Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : General
Problem with some courses
Post Reply    New Topic  
Author  Message

birdman1952
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 12:49:49 PM | IP Logged

I play on an ASUS gaming laptop with windows 10. On some courses, like this week's OPEN course, after I play one hole, the scorecard will come up with my player superimposed on the scorecard,and I do not advance to the next hole to tee off. Sometimes after I finish the first hole, TW08 disappears and I'm kicked back to my desktop. I have deleted these courses and reloaded them, only to get the same results. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem?
Also, if I go to the PRACTICE MODE where no scorecard pops up, and play "follow your shot", I can play the course just fine. 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 1:27:29 PM | IP Logged

Did you do the Confidence Folder fix? 

Bobby Bolin
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 5/5/1988 (35)

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 1:28:57 PM | IP Logged

From Pat, the site admin:

There is a problem with the confidence tool in TW08, you will have to set it to Read only on your player.
When you don t do the fix then your game will crash one day.

After you did new installation of TW08, don t forget to do the confidence folder fix on your player in TW08, it is a very important thing to do.

There is a bug in the TW08 game, all members should do this fix.
When you played some courses you will see the loading times between holes are increasing, the game will become slower and slower.
Do next steps to solve the problem:

1) On desktop you will see the folder My Documents. Open this folder.
( when you are using Vista or Win7 or Win8 or win10: on desktop look for folder: User (or username).....inside you will find: Documents )
2) Inside Documents look for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008. Open this folder and then open the folder Career
3) Inside Career open the folder Players. Inside this folder, look for your playersname folder and open it.
4) Open the folder Confidence.
5) Inside you will find these files: Hole Type.tcn and Shot Type.tcn, now delete both files.
6) Important step here! Restart the TW08 game and play 1 hole on any stock course, then close TW08 game.
7) Go back to same Confidence folder and you will see both files are regenerated: but now they are very small in size.
Now right click the Hole Type.tcn file and choose Properties. Check the box next to Read Only and click OK.
Now do the same thing for the Shot Type.tcn file.

birdman1952
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 6:25:25 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for the fix. Quite a while ago I did the confidence file fix...however... by doing it again seems to have fixed my problem...TYVM 

birdman1952
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 7:18:00 PM | IP Logged

Unfortunately, the problem has reoccurred. I'm playing the 4 round OPEN tournament at Golf 4 Fun. Round 1 played fine. Round 2 kicked me back to desktop after 3 holes....so I ran the confidence fix one more time and played round 3....got kicked out after one hole...checked the confidence folder and both files still showed READ ONLY...one file was 1kb...the other file was 28 kb.

I tried round 4 with the files deleted and didn't go back to confidence folder.....played one hole and got kicked back to desktop.

Tried 2 other courses and had no problems....every once in a while, I'll find a course that will experience this malfunction.

Any other ideas????  

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 at 5:30:34 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, July 19, 2019 at 5:31:00 AM

When you deleted the files in the confidence folder, then they probably will be regenerated, in that case you will have to do the confidence folder fix again on the files.
Yes sometimes its possibble a few courses are not working on a pc system, and for other people on another system they work.

What you can try is to run TW08 in compatibility mode:
--------------------------------------------------------

Right click on TW08 icon you start the game with, and choose: Properties....and on top choose: compatibility
Now check the box: Run this program in compatibility mode
And in the box below choose: Windows XP ( service pack 3 )

Not sure it will help, but worth to try. 

birdman1952
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 at 10:21:06 AM | IP Logged

Thanks for the tip...tried the XP compatibility mode...unfortunately did not fix problem..
Checked the Confidence Folder..shows 1 kb and 4 kb in the 2 files...and still showing read only....the problem seems to be associated with the scorecard because if I go to the PRACTICE MODE where no scorecard pops up, and play "follow your shot", I can play the course just fine. Is there anyway that I can delete the scorecard?

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 at 11:05:00 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Friday, July 19, 2019 at 11:17:00 AM

I don t think you can skip the scorecard.
Do you have a few names of courses you have that problem with the scorecard.
Did you try to lower your graphics settings in TW08, not sure it will help though ?
Start TW08....Options....Graphics ( set it to: manual settings )
And there you can lower some graphics settings.

Also on gaming laptops there are sometimes 2 graphics cards, 1 integrated weaker card, and a stronger graphics card like nvidia card.
Be sure you are using the strongest graphics card, when you have an nvidia stronger card then it can be set in the nvidia control panel ( there you can choose which card the game will use.
But as i said, that is only when your laptop has two graphics cards. 

birdman1952
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 at 12:34:51 PM | IP Logged

I am checking to see if I can find the courses that are problematic. The strange thing is that I was able to play Round 1 in the tournament after fixing the Confidence File, but wasn't able to play the next 3 rounds. 

dawg8
General Member
No User Image
United States of America

B-Day: 12/20/1946 (77)

Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 at 3:39:09 PM | IP Logged

If you use CLSetup to install courses and libraries...go to the uninstall libraries feature. And see if there are libraries that can be uninstalled(blank areas where a number should be. If so try to uninstall...if you get a message that will not allow that, get the exact name of said library. Have Gunpower61 get/give you the Registray Key and how to delete it. I had your problem years ago...and I belive this was the way I fixed it...good luck. 

birdman1952
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 10:42:19 AM | IP Logged

@Gunpower...The courses are:
CGX Royal Portrush
Bay Hill Club & Lodge CGX
CGX KUALA LUMPUR WEST

Since these are all CGX courses, I don't know if I still have access to them in order to compare the libraries. 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 10:57:43 AM | IP Logged

edited by: Gunpower61 on Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 11:19:00 AM

When you open TWCaddie08, on left side you see the installed courses.
Dubble click the coursename ( text ), and you will receive a list of all used libraries for that course.
This way you can compare the 3 courses, and you can see if they use the same library on all 3 courses.
Maybe one of the libraries is not loading good, or is taking to much memory, not sure though.

Note: Also be sure the PRO tees on CGX courses.
Mostly only the PRO tees are used on CGX courses 

birdman1952
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 9:35:05 AM | IP Logged

Gunpower61 said:
"I don t think you can skip the scorecard.
Do you have a few names of courses you have that problem with the scorecard.
Did you try to lower your graphics settings in TW08, not sure it will help though ?
Start TW08....Options....Graphics ( set it to: manual settings )
And there you can lower some graphics settings.

Also on gaming laptops there are sometimes 2 graphics cards, 1 integrated weaker card, and a stronger graphics card like nvidia card.
Be sure you are using the strongest graphics card, when you have an nvidia stronger card then it can be set in the nvidia control panel ( there you can choose which card the game will use.
But as i said, that is only when your laptop has two graphics cards."

You were right about the 2 graphics card....once I disabled one of the cards, the game is playing fine...so far...lol...
TYVM 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 9:45:00 AM | IP Logged

Hiya birdman, good news you got it working. 

There are 2 active members online
funcle, Gunpower61,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Problem with some courses - Page 1 Loaded in 0.266 seconds
Tuesday, March 19, 2024 @ 7:29:39 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.