Download file errors
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 3:55:28 PM | IP Logged

Hi all. My understanding is that a few of you have download problems with particular files. One of two things happens to you:

1. The server connection is reset in mid-download.
2. The download completes but the zip file returns error 102.

There have been some other threads about this, but so far weve made little progress. So, I decided to go on a fact finding mission.

If you get this error (or had this error in the past), please tell me the following information about the error:

1. How did it fail?
2. What course/library file were you downloading?
3. Did it fail at a particular percentage of download?
4. Have you tried it multiple times and it continues?
5. What Operating System do you have:
6. What browser do you have:
7. What is your internet connection yype:
8. Has this happened before?

-WRS staff 

Blader
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/19/1960 (63)

Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 at 5:40:30 PM | IP Logged

Check the file size!

Ive only ever seen the 102 error when the file size is wrong. ie Although the download says it has finished, the whole file has NOT come down!

Dave. 

Blader Signature

Case: Coolermaster CM 690 II Dominator Advanced - Black - PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 700W - CPU: Sandybridge i5 2500K 3.30GHz @ 4.50GHz - Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 ** B3 Rev ** - Cooler: Corsair H60 Liquid Cooled - RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel - HDs: Crucial M4 64GB Sata 6GB/s SSD + Samsung 1TB F3 + 3 x 6GB/s WD 3Tb drives - Graphics Card: Overclocked 2Gb Sapphire Dual Fan 6950 - Sound: Asus Xonar DG PCI - Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA - Monitor: Dell 24 - OS: Win 7 Home Premium 64

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 10/19/1971 (52)

Posted: Monday, June 28, 2004 at 10:27:59 PM | IP Logged

Im not sure what you are talking about TinCup23. We havent stopped anything. Our site allows for download managers to be used for resuming downloads and in fact we encourage them. The whole point of this thread is to get information from people that are having trouble downloading so we can track the problem down. We are trying the best that we can, yet your post makes it sound like we arent doing anything except taking your donation money and preventing you from getting files or having to download them twice. We realize the frustration of getting an incomplete file, but we cant seem to track down what is causing it. Before you blame something on the staff of WRS and make it sound like we arent doing anything get the facts straight first. We have been working on this problem for quite a while now to no avail. Posts like yours certainly dont make me want to work harder when there is no appreciation for the time we do put in to this site. 

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 6:16:28 AM | IP Logged

Im not sure why you would be getting errors since we havent changed anything that would prevent downloading using a download manager. Maybe huntingleopard will have some idea of what is going on. 

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 at 9:21:42 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am on several boards trying to see if others have this problem. So far everyone has said they havent seen it and tell me to use download managers. TinCup - you are the first one to have problems with a download manager (at least that Ive heard). Ill keep looking into it and will keep you posted. If you dont hear any more from us in a week, feel free to pester me with a reminder PM.

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, July 4, 2004 at 12:26:42 PM | IP Logged

I dont know much about getright, and from what I read that only happens from TWC for you, not here.. right?

Anyway, from what I can tell so far, the problem with downloads is a throughput issue. Somewhere between the end user and the server, some pipe is full and stopping the download. Then, we you resume the download, your IE cache thinks its already done, so you cant finish. I am still looking into workarounds and will keep you posted. Thanks for all the feedback, keep in coming.

For fellow Americans, Happy Independence Day! 

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 at 10:35:11 AM | IP Logged

What browser are you using?

Are you using any download agents?

Have you refreshed your cache?

Let me know and well see if we can diagnose this problem. 

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2004 at 1:50:10 PM | IP Logged

It may be the AOL browser and its settings. Have you contacted them at all? What happens if D/L from other sites? 

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 at 9:48:26 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for the comment emabia which files to you get the 0MB on? 

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, August 9, 2004 at 9:19:09 AM | IP Logged

SWH and Bemidji links were broken, those are fixed now. Sorry for the problem. 

