Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 at 3:59:36 AM | IP Logged

I am in the process of cleaning up the server.

Istarted a few days ago with TW 2002 and removed all un-neccary files from the zip archives. So far I have finished 200, 2003, 2004 is recomiling as I write this.

What this means.....

Well first thing is Im rearranging the files so that they load correctly with the installers. Im removing all screen shots, sound files and (duplicate logos, splash screens and text files). Im removing all files from tcx format on the older games to make sure that no one hides any files like music in them or duplicate logos, splash screens and txt files.

After finishing 2002 total space went from 2.3 GB down to 1.66 GB
After Finishing 2003 total space went from 4.74 GB down to 4.23 GB
So far 2004 has went from 6.77 GB down to 5.8 GB

On top of this I added default splash screens and flags to each course, and a text file to courses that did not have one. So with only doing 3 games we have saved over 3 GB of space on the server. I havent even touched 2005 - 2008 but if the trends continue file sizes should drop dramatically.

If you want to add special notes to your course other then the course txt file post them under architect comments when uploading, want to add screen shots can add them through the course manager, there is no reason for anything other then the files that are needed for the course to be included in the course file, it wastes space and bandwidth and peoples time. One course went from 35MB download to 8MB the wasted space was JPG files and a 10 MB mp3.

I will appologize to the architects that included Caddie Notes with thier courses, I thought long and hard on it and decided to remove them to save space.

The files that have been removed have not been deleted yet, I plan on keeping them for about a month so if you want the files from your course let me know and I will send you a link to download them. 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

There are 1 active members online
DFELD2005,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - SERVER CLEANUP - MUST READ - Page 1 Loaded in 0.188 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 9:06:07 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.