Hex editor
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 11:28:56 PM | IP Logged

Had this idea for years and it is a crazy one of course.

Some of the TW players have custom golf swings like Tiger, John Daly, Justin Leonard and Ty Tryon.

I would like to take a custom player like Will Zalatoris and give him Ty Tryon's swing or take like Phil Mickelson and give him John Daly's swing left handed.

Or even just the golf glove in the back pocket like on the Stock players and give that feature to the custom players.

I know this is possible using Hex Editing, but I have no idea how to do this.

Next topic:

One of the things I always wanted to do as well is add old stock players from like 03 to the newer game. This would take a bit of work but I do believe it is possible with hard coding. If done you can get cool old stock players, like Stricker, O'Meara, Calcavecchia and I think Stewart Cink.

In 05, Notah Begay III who also had a custom swing. In 05 they had Gary Player and Seve and maybe Old Tom Morris.

FYI The stock Nicklaus, Palmer and Hogan all port over to 07 and 08, I think I have them up in the custom player downloads on this site.  

JoSummer
General Member
No User Image
Germany

B-Day: 8/12/1974 (49)

Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 12:52:38 PM | IP Logged

edited by: JoSummer on Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 1:05:00 PM

Hi Hyno,

in what file(s) you think this special swing types are stored? As far as I can remember the .plr files can be modified to load different player models by hex editing, the other things stored in .plr files I''ve never explored. I can recommend ICYHexplorer for hex editing as it comes with functions to identify patterns.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hexplorer/

Edit: Forgot, the data is encrypted with bitwise and-or cypher as far as I remember, so you have to decrypt/modify/encrypt the data.  

JoSummer Signature

Golf-4Fun Tour

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Monday, April 18, 2022 at 10:44:20 PM | IP Logged

I don't know how to do any of this.

Back a few years ago when I got in to Madden 08, that community hacked the game. You could change stadiums, replace teams with custom teams, change the coaches. Build a custom season you could even do it with all college teams. Edit the players outside of the game. Change roosters, update salaries. They hard coded a new load screen, hard coded better uniforms. You could make any QB act like Peyton Manning. You could play college rules, updated field goal distance, extra player moves, and ect. It was absolutely amazing, The computer hackers or programmers built programs that could interface with the game. I texmodded everything and even in the custom program you could run the game via texmod's.  

There are 1 active members online
goofygolf,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Hex editor - Page 1 Loaded in 0.156 seconds
Friday, May 3, 2024 @ 7:55:14 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.