Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

brafroivipob
General Member
No User Image
Italy

Posted: Monday, March 6, 2023 at 3:35:02 AM | IP Logged

Hi everyone,

this is my first time writing on the forum and I wanted first of all to thank all the community that helps keep this site alive.

I'm designing my first course and before continuing I wanted to understand if I'm going in the right direction (or if I'm making some big mistakes).
I chose to design (for TW08) a small course in northern Italy, which seemed perfect to start with: Golf Continental Verbania, 9 holes, par 34, completely flat.

Hole by hole flyby: https://www.golfcontinentalverbania.it/webcam.html
Google maps: https://www.google.com/maps/@45.9464481,8.4758546,744m/data=!3m1!1e3).

I also have a few questions:
- In Panorama properties the only panorama that can be seen is "Example panorama", the others are not shown, not even in the game, why?
- in which library can I find a panorama similar to the real one?
- what are the libraries with the closest colors to the real ones? (I'm currently using PGAX Celtic Manor)
- in which library can I find trees similar to the real ones? (most of them are chestnuts)

Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to continue.
Thanks in advance for the help 

File Attachment
Zip File - zip File - Click Here to Download File - 2.03 MB

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Monday, March 6, 2023 at 11:00:03 AM | IP Logged

1 - Panoramas are weird. The original stock panos don't show up because they are too low (they are below the plot). You need to download custom panos from here.

2 - I really can't tell you which panos are going to look most like the surroundings of your course. That's a designers choice. Best suggestion is to look at courses already available on here that are located in a similar area of the world or have a similar background in general to your course. Look at screenshots of courses where available and look at the panos in those courses.

3 - same goes for texture libraries. Look at pictures of courses that are available and see if something looks right for your course.

4 - Sandsaver made a helpful image package years ago. He took in-game screenshots of all the trees available in the 08 stock libraries. You can skim through those to get a sense of what each library has for trees/shrubs. It's up to you to decide which trees/plants best capture the look of your course.

http://coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=718

When choosing libraries for your course, it can be tempting to go wild and make a course with 20 or 30 libraries. It is best to avoid this and try to be effecient with library use when possible. Try to keep the total libraries in use to no more than 10-15 libraries 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, March 6, 2023 at 11:52:37 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Monday, March 6, 2023 at 12:13:00 PM

Indeed, only the TW07 and TW08 user created panos will work in the TW08 courses.
So as Quietly said in previous post: Look at the already released TW08 courses.
At the right side of each realeased course, you will see the required libraries.
One of the libraries will have the name pano in it, that is a pano library.
So for example when you go the last released course:

Dark Rock CC 2023 ( by: Bruce Ryder )

When you look at the right side in the required libraries list, then you will see a library named: Purgatory_Pano_07
You just will have to install the library in TW06, same way as you install other libraries.
When the pano library installed in TW06, and you open your course architect file, then that pano should be available when you want to insert a pano.

Note 1: its possible the pano doesn t look good in the course architect, but when you compile your course, then the pano should show up good in TW08.

Note 2: Be sure to compile your course with XP
When you compile your course with win7 / win8/ win10 / win11 then the compile wont work, or some things wont show up correct . 

brafroivipob
General Member
No User Image
Italy

Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 5:57:28 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for your suggestions. I have one more question: is it possible to open an existing course (.tcr) with course architect to see how it's done? 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 9:07:45 AM | IP Logged

No 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 5:17:31 PM | IP Logged

If you want, I can send you an tca as an example of what a finished course looks like 

brafroivipob
General Member
No User Image
Italy

Posted: Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at 3:35:32 PM | IP Logged

Bobby Bolin said:
"If you want, I can send you an tca as an example of what a finished course looks like"

Yes, thanks, that would be great. Send me one of your choice, I was especially interested in seeing how the small undulations of the terrain are rendered realistically and how the borders of the course are designed. 

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 5:40:05 PM | IP Logged

One thing to look at are the Smiling Goats Tutorials. Here is a link to them: http://coursedownloads.com/tutorials/tutorials.asp?id=5. They are in .wmv format which VLC will play (not sure about the Windows media player). Here is a link to VLC: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/. Even an experienced designer like myself got a lot of good tips from watching the Smiling Goats Tutorials. Best of luck with your first course! 

brafroivipob
General Member
No User Image
Italy

Posted: Friday, March 10, 2023 at 6:18:45 AM | IP Logged

Thanks bryder, I had seen them some time ago, but I think seeing them again after playing a bit with course architect could be useful.

I have completed the basic layout of the course, now I start inserting objects and modeling the terrain hole by hole. 

File Attachment
Zip File - JPG File - Click Here to Download File - 49.1 KB

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2023 at 5:51:48 AM | IP Logged

Sorry for the delay. What is your email address? 

brafroivipob
General Member
No User Image
Italy

Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 4:16:18 AM | IP Logged

I sent you a private message with my email address. Thank you! 

There are 3 active members online
billstel, gene1949, Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - First course design - Page 1 Loaded in 0.422 seconds
Thursday, April 18, 2024 @ 10:22:22 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.