Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 2:50:02 PM | IP Logged

I'm sure I left some off this list that deserve to be on here, but for those of you playing anything from 02-08, here are some designers for you to check out. There are a variety of styles here. Please feel free to add your own to this list as well.

Dammpa and Damma (2002-04)- Perhaps the most creative duo to ever create a course. They did realistic fictional courses as well as their own signature fantasy courses.

Jimbo64 (2003-06)- A definite Carolinian feel to most of his works. Smooth and simple would be a couple words to describe his courses. He was one of the most well respected designers of his time period. A few of his courses are still playable in 08.

Maggie (2006-07)- One of the nicest human beings I have ever cyberly encountered, and an extremely skilled designer with amazing attention to detail. There isn't a whole lot of quantity but the quality is top tier.

More to come!

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 9:20:11 PM | IP Logged

Homeboy (2006-08)- Possibly the most well respected course creator of all time, Roger made both fictional and real courses look stunning, although he specialized in real courses.

Steve Danut (2003-08)- 111 total courses with 143,000 downloads speaks for itself. Steve was a wealth of designing knowledge and one of the foremost names in designing.

Stefanie (2006-08)- Some of the most visually see inspiring courses came from Stefanie, an artistic genius who created both real and fictional courses. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, February 5, 2021 at 5:02:37 PM | IP Logged

Steve Opfer (2002-04)- Full disclosure, I don't remember a ton about Opfer's courses, but he's always been in my mind as one of the original fine course designers of TW games. Rappahanock Bay looks to be his signature course and I might have to go back and give it another shot.

Steve Richardson (2003-06)- There aren't a ton of Richardson courses out there, but his natural looking design style is one of a kind. I learned of Steve when he won the TWC design contest with Birchmere in 2004.

Bruce McIsaac (2004-06)- McBruce was one of the most helpful people in helping me become the designer that I am. His solo work came prior to the modern games and then he helped work with the PGAX/CGX Design Team beginning with the 08 game. I'm not exactly sure what happened from that point on but I will always be grateful for the assistance he gave me. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 5:03:35 PM | IP Logged

Ken McHale (2002-08)- No designer is more well known for or associated with a single individual course as Ken McHale is with Augusta. He updated his masterpiece every year the game came out and occasionally threw in another course for fun.

Instigatordj (2005-08)- A well versed designer who had a good balance of real, fictional, and fantasy courses, including the extremely creative Volcanology.

Elliot (2004-07)- One of my best friends of the 2000s, Elliot was as into the game as I was and we had some good times chatting and playing each other's designs. I still plan to golf with him if I'm ever fortunate enough to travel to New Zealand. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 1:57:42 PM | IP Logged

Axe360 (2006-08)- Larry had a distinct style and favored the real and fictional courses of the west coast and western desert of the USA. He was one of my best friends in the TW08 years and has since moved on to designing for other golf games.

Okeyesten (2004-08)- Sam McClanahan, who I always thought of as "Okay, yes, then" was equally renowned for his playing with the Clambakers Tour and his designs, progressing from some early fantasy courses to more real courses, including his multiple renditions of TPC Avenel.

Barrylb (2003-08)- What a body of work for one of the GOATs throughout the years. Barry was very imaginative and was excellent at replicating real courses. If only he focused more on Ohio than Michigan!!! 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, February 8, 2021 at 10:16:33 PM | IP Logged

Engguy (2002-2008)- The master of the European fictional course, he absolutely nailed courses like Moreta Park, Clambaker Hills, St. Celticars, and Royal Slioch and Maree. What an asset to our community for many years!

Ronbrug (2005-2008)- While Ron created some fictional courses in his early days, he focused on real courses in the latter years and gave us many fantastic renditions, including several major championship layouts.

Gatorbucx (2002-2006)- I am not as familiar with Gatorbucx's work as I am many of the other creators on here, but he built a reputation as a good designer with memorable layouts. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 9:25:51 PM | IP Logged

Plawlor (2005-2008)- Peter always intrigued me because he lived right across Lake Erie from me and we had similar ideas about creating courses in this geographical area. My North Coast CC course is based off the same idea he had when creating Erie Cliffs. All his designs are fictional Canadian courses, a necessity for a full fictional tour experience.

Smiling Goats (2005-2008)- Smiling Goats contributed a few well designed courses, and teamed up with Homeboy for a few more, but his biggest contribution to the community were his wonderful design videos that helped many people learn the CA and the entire course design process.

Big9324 (2003-2008)- Just an overall cool dude, Will had some of the most visually pleasing designs in the old games and created some killer libraries that were well utilized by the community. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 4:19:07 PM | IP Logged

J Markle (2003-2007)- Mulligan Markle was another influential community member that I remember from TWC. His most notorious design was Peck Island Park, a multi-updated Par 3 course with a lot of cliffs and a lot of water.

Mick-S (2003-2007)- Mr. Sutcliffe specialized in real British Isles courses and threw in an occasional fictional layout. His style and course choices are very similar to Tee Off Towersey's.

Smak2000 (2002-2004)- Smak was most active for TW2003 and did he produce some fantastic courses, both real and fictional. He left a big impact on a lot of designers and was overall a community treasure. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 at 7:03:33 PM | IP Logged

SDConnors (2003-2007)- I'll be the first to admit that I don't remember Connors' courses very well, but I do remember him getting acclaim as a designer when they were released. Connors Hawaiian Cliffs is the one I go back to the most.

JBJ (2003-2004)- I owe SJS a lot when it comes to getting design ideas. In fact, I also learned HTML coding from him. All SJS designs were named for his daughter Kathryn and then his most recent was named for his newborn daughter Julia. His idea was to make a different themed design for every letter in the alphabet (Kathryn Acres, Kathryn Bayside, etc.) and he got as far as Kathryn Juniper before calling it quits. He is the inspiration behind the Bolinwood series, which one day will have all 26 letters represented!

Jeff Helton (2003-2005)- Zona was instrumental in teaching the CA to many young designers and teamed up with DesertRat to do some great things. 

BJMac
General Member
No User Image
Australia

B-Day: 1/24/1975 (49)

Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 4:33:50 PM | IP Logged

That's brilliant Bobby, an awesome testament, thanks so much for sharing. You've mentioned a lot of designers I was heretofore unaware of - this will serve as a great checklist. Cheers! 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 11:57:03 PM | IP Logged

Just thinking. I left out Hunting Leopard. I love that all his fictional courses had a real location. Grugwyn Abbey being my favorite. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 8:55:24 PM | IP Logged

Another that I forgot, huge name when I started: Chingu. Worked a lot with Steve Danut. Unfortunately passed away a few years ago. 

There are 1 active members online
findizzle,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Favorite Retired Designers - Page 1 Loaded in 0.219 seconds
Thursday, April 18, 2024 @ 12:57:16 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.