Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 9:02:54 PM | IP Logged

Here is a list of my current projects with potential timelines:

Real Courses
Omaha Country Club- Just started, goal is to have it done by the time of the US Senior Open
Bellerive Country Club- Have not started other than elevation models. Lowest priority right now.
Mystery West Coast Course- I have about 4-5 holes laid out. This is a fun project but will be very work intensive.
Chicago Golf Club- Same as Bellerive, only have downloaded elevation models.
Virtues Golf Club (formerly Longaberger)- I have had this course laid out for over a decade but just cannot get the motivation to work on it. Played it last year and got a ton of great pictures.
Atlanta Athletic Club- This is still a potential project but I'd love to have it ready by the time of the Women's PGA if I do start it.

Hybrid Courses
I'm working on a historical project, a real course near my house that was butchered up in the 1950s and has become a municipal course. I'm looking to restore it to its former glory with some updates into the 21st century.

Fictional Courses
Chanterelle Hills- Complete redesign of a 2002 Voyen Koreis classic, each hole is laid out but still need to route the course and do elevations
Drago Volante Club- A US Open style course just outside of the Bronx. Course is laid out and major elevation work is done.
Cunningham Country Club- Jungle Course- Course is fully laid out, currently working on elevations
Mapleside Orchard (for now)- Based on the venue of my brother's wedding plus an iconic part of Cleveland designed by Frederick Law Olmsted. Course is fully laid out and most elevation work is done. Need to do greens and bunkers along with planting.
Black Hills GC- This was my first ever course and I am looking to use it as a template for a new course. Still very early on.

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Monday, December 21, 2020 at 12:32:16 PM | IP Logged

Wooow, sounds great Bobby. 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Monday, December 21, 2020 at 12:57:24 PM | IP Logged

BIG THANKS BOBBY FOR PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE WORK. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2020 at 10:16:10 AM | IP Logged

A few more updates:

1. Forgot to list a fictional course: no name yet, Firestone inspired. Laid out, major elevation work.

2. Omaha and mystery course completely laid out. Elevation work will be brutal on both of these. I also don't have much info on the greens.

3. The assistant superintendent at Omaha CC is actually named Bobby Bolin, so that's pretty awesome. I've never met another one. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 at 11:35:20 AM | IP Logged

Bellerive Country Club is also on my list, maybe we can do a joint course, you can do the 08 version and I will than replant it for 07. Did all the back round research on this and I can draw the layout from all the material I have. The Tiger Woods comeback at that PGA is something I will never forget and was an inspiration. As far as modern majors, this was the best tournament I saw in years. Even did a video about it.

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, December 25, 2020 at 1:39:07 PM | IP Logged

Love the plan. I can draw it with the terrain assist program as well. I already have the files ready. Sounds like a fun tag team project. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 at 9:32:08 AM | IP Logged

Mystery Course update: I'm having a ton of fun making this course. I've never worked on a course with the challenge of so much elevation change. Really excited to share this one.

Omaha update: 18 holes laid out, currently adding first cut and reworking bunkers, following a recent restoration. Next step will be to check elevations. Amazing how much elevation change for a course in Nebraska.

Bellerive update: Hyno and I are indeed going to give this a go. I'm laying the course out to start. Thru hole 6 right now. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 11:28:15 PM | IP Logged

On a New Year's Eve miracle, I found a way to get Atlanta Athletic Club to work with the TA program. I won't be able to use it for the elevations, which is fine. I really wanted to be able to draw the course using the program. The course doesn't have a ton of elevation change anyway. It was an extremely drawn out process, but it looks like that will be added to my list.

Here's my hopeful timeline:

Mystery Course- Sometime in January
Omaha Country Club- January/February
Atlanta Athletic Club- March/April
Bellerive with Hyno- Hard to say, probably a couple months, depending on both of our schedules.

Happy 2021! 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 2:50:12 PM | IP Logged

Updates:

I've just finished reading George Thomas's book "Golf Architecture in America". In the last few years he has grown to become my absolute favorite designer and it's amazing some of the things he mentions in his 1927 book that are still relevant to today. Highly recommended, especially for $12 on Amazon.

Black Hills- I am going to take the worst course I ever designed (if you don't believe me, look here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mbeEWV5L5z4pKqNKbxfgDNqfEMZWjCjN?usp=sharing) and blend it with some of George Thomas's ideas, and hopefully a little improvement I've showed since 2004. I think the combination of those things are going to produce a good course. This is still in the very early planning stages.

