TBF files
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

kenlove626
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 6:47:44 AM | IP Logged

So recently I downloaded some real players from previous TW game and noticed when I go to create a player, I see icons for shirts, tattoos, etc. added that were not included in the original TW08 game. Did some searching in my game files and found a .tbf file that contains lots of .dds files. So i thought it would be useful to extract these and give some outdated images a remake. I am familiar with how texmod works and this is one way to modify textures, but if i could extract these images, edit and then repack them is that possible? maybe even add new ones to the existing images. Just thought it was interesting how these were automatically added. for example, when I downloaded Phil Mickelson and added him to the game, i noticed Elmore Plumbing image is now available to include on all created players shirts, or hats. etc.. Screenshot below. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 8:00:26 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 8:08:00 AM

Hello Ken,

Interesting post, i am not sure that is possible to do.
As you said the only way to edit the clothing so far, is to use the Texmod program.
Not sure how you unpacked the CLS.tbf file, did you use the Furricats extractor ?
The Furrycats extractor is created to unpack and repack CLS files.
You can download the extractor on link below ( there is readme file included ):

http://coursedownloads.com/extras/details.asp?id=707  

kenlove626
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, March 6, 2023 at 6:25:44 AM | IP Logged

Gunpowder,
Thank you for the link. I had read on the forum somehwhere before about the furrycats tool. Not sure what im doing wrong but when i double click on the .bat file as instructed, nothing happens. As for unpacking the ,tbf file as mentioned in my first post, i was never able to do that. I just used a text editor that could read "some" of the file in readable language and could see that it contained a whole lot of .dds files with names. Anyway just thought it would be cool to extract them and edit them in photoshop and repack. Unfortunately furrycats isnt working for me. Someone out there must know because i downloaded the budweiser blimp for the game and it too was packed in a tbf file. just wondering how it was done. Thank you! 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Monday, March 6, 2023 at 10:45:42 AM | IP Logged

Batch files (file.bat) are written for specific commands to specific files. Those batch files reference the cls.tbf. They will only pack and unpack the cls.tbf. If you want to work on a different tbf file, you have to make a different batch file. Open the batch files in that furrycats tool folder with notepad or some other text editor and then change the file name from cls.tbf to the file you want to pack/unpack.

FYI, as far as I know, the only graphics that can be edited that way are golf ball logos. The only other tbf files with TW08 are thumbnail images from the menu screens and galleries and gallery motions. The gallery graphics aren't the ones that the game uses either so they aren't useful. 

kenlove626
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, March 6, 2023 at 5:31:10 PM | IP Logged

Quietly,
Thank you so much, it worked!!!! This is going to be fun. By the way just a shoutout to all those on here that work hard creating beautiful courses on here. The appreciation can sometimes go unnoticed. Been really enjoying a game I've had for years and it feels new again. 

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2023 at 3:04:31 PM | IP Logged

Hello Ken,

I'm uncertain if this is of help to you, but maybe it can point you in a direction. I was analyzing the file structure
of the xbx files a while ago and identified the texture offsets regarding fxx files. Due to real life, I don't have the
time to dig deeper (model data would be superior) or to create an export/import mod tool, but I can share how you can
modify textures via Hex editing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WvwlFQFAJ0NtH9ziO_cVEWAOYML8V6QfB8dfDPknwwY/edit?usp=sharing

Jo 

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

There are 1 active members online
Snowman,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - TBF files - Page 1 Loaded in 0.266 seconds
Wednesday, May 1, 2024 @ 8:12:26 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.