Topic Locked  
Author  Message

skerryred
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 8/28/1966 (57)

Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 at 2:49:29 PM | IP Logged

edited by: skerryred on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 at 2:54:00 PM spelling mistakes and bad grammar

I went on a rant here on this site about a few weeks ago on this page about how Tiger Woods 2006 was buggy and loading courses slow and was not as good as past versions. Well I look like a big loser as when I was told it was my rig I totally dismissed that as not the cause. Well Dumb me it was my rig. I noticed that when I played the game my sound would pop and cut up when it was loading between holes. Well the problem was my audigy 2 updated drivers for creative.com. When I uninstalled those drivers went back to my original audigy drivers no problems loads like a dream. I need to get a new XF-I card. Embarrassed

Topic Locked

Herschel Dir
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 11/24/1969 (54)

Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 at 5:49:09 PM | IP Logged

I agree with smiley. Apology accepted. Its easy to get going downhill in a discussion and stick to your guns even once you start to see things another way. I do it all the time. Nice to have you aboard. 

Topic Locked

Jimbo-64
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/7/1964 (59)

Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 4:49:56 AM | IP Logged

If you want the 05 or earlier galleries to show up on a course you need to edit the cls.ini file for each course.

Topic Locked

andyb1
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 12/15/1979 (44)

Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 4:51:22 PM | IP Logged

Apologies and technical chat aside, skerry made some valid points about the gameplay. For a casual player like myself I find playing in a tourney (offline) more than a little unimersive (if thats a word) going round solo tends to make you unconciously rush the game, especially on advanced diff. level where it picks yer club (wrongly) for you and gives you the yardages.

Topic Locked

skerryred
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 8/28/1966 (57)

Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 5:46:34 PM | IP Logged

edited by: skerryred on Thursday, April 20, 2006 at 6:07:00 PM

I like you comments as well. The competition part of it was changed when EA got Headgate Studios to do Tiger Woods Golf series. Before that Headgate was doing PGA Champonship 2000 which was the best golf simulation in the market. I liked some of the touches it had like the ability to play in groups and it also has generic player models so you could play in a playoff or playing in a group with Phil Mickelson or who ever. With EA securing licenses with PGA you have to get rights to use player images in the game. I also like the fact in PGA2000 you could see all the other golfers on the course at other holes say if you were on the 9th you could see others at the 18th hole if the courses was shaped that way. i mean last year was the first time they incorperated the cheering of the green effect they had in PGA 2000. Plus there was a option were you could put a custom camera on a group behind or ahead of you to see how they were doing. Too bad they could not do this with Tiger Woods as it could make a great game amazing. But I think they can do this but the specs to run such a game with the graphics they have now would be too much to accomadate the machines in the market place right now. I must admit David Fenerety telling me my swing was too quick off the tee get on my nerves at times or telling me a 20 foot putt is a easy birdie. 

Topic Locked

There are 1 active members online
jabbs0817,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - I need to apoligize - Page 1 Loaded in 0.297 seconds
Thursday, May 2, 2024 @ 12:58:51 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.