Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, November 25, 2022 at 11:45:34 AM | IP Logged

Hi all, today a course designer sent me a message, but i don t know how to fix, maybe another designer will know the solution ?

This is what i received:

No matter how often I try on this green, the land shapes I put in for elevation of 2 inches always ends up 6 to 21 inches across the land shape. ??? 

Hiker Bob
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/8/1962 (61)

Posted: Friday, November 25, 2022 at 12:39:25 PM | IP Logged

I think we need to see a picture of what the designer is trying to do. I personally perform smoothing or optimizing operations to change elevations by a mere two inches. The Course Architect is just not that precise to deal with such small elevation changes. I usually add elevation heights of more than what I am trying to change before doing the smoothing after. Point counts can really run up if you do not do constant optimizing after smoothing. It is more of an art than a science for sure. 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Friday, November 25, 2022 at 2:48:26 PM | IP Logged

I'm wondering if he/she is raising the shape by 2 foot instead of 2 inches. That would have the effect he describes if using the one shape method.

To make small elevations or slopes, small changes are best. They always end up looking bigger than you expect. To raise sections of greens (or anything basically) I use the 2 shape tool. Make the outer shape a fair bit bigger than the inner one if you want a smooth transition. You will get a more natural look if the inner and outer shapes are different shapes. As Bob says lots of smoothing and optimising is necessary to keep the point count down. 

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

There are 1 active members online
nort2,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Elevation problem - Page 1 Loaded in 0.141 seconds
Friday, April 26, 2024 @ 8:55:32 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.