Can't uninstall
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 4:45:12 PM | IP Logged

TW08 didn't install properly. (I have my original disc) I installed it on an old XP PC and it works ok, but with major graphic and possibly memory limitations. Now I can't uninstall it either through the uninstall option in the EASports folder, or using control panel. I'm guessing just deleting all the files will cause me more problems when I try to reinstall. Any ideas? On the plus side The No CD and NO Intro patches worked fine.

Munroco Signature

From Carnoustie, the REAL home of golf.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (63)

Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 8:30:16 AM | IP Logged

Hello Neil,

Best option is to try Revo, its a program that can force a program to uninstall.
Its only working with the pro version of Revo, but you can use it for free for 30 days.
I will try to mail you a zipfile with the setup file inside.
So you have to download the zipfile, unzip it and put the file RevoUninProSetup.exe on you XP system ( thats where you instaaled the troubled TW08 game i believe ).
You can put it on your desktop for exampe, and dubble click it, and it will install RevoUninstallerpro, you should have an icon on your desktop when finished.
Dubble click the icon on your desktop and Revo will open.
Now you will see all installed programs on your PC, in the list select TW08 game.
And on top left you should have option to do a forced uninstall. 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 10:27:32 AM | IP Logged

Thanks again Pat

My old XP machine is fine, its my new(ish) up to date main PC that I'm having the problem with. I thought once I had the XP PC up and running I could clear up some disk space on my main. Then I found that the old PC can't handle the graphics so well, so to see games at their best I decided to reinstall TW08 on my main. That's my current problem.

Hopefully this revo will help. I have a feeling that it was something in the registry that prevented TW08 installing properly. 

Munroco Signature

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 12:08:33 PM | IP Logged

It all seemed to go well, Revo seemed to do it's job. TW08 went through the whole install process with no errors, but when I opened it, again there are no courses. I watched the courses being downloaded and they are in the proper folder along with some courses I had downloaded previously, so Revo didn't delete everything. TWCaddy tells me there are no course installed, and CLSetup tells me TW08 isn't installed.  

Munroco Signature

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 12:15:20 PM | IP Logged

A bit same situation as before it looks, don t forget to run CLsetup and TWCaddie08 as administrator.
Looks like you have to make a zipfile again of the stock courses folders, and reinstall in TW08. 

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 2:50:12 PM | IP Logged

When I try to do this I end up with 2 course folders and I still need to install the various components. There is no sound, I am limited to using one of the stock players, it's just not worth it. I'm gonna delete everything two8 related and give it one more try. 

Munroco Signature

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 3:20:41 PM | IP Logged

Slightly different this time. It went a lot faster, but just as it was almost 100% done, a message came up saying

"A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file E:\TW08_inst.exe from the media, do you want to retry to copy the file or quit the installation."

I clicked retry a few times but with no result. so then I clicked cancel. I got another message saying:

"The installation has completed successfully"

While the installation process was going on my PC was trying to contact EASports online.

Needless to say the installation WASN'T successful. This time the game opened with a white screen instead of the normal "EA Sports it in the game" then it went to the opening page, but again there were no courses available, yet they are all there in the courses folder. If it wasn't for the fact that I installed TW08 on my other PC I'd think the disc was corrupted somehow. 

Munroco Signature

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 5:03:44 PM | IP Logged

Last resort. I copied an easo file and burnt it to disk and tried to install from that. As per my original disc, I got right to the end of the install and got the same message. ie A problem occurred when trying to transfer the file e:/TW08_inst.exe from the media. Retry or cancel? At least I have verified my disc is ok, so for some reason my PC must be the problem. It ran TW08 fine until I uninstalled it a few days ago. 

Munroco Signature

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 10:27:41 AM | IP Logged

Hiya Neil,

I remember someone had that message too, (TW08_inst.exe transfer problem ), i believe his Firewall was blocking it.

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 12:05:57 PM | IP Logged

I turned my antivirus off. Maybe windows firewall...... I'll try that. I have it kindoff working atm, I can see my course which is the main thing. 

Munroco Signature

Munroco
General Member
No User Image
Scotland

Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 2:09:17 PM | IP Logged

Unfortunsately that didn't make a difference. I had high hopes when I saw your answer, it sounded right. I think I now know my TW08 registration code by heart. Back to the drawing board. 

Munroco Signature

There are 1 active members online
jonbuk,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Can't uninstall - Page 1 Loaded in 0.359 seconds
Friday, May 3, 2024 @ 4:53:01 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.