Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

jurgie
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 1/12/1948 (76)

Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 10:25:07 PM | IP Logged

I have wondered about this querk for years when you create Seasons as in Links 2k3, PGA tours as in TW as well I believe it to be the case in the PGA 2K21 platform. In the formats I have mentioned only Links allowed another and only one golfer to join you in season created tournaments. The problem was and still is, the one player was randomly chosen by the computer. Consequently you often ended up playing with a female golfer or worse yet a female Ani bearing a man's name. As everyone here knows, that in TW you can only play the PGA Tour as a single with no computer player as partner. Yet in any other format in both Links and TW you are allowed to have numerous computer players in any format you desire except for Seasons in Links and PGA Tour in TW. The new PGA 2K21 platform I believe is that way as well. I am guessing that the reason might be that the game engines are not equipped to handle player tour stats for players that you custom create. If indeed that is the reason, you would think that they could at least team up with the stock players that came with whatever platform you were playing. It has always bugged me to play the created Tours, and waltz through a whole season as a onesome. Everybody at this forum is pretty savy, so if you know the reason for this, I for one would love to be enlightened. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 10:03:36 AM | IP Logged

I would imagine the reason for not including computer partners is that its a time thing. It takes time to watch another computer player play the hole with you. It's basically just you sitting there watching something instead of actually playing yourself. The TW series in particular was/is targeted to the masses. The hardcore golf fan might enjuoy the realism of having computer partners, but the casual player would get annoyed prety quickly and would probably just hit the skip button, if available, to get back to playing.

For what its worth, in TW, when I've played a single round game with computer partners, they always play wrong, laying up when clearly they should go for it, or getting unrealistic distances from the club in their hands. 

MGM
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, April 16, 2021 at 1:38:45 AM | IP Logged

I think its a (time thing) too. I am amazed that both TW08 and Links 2003 continue to work online and offline.

As for TW08 I really enjoy golf4fun. I don't play much but it's a nice break from the other existing 3click meter (included) video golf game Perfect Golf. Between PG14 and Links 2003 there is a long wait after the shot.

I wish all golf games during solo play gave us the ESC Key like TW08 does. What a great concept for fasties like me.

Fast is not any kind of achievement, it's just a (tempo thing) that some of us enjoy. We don't have to look at charts or do math in our heads or on paper. The entire PC golf experience for 25 years allows us to use our intuition and experience just by looking at the forward view for about 3-5 seconds.

I play solo in all three PC golf games 99% of the time.

At any rate, I am grateful to have all three games installed on this gaming rig I built in 2017 and have upgraded it heavily along the way.

I hope all three golf games I have mentioned will be around for years to come. Most of us old-timers were in our 30's and 40's when we started 386. We are all between 25 and 30 years older. Yikes!

There are 1 active members online
TPC_IRONMAN,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Solo Play Only? - Page 1 Loaded in 0.125 seconds
Thursday, April 25, 2024 @ 7:04:03 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.