Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
Problem with decimals in custom players
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

rubencubo
General Member
Spain

Posted: Friday, April 19, 2024 at 1:57:35 PM | IP Logged

Lately, I've been having a problem with decimals when creating new computer-controlled players. After creating a new player, when I go to edit its characteristics to "Settings for computer player ability" (image attached), I can put decimals to each field, except for "Driving Distance". But when I press OK, all decimals become null, except in "Average Putts" where if you put a value between 1 and 2 it becomes 1.30. I understand that this is not a big problem in most of the settings, but it is for the statistics of "Average Putts", "Number of Birdies" or especially for "Average Round Score". Some time ago, I think I could put decimals and that the program "respected" them. Any suggestions of where the problem may be or how to fix it. Thanks in advance. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2024 at 3:13:05 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Saturday, April 20, 2024 at 3:13:00 AM

Hello Rubencubo, i tried it on my TW08 game, and i have exactly the same problem.
Only when i choose: Randomize...the decimals are working.
When i try to do it manually, then the decimals are not working.
Not sure it worked different before in my TW08 though. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2024 at 9:13:02 AM | IP Logged

That's interesting because it still works fine for me. The Drive Distance was always a whole number and the putting percentage was always a single decimal place. The rest still take the decimal place digits that I input.

If you go above or below the maximum or minimum, it will lop it off. 1.30 is the lowest putting percentage so if you input 1.29, it will return to 1.30. Likewise, I think the maximum birdies is 5.50, so if you put in 5.75, it will return to 5.50.

Having said that, the examples in the image are mostly within the acceptable ranges.

I noticed in the image that you are using the comma as a separator. I can't use that as my system uses decimals. Has your game always shown commas? I know use of commas versus decimals is different depending on the country.

Not really sure what the problem might be. 

rubencubo
General Member
Spain

Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2024 at 7:49:27 AM | IP Logged

As you indicate, Quietly, I use commas for decimals because my regional Windows configuration is Spanish. Also, I can't use points in the game. If I press the dot key, nothing appears on the screen.

But your answers gave me the idea to change the Windows regional settings, and... it works!!

I went to the Control Panel, then to the Clock & Region section and changed the format to English (UK). And when I restart the game, I can use the dot in the decimals and keep the decimals when I hit OK.

Thank you both for your help. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2024 at 10:07:02 AM | IP Logged

Nice one Quietly and Rubencubo, thanks for posting the solution, it can help other members. 

There are 2 active members online
golfingod, Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Problem with decimals in custom players - Page 1 Loaded in 0.359 seconds
Thursday, May 2, 2024 @ 12:10:26 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.