Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Friday, December 31, 2021 at 8:49:50 PM | IP Logged

I'm going to start a new thread with some updates on designs I've been working on. Fall is difficult for me because I coach high school golf and that takes up a lot of my time, so I usually have to shut down for that period. Now that winter is here, I'm slowly getting back into the CA and working on a few things.

Here are my current projects. Obviously, I will not finish all of them, so this will act more like a wishlist. I will try to get as many done as possible.

Fictional

Cunningham Country Club- Jungle Course: The final installment of this 54 hole resort is nearly done. I'm hoping to release within the next few days.

Rose Canyon: Based on the philosophies and designs of George Thomas. Really enjoying working through this one. Still a lot of work to do.

Bolinwood- Macawapa Course: This is fully laid out with a decent amount of elevation done. Currently on the backburner.

Bolinwood- Lake Course: A remake from a 2006 course. Still a good amount of work to do.

Dairy Valley: This is fully laid out with some elevations done. This will come down to motivation.

Drago Volante: In honor of my grandfather who passed away this past year. It's laid out with some elevation changes.

Unnamed Links Course: I sometimes get inspired to design a links hole and I am throwing this course together based on those inspirations.

Unnamed Desert Course: This will be based on famous real holes but in a desert setting. Mostly an idea so far.

Chanterelle Hills: Based on a 2002 course by Voyen Koreis. Laid out but still needs a lot of work.

Black Hills: Very low priority right now. Some ideas floating around right now.

Real

Southern Hills: The goal is to have this done sometime in the next two months.

Harbor Shores: I want to have this done in time for the Senior PGA Championship.

Wilshire: I was very impressed with this course after watching the LPGA play there last year. I am hoping to have it done by the time that tournament plays this year.

Mystery Course: I received a request last year for an updated version of one of the most famous courses in the US. I've downloaded the DEM data for it, but am not sure when I will be able to get started on it.

Virtues (Longaberger): Not at the top of my list but still a good project for the future.

Hybrid Courses

Ridgewood Golf Course (Ohio): A hybrid between the original 1920s layout and the modern day geography of the land.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 5:51:37 AM | IP Logged

Hiya Bobby, coaching high school golf, sounds great.
And big thanks for the update, impressive list. 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 9:05:38 AM | IP Logged

Thats a huge list, if you need any help with testing or other stuff gimme a shout. 

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 12:07:21 PM | IP Logged

I will definitely be in touch Neil! 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 5:46:00 PM | IP Logged

CCC Jungle is nearly done. I'm working on testing pins and getting rid of some nagging reflection issues. If I can't figure those out I may just release anyway. 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 9:55:25 AM | IP Logged

I've had success in the past simply by changing the pond texture. Probably just luck but worth a try 

Munroco Signature

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 12:24:00 PM | IP Logged

I tried it once. It's worth another try though. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 10:00:13 PM | IP Logged

Beyond frustrated with the reflections. Giving it two more days. We'll see what happens. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 3:24:06 PM | IP Logged

CCC Jungle released!

Next up:

Laying out Wilshire and Southern Hills 

rubencubo
General Member
Spain

Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 5:41:03 AM | IP Logged

Bobby Bolin said:
"I'm going to start a new thread with some updates on designs I've been working on. Fall is difficult for me because I coach high school golf and that takes up a lot of my time, so I usually have to shut down for that period. Now that winter is here, I'm slowly getting back into the CA and working on a few things.

Here are my current projects. Obviously, I will not finish all of them, so this will act more like a wishlist. I will try to get as many done as possible.

Fictional

Cunningham Country Club- Jungle Course: The final installment of this 54 hole resort is nearly done. I'm hoping to release within the next few days.

Rose Canyon: Based on the philosophies and designs of George Thomas. Really enjoying working through this one. Still a lot of work to do.

Bolinwood- Macawapa Course: This is fully laid out with a decent amount of elevation done. Currently on the backburner.

Bolinwood- Lake Course: A remake from a 2006 course. Still a good amount of work to do.

Dairy Valley: This is fully laid out with some elevations done. This will come down to motivation.

Drago Volante: In honor of my grandfather who passed away this past year. It's laid out with some elevation changes.

Unnamed Links Course: I sometimes get inspired to design a links hole and I am throwing this course together based on those inspirations.

Unnamed Desert Course: This will be based on famous real holes but in a desert setting. Mostly an idea so far.

Chanterelle Hills: Based on a 2002 course by Voyen Koreis. Laid out but still needs a lot of work.

Black Hills: Very low priority right now. Some ideas floating around right now.

Real

Southern Hills: The goal is to have this done sometime in the next two months.

Harbor Shores: I want to have this done in time for the Senior PGA Championship.

Wilshire: I was very impressed with this course after watching the LPGA play there last year. I am hoping to have it done by the time that tournament plays this year.

Mystery Course: I received a request last year for an updated version of one of the most famous courses in the US. I've downloaded the DEM data for it, but am not sure when I will be able to get started on it.

Virtues (Longaberger): Not at the top of my list but still a good project for the future.

Hybrid Courses

Ridgewood Golf Course (Ohio): A hybrid between the original 1920s layout and the modern day geography of the land.
"

Excellent work with Cunningham Country Club- Jungle Course and great list of future courses. Waiting for your next works,

Many thanks. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 10:31:12 AM | IP Logged

Thanks so much. Hopefully I can get through the list quickly. 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 4:18:45 PM | IP Logged

I like the unnamed desert course idea. I like compilation courses. I'd be up for doing some holes for this. I've done a par3 and par5 with JJ. A par 4 course could be good.  

Munroco Signature

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 7:28:50 PM | IP Logged

A very early look at Southern Hills. Tees, greens, fairways, bunkers, rough, and that's it.

Next comes water and paths. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 7:48:08 PM | IP Logged

Munroco said:
"I like the unnamed desert course idea. I like compilation courses. I'd be up for doing some holes for this. I've done a par3 and par5 with JJ. A par 4 course could be good."

Neil, that would be fun. I'm not sure I'd want to do all par 4s, but I'll PM you with my idea. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 7:18:24 AM | IP Logged

Nice layout Bobby, thanks for sharing the preview. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 11:09:04 PM | IP Logged

Southern Hills update:

Water and paths are now laid out. All tees and greens are the correct elevation. Ran into some difficulties around 8 green, so hopefully that doesn't become a lingering concern. Next step is fairway and water elevations. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, January 31, 2022 at 9:56:02 PM | IP Logged

Southern Hills update:

Everything is laid out and elevations, greens, bunkers, water are all done through hole 11. I will have to go back to fix the water on hole 7 as it looks goofy right now. No major issues so far, although I'm sure they will present themselves eventually.

I'm still trying to find a texture set I like. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 2:21:33 PM | IP Logged

Sounds good Bobby, thanks for the update. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, February 21, 2022 at 8:05:43 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Bobby Bolin on Monday, February 21, 2022 at 8:06:00 PM

Elevation, etc. done through hole 17. Still need to do:

Trees
Redo hole 7
Adjustments on new info
Many minor additions

Still need to find textures I like. Haven''t really looked yet. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, March 14, 2022 at 9:35:48 PM | IP Logged

Haven't had a ton of free time but have been slowly working on this. I love where the course is right now. I'm working on elevating around the greens then will be adding trees and structures.

Still looking to try to get Wilshire in but it may be a stretch. 

Page of 2
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 2 active members online
Marklk, southside,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - 2022 Design Updates - Page 1 Loaded in 0.328 seconds
Thursday, April 18, 2024 @ 4:28:03 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.