Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 at 11:52:50 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Monday, July 22, 2019 at 11:58:00 PM

Have wanted to do this for a long time, however never had any luck.

In TW03 you have some rare stock players

Mark O''Meara
Brad Faxson
Stewart Cink
Steve Stricker
Mark Calcavecchia
David Feherty

With the TexMod program you can pull the face texture, so for example Gary Player does not port over from the 05 game, it is possible to pull his hair texture and face texture out of 05 and than rebuilt him in 06,07 or 08 using TexMod replacement textures.

My question or goal is to somehow port over these old 03 stock players. TexMod does not work for me in the 03 game. 04 to 08 it works great you can pull any texture and replace any texture in the game.

For this post I am going to try to do Gary Player from the 05 game. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 7:02:00 AM | IP Logged

Ok, good luck Hyno, hopefully it works. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 3:17:06 AM | IP Logged

To unlock Gary Player and Seve had to go through career mode and I never made it passed the Tiger Proof course matches in 05. Wanted to test out this theory and took JB Holmes from 08 and tried to recreate him in 07. To make this as simple as possible. Created JB with off color hair and eyebrows (red). Don't want to rewrite a hair texture for the entire game that I've used a lot of. The eyebrows are created in the face texture for the stock players. You pull the eyebrows and replace that texture with a blank .png file.

Each texture has a mesh file it belongs to. The mesh files for the Stock players we don't have access to them. So JB's hair style can't port over. Next you pull the face texture and neck texture in 08 and than replace those textures on your custom player.

Judge for yourself it didn't really work. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 3:44:33 AM | IP Logged

Need some help on this, you have coded player files in the game.

01char.xbx

01alltex.fxx

In the 08 engine it goes from 01 to 51 but on the way you have missing files, my guess they are the older stock players that have been removed.

Than you have two .csd files

Nicklaus, Palmer and Hogan ported over to the 08 game, so they never removed the files or commentary.

I believe it is possible to re-code the game and bring over the 05 audio files for Gary Player and Seve. So the game says their names and also to re code those players in to the game.

I also think you can go backwards and code someone like JB Holmes in to the 07 game, these are just theories and I don't have the skill to do this nor to figure out which player number is coded to what player.

As far as the 03 players I don't know if that is possible. The gameface that came out in 05 was a different model but that model was used from 05 to 08. 

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, September 20, 2019 at 3:53:22 PM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Friday, September 20, 2019 at 3:55:00 PM

Had some time to look in to this. Hogan, Nicklaus and Palmer were in the 06 game and they left out Seve and Gary Player. These stock players have a custom mesh built for their heads and for the hair.

The 06 game did not remove the alltex.fxx files nor the char.xbx

It is the same files as in 05. However when you port over Seve or Gary they default to look like Tiger Woods.

The missing files in 07 and 08 are all in 06 however they all have a creation dates of 6/29/05.

We need a code writer to be able to look at the alltex.fxx and char.xbx file and than assign them to the .sp player picture file.

Now the 05 Seve face texture cause the mesh is so different will not work with any 07 or 08 stock game face. I could not merge the eyebrows or nose of any facial features.

The 05 Seve looked really good, the hair, the face and retro 70 ties big collar. It is a shame that we could not get this working nor Gary or David calling him by his name in the game. (Going to look in to the commentary)

We are stuck having to use Gameface to create the player. So I went in and revamped my old Seve giving him his 83 Masters outfit.

There are 1 active members online
jabbs0817,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Porting Over Old Stock Players - Page 1 Loaded in 0.250 seconds
Tuesday, April 23, 2024 @ 6:55:16 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.