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, August 16, 2004 at 3:01:30 PM | IP Logged

Architect library is a standard lib with the game. Reinstalling the game will definitely fix the problem. However, you can reinstall it via course utilities, but I forget the exact file name for the library. 

Blader
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

B-Day: 11/19/1960 (63)

Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 at 5:48:42 PM | IP Logged

The Architect library is NCW.TCL if memory serves me...

Dave. 

Blader Signature

Case: Coolermaster CM 690 II Dominator Advanced - Black - PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 700W - CPU: Sandybridge i5 2500K 3.30GHz @ 4.50GHz - Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 ** B3 Rev ** - Cooler: Corsair H60 Liquid Cooled - RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel - HDs: Crucial M4 64GB Sata 6GB/s SSD + Samsung 1TB F3 + 3 x 6GB/s WD 3Tb drives - Graphics Card: Overclocked 2Gb Sapphire Dual Fan 6950 - Sound: Asus Xonar DG PCI - Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA - Monitor: Dell 24 - OS: Win 7 Home Premium 64

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (45)

Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2004 at 2:41:35 PM | IP Logged

Here is the fix to Download aborts, it has nothing to do with the file, if this happens to you empty your temporary internet files and then reboot your PC, your download should go completely through....not sure whats causing it but I expierenced this on another site and the 2 steps fixed it for me. 

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 at 9:36:45 AM | IP Logged

As for Nicklaus, make sure you have the right Ts N Stakes (there are two, one has 2004 on the end)

As for Drifter lib, do what TruBlu says above to get that.

Thanks for the feedback, we havent found the real problem yet, but these workaround seem to work. 

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, August 30, 2004 at 2:15:01 PM | IP Logged

The only thing I can think of now is that you have the AOL optimizer. Can you try without that? Just an idea. What I think is happening is that its got something cached and doesnt have the complete zip file. What size are the zip files on your hard drive? One more thought, did you install Ts N Stakes 2004 in a different directory ? Shouldnt matter since the names are different, just trying things now.

thanks for you patience... we know how frustrating this can be. 

JSJarvis
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, September 1, 2004 at 6:41:38 AM | IP Logged

Sorry, but the problem you were having with the drifter library is on your end (possibly due to something with your temporary internet files). I checked that file on our server and there is no problem. I downloaded the entire library to my PC and it completed in full and opened with the correctly library.

If you are running Windows XP, look up a few posts at the message posted by TruBluMich. 

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, September 1, 2004 at 9:05:15 AM | IP Logged

The reason we believe its on your end, not ours is because everyone does not get this error. In fact, you are the only one reporting it. What I think happens is that mid-download something kills the connection between our server and your computer and your computer thinks the file is done. If you dont clear all your temporary internet files it will assume the download is the same file in your cache and not download it anew. The reason it works from TWC is because the file is cached per site, so it downloads it anew. The easy fix is a good download manager, but were trying to figure out the cause of the interruption so people dont need the manager. Thanks for coming here, and hopefully your future downloads will be smoother. 

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, September 5, 2004 at 1:49:58 PM | IP Logged

This error is beginning to annoy the *&^%& out of me......heres the deal if you have an eror switch the download link from http://www.coursedownloads
Not really sure if its going towork or not but it might.... 

TruBluMich Signature

huntingleopa
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, September 17, 2004 at 10:46:08 AM | IP Logged

Good news (I hope).... via some excellent research from TruBlu, I have changed some settings that should fix this problem. Please let us know if you have any more download problems.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2004 at 10:53:00 PM | IP Logged

Were 99% sure it has to do with a connection lost during download from the client side to our server for resource sacks times out connections to free up more resources so others can use them. We know what setting to change but the question is what is a fair number to change it to since we dont want it to high or the system will bog down and not to low so that people get errors. 

TruBluMich Signature

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
Snowman,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Download file errors - Page 1 Loaded in 0.375 seconds
Wednesday, April 24, 2024 @ 10:22:24 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.