CourseDownloads.com Logo
Welcome Guest - Login | Register
 Tiger Woods Golf Forum - EA Sports Road to the Masters (PC Edition) - Page 1

Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
EA Sports Road to the Masters (PC Edition)
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Friday, April 7, 2023 at 12:10:54 PM | IP Logged

It has been a long time since we got a new PC game from EA Sports.

Here are my thoughts:

Wanted to test this out on the day of the release.

If you don't have a really good PC with a higher end graphics card the game will be unplayable with terrible lag.

Have an I5 PC with a medium card and for me it is unplayable.
(Using an X-Box controller for the game play.)

The menus are very slow and hard to navigate.

You can only create up to 4 golfers and you have very limited outfits for your players.

This game was being developed before LIV so you get LIV Tour players like Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau.

Each player comes with 4 different outfits. EA did a good job on some of the players however some of the outfits are not the best nor fully represent the players taste and character.

The WOKE nonsense crept in to this golf game and you have preferred pronouns for your players. (Which really pissed me off)

The graphics are hard to tell because my PC is not adequate.

Nick Faldo introduces the game and the game uses Rich Lerner, Frank Nobilo and Notah Begay as its announcers.

The level of detail on the grips, clubs and even your caddie is very good.

The game face is very basic and you have to pick from an assorted list of pre-made features for your custom golfer.

You can pick up to 3 swing types.

For example if you wanted to create Tiger Woods for this game it may be difficult and for sure you would not have Tiger's custom swing like in games past.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Saturday, April 8, 2023 at 12:19:52 PM | IP Logged

Thanks Hyno, for the detailed post. 

brafroivipob
General Member
No User Image
Italy

Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 2:55:08 AM | IP Logged

Hi Hyno, I read that EA doesn't seem to have any plans to release a Course editor. From what you've seen in the game does it look like there's a possibility of doing so in the future anyway, or do the courses seem to be created with some kind of "photorealistic" technology that would make course creation (or libraries) impossible with a normal PC and without advanced programming skills? Seeing the gameplays I'm afraid it's the latter... 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Friday, April 14, 2023 at 12:46:35 PM | IP Logged

I can barely get the game to run because the frame rates are so choppy. So I only ever made it to the 13th hole of the back 9 at Augusta. The structures seem to be made similar to other video games. The tree's and bushes don't render the best for me. You may need internet to play. I have not found how to play in offline mode. Custom courses? No idea but during the coming majors this year they will release those courses free for download. The course textures looked pretty good on Augusta.

There are 2 active members online
Gunpower61, Marklk,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - EA Sports Road to the Masters (PC Edition) - Page 1 Loaded in 0.250 seconds
Thursday, May 2, 2024 @ 8:16:35 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.