Mystery Course- Some hints in this post as to its identity. I'm currently done with all major elevations and am currently working on bunkering and greens. Working on hole 6 tonight.

Omaha- Course is laid out and major elevation work is done. I'm currently working on elevations for playability on some fairways. On hold for a bit as I work on the above course.

Atlanta- All files are ready to go. That's about it.

Also forgot to list in the original post- Fictional Links Course inspired by St. Andrews but probably located in England somewhere. I'm really enjoying combining fairways, playing with contours and roll. A few holes are done on this one. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 2:52:38 PM | IP Logged

Bellerive Update- Course is fully laid out and holes have been defined. Sent to Hyno to work on some elevations and more detailed layout. 

Quietly
General Member
No User Image
Canada

B-Day: 12/12/1800 (223)

Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 7:43:10 PM | IP Logged

I think that might be one of the only books I don't have on the subject of golf course architecture. I imagine his ideas are similar to many of the other golden age architects.

I really enjoyed Tom Doak's 'Anatomy of a Golf Course', as he is probably the biggest name in modern architectures return to golden age ideals. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 8:11:01 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Bobby Bolin on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 8:11:00 PM

It''s worth the read for sure. The ebook was like $2.

I would put Doak second behind Hanse. Hanse is restoring everything in sight: LA, Brookline, Oakland Hills, Pinehurst, among many others.

Also, Doak is another good clue to the mystery course! 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:04:11 PM | IP Logged

Update:

Mystery Course- Testing pins and planting trees. Pins are about 60 percent finished. Trees are about 40 percent done. The course is coming together quickly. Thanks to GolfMike for helping with graphics!

Omaha- No real big updates right now. All tees and greens are at the proper elevation.

Atlanta- Have a yardage book coming in the mail. Watching the final round from 2001 PGA on YouTube and have the highlight DVD from 2011.

Bellerive- Hyno has been doing some detail work.

DEM updates:

I really enjoy shaping DEM files and orthoimagery and have downloaded a few files of courses I'm thinking of doing in the future. Among those are Chicago Golf Club and Camargo Club.

I've worked with Bruce Ryder on laying out a couple real courses that he wants to do. Best of luck to him! 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 11:05:21 PM | IP Logged

Very happy to share that the mystery course can now be revealed:

Bel-Air Country Club- An absolute masterpiece by George Thomas, restored by Tom Doak, that weaves through three canyons and some of the most luxurious homes in Los Angeles. If you have not seen any pictures of this course, make sure to do a little research. It is well worth it!

The course is uploaded and should be available soon. Here is a screenshot to pass the time. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 at 8:58:10 PM | IP Logged

I have upgraded a course I released in 2019, Dropoff Point, which should be available to download soon.

To Do List:
Bellerive planting then send off to Hyno
Begin laying out Atlanta Athletic Club
Work on elevations for Omaha Country Club 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 6:29:02 AM | IP Logged

Nice one Bobby, Dropoff Point 21 is available for download now. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 at 8:56:46 PM | IP Logged

Weekend update:

CCC-Jungle- Fully laid out. Had a couple fun ideas, including a biarritz hole. Major elevations done. Done with greens and bunkers on holes 1&2.

Omaha- All major elevation work done. Bunkers and greens are next.

Bellerive- Major elevations and cart paths done. Important trees planted on the front nine. Sent back to Hyno.

Atlanta- Nothing yet. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 7:47:45 AM | IP Logged

Another quick side project. I'm planning to release updated versions of a few old fictional courses. The three main areas of focus of these is playability on all difficulty levels, better views from the tee box, three sets of playable tees. Look for a few of these courses in addition to the other projects. No timeline. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 1:11:29 PM | IP Logged

The bad news: I have covid

The good news: I don't feel really sick

The better news: I will have a little extra time on my hands the next week or so

Bolinwood- Golden Course 21 Updated- just need to test a few more pins

Bellerive- In the hands of Hyno

Omaha- Have put in a little work. Quietly has made some fantastic textures.

Chanterelle- Quietly has made textures for this one as well 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 4:16:05 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 4:17:00 PM

Bobby, get well, i wish you a speedy and full recovery.  

Page of 4
<< Prev. Page ? Next Page >>

There are 1 active members online
whisperinrod56,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Design Updates - Page 1 Loaded in 0.328 seconds
Wednesday, April 24, 2024 @ 8:25:37 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.