Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
Adding TW06 Players to TW08
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 11:34:59 AM | IP Logged

There are some classic players in TW06 that I'd like to use in TW08, i.e., Hal Duff. I can transfer everything from my Tiger Woods 2006 folder except for the picture that shows up on the screen where you choose your golfer and when I go to the game face page, there isn't a picture of the golfer...just the basic EA Sports picture. Has anyone done this? If so, what am I missing? Or is there a secret to it? Attached is an exported to jpeg picture of the game's photobtn creation..so it looks like it is doing something. Maybe the folders are read only and need to be changed? Thanks. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 7:14:14 AM | IP Logged

Hello Bruce,
Transfer of players from TW06 to TW08 is not 100% working, some more info on link below:

www.coursedownloads.com/forum/posts.asp?post=4920&forum=11

Hyno Designs
General Member
United States of America

B-Day: 10/30/1976 (47)

Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 7:09:51 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Hyno Designs on Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 7:10:00 AM

I am reading this post saying hey this is interesting, than Gunpower provides a link and I am the one explaining it. That does not help.

Forget how to do this for 08.

In the program files, EaSports/Tw08/data/players that is all the player pics .dds files

You can take the 06 dds or create a new one.

Go in to the my doc folder and delete photo.tga and photobtn.tga

Every time than when you go back in to the player and edit him, it will than create new picture files. Than you have to go back and delete the new photo.tga and photobtn.tga.

Because I do recall being able to do this, their is a way to never have the player pic rewritten.

I do believe you need to assign the player pic in another game aka 05, 06 or 07 if you were creating them from scratch like making Dustin Johnson. 

There are 1 active members online
Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Adding TW06 Players to TW08 - Page 1 Loaded in 0.172 seconds
Friday, April 26, 2024 @ 1:28:00 PM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.