 16 years - aside from the graphics- there was absolutely no positive development. What a garbage game!

As a big fan of 70s and 80s professional golf, I was always missing the legends from that epic time. Thanks to many other users here I was able to install them into TW07. Brilliant!

Now the last piece of the 2007 game (the best ever for PC, unbelievable !) was still missing, an individual career with all the beautiful custom courses, the users here created! Kudos to all of you.

But you topped it off, dude, by your detailed instructions on how to implement an individual career via career editor 2006! Last week I bought TW06, which I never possessed, and followed your way.
It 100% worked out, so I was in heaven!!

10 Euros for a paradise (I am from Germany btw), so now I can relive all those great and unsurpassable times from the past.
I am truly overwhelmed, and want to express you, my friend, my deepest thanks for making this dream come true.

What a great homepage, that is still alive and kicking!

Thanks thanks thanks and keep on doing where you all are so perfect in!

Kindest regards from Wolfie

There are 1 active members online
rgaps,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - For those who want to play a custom course CAREER - Page 1 Loaded in 0.328 seconds
Thursday, May 2, 2024 @ 12:34:51 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.