Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : The Course Source
Westchester CC West Course
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, March 3, 2023 at 6:31:23 PM | IP Logged

I am sure everyone who has played Tigers Woods 08 realizes the problem with this course. The front and back nine are switched! The first hole, a PAR 3, is actually the 10th hole! When you get done with the "front" nine, you move on to the 10th which is actually hole 1! Someone early on tried to make a new .INI file for the course, but it doesn't work because I tried their version and even did one myself. As a course designer, you come to realize that it is hard coded and cannot be fixed without a complete course do over. Attached is a Bluegolf overhead of the holes on Westchester CC West Course.

So, my solution is to make an new course. With the help of Bobby Bolin, I was able to get all the holes in, however, there was no way of getting all the elevations done because of issues with the plot. Therefore, it is a flat plot. I am looking for help with either just the elevations or if someone wants to work with me on the complete course I am okay with that too. I have all the holes done and the correct orientation of the holes based on the way the architect program has its North, South, East and West set up. This post will be continued and on that continuation I'll attach the screenshot of the architect plot with holes. 

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, March 3, 2023 at 6:37:42 PM | IP Logged

Part two: Attached is the screenshot of the architect plot with holes done. The light green texture is just there and is not a texture I was going to use in the course. If you would like to work with me, please message me here at bryder2162 or I can send you my email so that we can communicate that way. I think that a corrected version of the Westchester Country Club West Course would be an excellent addition to the marvelous collection of courses on this site for Tiger Woods TW08. Thanks. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 8:10:58 PM | IP Logged

I think sometimes it is easier to use Google Earth for elevations than the terrain assist. 

There are 3 active members online
chipgill, GolfMikeLK, TPC_IRONMAN,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Westchester CC West Course - Page 1 Loaded in 0.172 seconds
Friday, April 26, 2024 @ 7:04:12 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.