2008 Stock Courses not showing up
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

golfingod
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 at 5:50:44 PM | IP Logged

I've got 2008, and in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08\Courses there are folders for all the courses I've downloaded, like "Augusta 2008", and there are also folders like "BOS" which contains TPC Boston, the following files/folders:

folder cls
folder tl
BOS.dds
bos.ini
bos.tcl
bos.tcr
BOS.txt
CM.tbf
F_BOS.txt
flag.dds
logo.dds
snd.ini

There are similar folders for COG, DOR, EAS, FRS, etc., all the stock courses on my TW2008 disk

When I play, using TW Cloak tool to cloak courses or not, the stock courses don't show up at all. All the downloaded courses show up fine. I went to the CD and copied the "courses" directory to my hard drive, but don't know what to do with it. Don't see an option to install courses anywhere. So my question, of course, is what do I do? I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall 2008, but I would like, from time to time, to play the stock courses. Advice?

Thanks, Golfingod

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 at 6:50:41 PM | IP Logged

A clean uninstall and re-install is the best. But if you have a lot of custom courses...well. Gunpower or someone might have a solution. Good luck.  

golfingod
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 3:52:59 PM | IP Logged

Thanks, guess I'll do the re-install! 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 8:41:50 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 8:52:00 AM

You can also try to install the stock courses with TWCaddie08:

On your DVD drive locate the stock courses folders.
Copy the stock courses folders from your DVD drive, and make a zipfile of each stock course folder.
Now install the zipfiles in TW08 with TWCaddie08.
Inside the zipfiles there is also the stock library included, so when installing you might have a warning the library is already installed, ignore the warning and continue the installation.

Note: i remember i had same problem, stock courses not installing on win 10, this is what i had to do:

I had to reinstall the stock courses, as described above.
But first i had to remove some files in the stock folders, it looks a few files were interferring.
Only files i kept in the stock course folder, before i made a zipfile:
For example files inside stock course folder DOR:
Dor.dds
Dor.tcl
Dor.txt
flag.dds
Dor.tcr
logo.dds
cls folder

( i deleted the other files before i created the zipfile )

There are 1 active members online
raylloyd7,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - 2008 Stock Courses not showing up - Page 1 Loaded in 0.125 seconds
Tuesday, April 16, 2024 @ 3:03:47 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.