CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Request for "Brief History of Course Design for TW - Page 1

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : Tutorials/FAQs
Request for "Brief History of Course Design for TW
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

nuttywoody
Course Staff
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 9:43:48 AM | IP Logged

For my first request as Tutorial Manager:
I'm looking for a contributor to write a brief history of the CA, course design and the culture surrounding it, for inclusion in the new beginner Tutorial Set I am developing.

It should be written with recruitment of new designers in mind, with some enthusiasm, and it should seek to remove some of the intimidation factor that a potential designer might feel after reading some of the laments on the course source boards.

References to similar design programs (Links, etc.) might be nice.

I'm looking for something with decent grammar and already spell-checked, 100 words or less. Cite quoted sources if applicable. Author(s) will be credited unless otherwise specified.

Anything else you want to include feel free. If it goes over 100 words, that's ok.

A single writer would be fine, a team might yield a better result. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to working on the tutorials section in collaboration with you. 

jmeier
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 8/1/1964 (59)

Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 10:54:30 AM | IP Logged

I am not sure if there is even anyone around anymore that designs that knows the history of the CA. I started using it briefly in 2001, but immediately switched over to Links and the APCD as it was far more advanced during that time. Did not return to TW designing until the CA06 was released. 

jmeier Signature

Tour Manager and Design Manager of the CGX Tour, the best place online for PGA Style tournament play on custom courses. Often imitated, never duplicated.

jimi
General Member
No User Image
Netherlands

Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 11:15:28 AM | IP Logged

I have been designing since the good old 2D PGA days with basically the same CA. I could write down what i remember, lol. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 12:06:41 PM | IP Logged

I've been using the CA since 2003... not very well I admit. But I'll also help by adding some details. 

nuttywoody
Course Staff
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 2:33:10 PM | IP Logged

jmeier said:
"I am not sure if there is even anyone around anymore that designs that knows the history of the CA."

...Exactly why I would like to get this bit written down while there is a chance! 

Homeboy
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/3/1968 (55)

Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 3:49:41 PM | IP Logged

The person who I bet would be helpful is Ken McHale -- I believe he designed the holes that are part of the Course Wizard. He's been around a loooong time ... not sure if he's still around these parts though. 

jimi
General Member
No User Image
Netherlands

Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 1:35:52 PM | IP Logged

Anybody from headgate who's been involved with the game should be able to illuminate us about its history. But where are they? 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 7:50:04 PM | IP Logged

In Salt Lake working on Tiger Woods 2010 for XBOX 360 and PS3 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

CarnoustieTW
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

B-Day: 5/16/1959 (64)

Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 8:17:22 PM | IP Logged

edited by: CarnoustieTW on Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 8:29:00 PM

XBOX 360 and PS3 TW 2010 is being developed by Tiburon,Headgate may be doing the Wii version but I`m not certain of that.

http://www.headgatestudios.com/

hhmm,seems they made a calculator,very strange.
seems this is an old webpage from 1996-97.

I cant find any info on what EA Salt Lake(; Headgate) might be developing,the last I heard they were only doing Wii games. 

Boze
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/1/1901 (123)

Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 10:15:37 PM | IP Logged

jimi said:
"Anybody from headgate who's been involved with the game should be able to illuminate us about its history. But where are they?"

Maybe their in Thailand secretly working on 2010 for pc... ; ) 

Boze Signature

XBL: xXBoze66Xx

There are 1 active members online
BrutalHacker27,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Request for "Brief History of Course Design for TW - Page 1 Loaded in 0.938 seconds
Friday, April 19, 2024 @ 8:03:46 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.