Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

noblecomputi
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 8:44:49 PM | IP Logged

edited by: noblecomputin on Friday, October 18, 2019 at 3:23:00 PM

Hey guys. I dusted off my Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008 and decided to stick with it. Greg and I have been doing shows for about 3 years both on Twitch and YouTube. Now that we are playing TW 2008 on a regular basis, we are hoping to meet up with some guys to play online on our show. We are originally from The Golf Club game, but they pissed us off enough to stop playing it! Stop by on either Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/thekentandgregshow or on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGyylYE5eWC3wGNZ_ENNiTQ

We just posted a tutorial on how to get TW 2008 running with wide screen graphics and how to play online with your friends. 

rwilk
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 6/16/1934 (89)

Posted: Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 6:50:33 PM | IP Logged

No videos available on twitch. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, October 4, 2019 at 11:27:26 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, October 4, 2019 at 11:31:00 AM

Thanks Noblecomputing, for sharing the videos, rwilk, you will find the videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGyylYE5eWC3wGNZ_ENNiTQ/videos

Or on this link:

https://www.twitch.tv/thekentandgregshow/videos?filter=highlights&sort=time

Note: this is a sticky topic now. 

noblecomputi
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

Posted: Friday, October 18, 2019 at 2:50:41 PM | IP Logged

GunPower61, thanks for allowing us to advertise on here man. I have been a member and have donated several times through out the years. It still amazes me how big of a community you have here for such an old game! Keep up the great work. I just loaded Tiger Woods 2004 and the course designer. Although I have 18 courses in TGC 2019, I have never designed in this game. Watched the tutorials you have on the site and I am going to give it shot! 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 3:33:34 PM | IP Logged

I wrote about you guys in the Portrush web blog. The one guy does all the Philly and the Buck County courses with the Lidar. Which was super impressive. The detail of the elevations is pretty close to perfect. The holes and bunker placement is perfectly traced and imported in to the game.

So what I decided to do was to take your Philly Cricket Course and copy that over to the TW Woods game. TeeOffTowersey is able to trace the layouts and import them in to the TW CA program. He did that for me which was very nice of him. What will than be done. Will load up TCG 2019 on another computer next to the designing computer. Basically mimic the elevation changes pretty close to your course and can copy some of the planting over. I will reshape the layout to mold it in to a video game.

My shaping skill set can be seen on courses like Oakmont. Here is the deal on a course like Oakmont in the LC you can alter the properties of the textures. You can custom create advanced game play effects. For example making the greens ultra fast. Making greens super firm and creating the amount of spin from the fairway shots to controlling the effects how the ball comes out of the rough. Most of the time the default stock settings work fine. On a course like Oakmont were you are making a US Open course this ads more challenge and feel to the game. This was done 10 years ago when that course was released on Course downloads.

With TexMod with the TW game is a game changer because it is possible to custom design the Golfers outfits, you can create new clubs. Aka I built the Rocketballz Driver and the M1 and even the Sldr Driver and than created mimics of the shafts so it looks amazing. Any texture you don't like you can change. If you don't like the color of the leaves on a tree you can change that.

Because the way the game works, the stock textures use a two texture blend which in game works and looks a lot better on base textures. In the LC we can only create a one blend texture and the game lighting doesn't render it great. With TexMods it is now possible to make super amazing blending texture sets which was never possible passed the 06 engine.

There are 1 active members online
Mike_S,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Kent and Gregs Show - Page 1 Loaded in 0.156 seconds
Thursday, March 28, 2024 @ 7:16:16 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.