Menu:  Tiger Woods Forum : The Course Source
Knob Hill Shores Golf Club
Post Reply    New Topic    New Topic  
Author  Message

bryder2162
General Member
United States of America

Posted: Friday, June 21, 2019 at 11:18:39 AM | IP Logged

A little history: In 2000, I fell in love with golf. Not playing it (I have a bad back and only play an occasional miniature golf round), but computer golf. My love affair started as a result of buying and playing the PGA Championship Golf game by Sierra Sports. Even though I had no real golfing experience, I enjoyed the game and soon became interested in trying out the course architect to make my own courses. My first effort was absolutely awful! I had holes going all over the place. Fairways as wide as a football field is long and it seemed like I used every 3D and 2D object I could. Well, being a very creative person, I tried another course. This one was based on the community where I spent most of my childhood...Knob Hill Shores. What makes this community so unique is that it is situated between two brackish ponds on Cape Cod. There were lots of cranberry bogs and other cool places for young boys to explore. I decided my course would show some of those cool places I frequented as a young boy.

This Tiger Woods 2008 course, is based on that 2nd PGA Championship Golf course I created. In fact, most of the holes are the same ones I designed so many years ago. The biggest changes are the hole routings. The PGA Championship version had routings that made little sense. That has been fixed on this TW 08 version. Also, there are several new holes. Holes 1-13 are from the original design...in fact holes 10-13 are in the exact order as the original. Holes 14-18 are brand new.

As one might expect who has played the Tiger Woods golf games and the PGA Championship Golf games, the hole lengths that are hard in one game version are rather easy with the added distance allotted to the clubs in the other. Well, enough of the rambling! This course is in the final stages of completion and will be available for download soon. To give you idea of what the course is like, here is a video of my player (using a joystick) playing the back nine: https://vimeo.com/343503256. Enjoy!! 

Gunpower61
Site Admin
No User Image
Belgium

B-Day: 4/30/1961 (62)

Posted: Friday, June 21, 2019 at 12:05:11 PM | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing the preview video Bruce, looks very good.
Good luck with the new design. 

There are 1 active members online
Micko1,

Forum Statistics

Tiger Woods Golf Forum - Knob Hill Shores Golf Club - Page 1 Loaded in 0.250 seconds
Friday, March 29, 2024 @ 4:35:59 AM

Copyright 2024 - CourseDownloads.com
All Rights Reserved - No part of this site may be reproduced or used without express written permission of the CourseDownloads.com Staff

CourseDownloads.com is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.