CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Course Ratings.... - Page 1
CourseDownloads.com - Fundraiser

$339.18 Left to Reach our Goal!

Every year we run a fundraiser to cover the cots of the server for the next year. This last year we had to upgrade servers due to an attack and the costs are a little higher, but as you can all tell it is much faster and much more reliable.  VERY IMPORTANT even though myZIP is reduced to 1MB you can still download courses and libraries by clicking on the course or library name on the Download Tab.  We need to raise $2,500 in order to increase everyone's myZIP size back to 30 MB and for those who have donated in the past once we reach our goal your myZIP file size will be increased back to 1GB. Members who made a donation of $5 or more in the last 30 days have already had their's increased. We recommend a donation of $25 however every dollar counts, however to increase your MyZip size you need to make a donation of $5 USD or more. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE LOGGED IN BEFORE MAKING A CONTRIBUTION.

Click Here to Increase your MyZip Max File Size to 1GB and activate the Shoutbox

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : Archives
Course Ratings....
Topic Locked  
Author  Message

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
USA - Michigan

B-Day: 9/11/1978 (39)

Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 2:27:35 AM | IP Logged

To the 3 people who found it neccessary over the last couple days to sabotage course ratings, an signing up a total of 4 times each....thank you very much for showing us our rating and registration system wasnt perfect, now you gave us more work...Kinda makes me wonder why were spending almost 10 hours a day getting the new server ready...thanks for the gratitude.

TruBluMich Signature

Thank you for visiting CourseDownloads.com

Topic Locked

AJthePro
General Member
No User Image
USA

B-Day: 10/1/1980 (36)

Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 11:45:37 PM | IP Logged

We are reworking the course rating system on the new server. The ratings wont be available there until we come up with a better system.

Topic Locked

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
USA - Michigan

Posted: Monday, May 10, 2004 at 10:10:01 AM | IP Logged

In terms of a rating from 5 - 10 that wouldnt change anything as people would feel a 5 would be just like getting a 1. There really is no way to fool proof a rating system....we can record IP addresses but not everyone has static IPs and we can force people to be a member to vote, but taht doesnt stop people from registering more then one acct. anyone has any ideas let us know our ears are open. 

TruBluMich Signature

Topic Locked

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
USA - Michigan

Posted: Monday, May 10, 2004 at 8:42:03 PM | IP Logged

TWCs system is a nice system.

TruBluMich Signature

Topic Locked

AJthePro
General Member
No User Image
USA

B-Day: 10/1/1980 (36)

Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 10:05:04 AM | IP Logged

I think leaving a stamp of who voted would lead to a biased vote since they dont want to upset the architect or other users. Thats why weve wanted to stear clear of it. On the other hand, I have seen a more statistics based voting algorithm in use out there which takes into account users voting trends. In a nutshell, if they vote ALL of the courses 1s, their 1s will have little to no affect on the courses ratings.

Topic Locked

Putt
General Member
No User Image
United Kingdom

Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 10:11:34 AM | IP Logged

What about disregarding highest and lowest marks.,ie,when a course reaches 15 votes (the number required for the highest rated list) then the two highest and lowest marks are not used., 30 votes then the three highest and lowest marks are not used.,and so forth. 

Topic Locked

TruBluMich
Site Admin
No User Image
USA - Michigan

Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 at 4:26:38 PM | IP Logged

Great Ideas! I like both Steves and Putts ideas removing a certain amount of votes from top and bottom would get rid of the all 10s unless the course has several and the all 1s...as for the feedback that steve suggested I think we can fit that in somewhere as well. 

TruBluMich Signature

Topic Locked

jimi
General Member
No User Image
Netherlands

Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 5:07:28 PM | IP Logged

Not that it bothers me much, but I noticed how my latest course went from 5 to 3 stars in a matter of minutes within a few hours of uploading. Since I don't think any more than two people will have rated in such a short time, it makes sense to figure that one rated it a 5 and the other a 1. I am not that interested in the opinion of the person who gave me 5 stars, because it is rather obvious. If someone else thinks he should give it the lowest possible rating however, I would like to hear why. It seems no more than reasonable to me. A lack of courage may be involved. Maybe this chicken ought to dare and cross the road :D 

Topic Locked

Advertisement

There are 5 active members online
Gunpower61, niteinwitesatin, pbduck, rcpilot43, toko,

Forum Statistics

RSS Feed

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Course Ratings.... - Page 1 Loaded in 0.246 seconds
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 @ 4:01:42 PM

Copyright 2017 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.